* * - - - 3 votes

Best Buy Weekly Ad 4/26-5/2

Guides bestbuy

#31 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4131 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

You cannot bring over characters from 360 to PS4 right? Only PS3-PS4 and 360-XB1?

You cannot as far as I'm aware.

#32 Mogambi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

Will game guides be 50% off online as well? Hmmm....I've been wanting the Wind Waker HD guide.

#33 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

Dying Light does not understand I am a patient man and I will wait for it to fall to $40. 

#34 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

i got dying light + season pass for $20 thanks to the prelaunch gamestop glitch and still haven't played more than an hour :(  2 spooky 4 me

handsome jack collection worth it though, i'm playing pre-sequel on PS4 right now and its pretty fun.  not sure I'll replay BL2, finished it (no DLCs) on PC a long time ago

#35 DarkSouls  

DarkSouls

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

Hmmm all the talk in this thread makes me think I should try Borderlands finally lol.

I've noticed the funny thing about best buy is they can have some random games on sale not in the ad. I'll still keep a look out tonight.

Yeah I hope there are a few other things that show up price dropped on the website. 

#36 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:19 PM

I thought Dying Light was $24.99, got excited for a second. Booooo.

#37 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

Gotta couple certs I need to use by June, dunno if I wanna get handsome collection though or save me for witcher 3

#38 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:28 PM

I thought Dying Light was $24.99, got excited for a second. Booooo.

I thought I saw the same thing initially :(

#39 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6103 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:40 PM

Darn, was really hoping for a sale on Dark Souls ... seems like it's not dropping and I want to jump back in after Game Flying it.

#40 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4442 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:46 PM

Darn, was really hoping for a sale on Dark Souls ... seems like it's not dropping and I want to jump back in after Game Flying it.

I too am waiting for Dark Souls 2 to drop in price, $60 is just too much for the game at this point, $40 is the sweet spot, same with Handsome Jack Collection. I was really hoping to see DmC Definitive Edition hit $30 this week, but it doesn't seem to be dropping yet either. 

#41 DarkSouls  

DarkSouls

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:48 PM

Well since they are going to be releasing a patch to fix some of the issues with Dark Souls 2, it might not be terrible to wait a while to get started anyway. Patch should be out soon. I kinda wish I had been able to wait for it to price drop a bit, buuut it was a day one purchase for me. 

#42 ThaMajician   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

ThaMajician

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

Has anyone tried to use the movers coupon with the $75 coupon they give you after you trade in your 360/PS3? I'd be tempted if I could combine the two.

#43 Tumaras  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:10 PM

I'm torn on Dying Light, I rented it on Gamefly and loved it much more than expected.  But I was hoping for $39.99 by now.  I do have a $10 cert to burn though and with GCU that brings it to $30 which might make me bite on it.  

Dark Souls 2 SOTFS I'd wait on, it's a good game but those remaster/re-releases almost always drop quickly.  I'd be surprised if that one doesn't get a $39.99 sale for console in a month.  It shouldn't really be a $60 game and I'd feel a little regret if I paid that much, especially when you can pick it up for under $40 for PC (or even under $30) already quite easily.

BTW, I had my 50% off guide welcome coupon which hadn't expired yet, and tried using it on a sale guide a Best Buy last week and they don't combo.  Although not surprising it was a little disappointing.  At least at my store most of the guides there are dog-eared worn, well read-through, and unsealed so the e-guide codes might already be used...so not being able to use the coupon on a guide that's on-sale that is also basically in used condition made it a pass for me.  

#44 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

Well, time to PM my day one Borderlands purchase. Thanks OP.

#45 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

Hope a surprise trade in bonus pops up.

#46 DarkSouls  

DarkSouls

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

Well, time to PM my day one Borderlands purchase. Thanks OP.

How does that work? Wouldn't day 1 for that game be way out of the 15 day return/exchange period in which they are willing to price match pricing changes? 

#47 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:27 PM

Hope a surprise trade in bonus pops up.

You and me both!

#48 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

How does that work? Wouldn't day 1 for that game be way out of the 15 day return/exchange period in which they are willing to price match pricing changes? 

Im Elite Plus so I get 45 days to PM.

#49 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

Its a $75 coupon and $100 gift card.

Thanks.  We should put this in the OP.

#50 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

Im Elite Plus so I get 45 days to PM.

Ahh the 1%.  :bow:

#51 Dalerax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

I too am waiting for Dark Souls 2 to drop in price, $60 is just too much for the game at this point, $40 is the sweet spot, same with Handsome Jack Collection. I was really hoping to see DmC Definitive Edition hit $30 this week, but it doesn't seem to be dropping yet either. 

Dark Souls 2 will be on sale for $49.99 during the week of May 3-9 at Best Buy. It's not much but it might be enough for some people.

#52 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

Dark Souls 2 will be on sale for $49.99 during the week of May 3-9 at Best Buy. It's not much but it might be enough for some people.

How do you know this? Do you have an add for that week?

#53 Dalerax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:15 PM

How do you know this? Do you have an add for that week?

I work at my local newspaper. I've glanced at the ad.

#54 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

That would be awesome if you could take a peek for us on future ads.  

#55 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4131 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Any 3DS games you recall seeing?

#56 thegame85   Spicy Curry #30 CAGiversary!   1440 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up pal :)

#57 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

Yeah if you could get the ads out early for us that would be awesome

#58 Dalerax   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

That would be awesome if you could take a peek for us on future ads.  

My worry is job security. Pretty sure there's some stipulation in there about taking ads before they're out, and I can't recall but I'd assume there's also something in there about sharing information ahead of time. There's also this from the CAG rules:

"Trademarks, Copyrighted Material, and Confidential Information
You may not use CAG to make available content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of another. You may not use CAG to make available content which you have no right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (including but not limited to inside information and proprietary or confidential information disclosed in employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements)."

That also makes me weary. I'm aware people post things ahead of time, and I'm not sure of the specifics of how or why they do. Either way, I'd hate to draw enough attention that something bad comes of it.

Any 3DS games you recall seeing?

None in the printed ad. The whole ad is a little underwhelming, to be honest.

#59 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

My worry is job security. Pretty sure there's some stipulation in there about taking ads before they're out, and I can't recall but I'd assume there's also something in there about sharing information ahead of time. There's also this from the CAG rules:

You may not use CAG to make available content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of another. You may not use CAG to make available content which you have no right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (including but not limited to inside information and proprietary or confidential information disclosed in employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements)."

That also makes me weary. I'm aware people post things ahead of time, and I'm not sure of the specifics of how or why they do. Either way, I'd hate to draw enough attention that something bad comes of it.

As for the TOS, CAG has always posted up ads online beforehand.  What gets us is trouble is if we actually scan the ad and upload it on here.  So from what I've seen on this board over the last 5 years, nothing would happen to you if you were to post them in advance.  However, your job is first and foremost so if you feel uneasy about it then I would totally understand if you don't.

#60 Rick4Life  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

Just shoot a couple photos taken from your phone over to me and I'll gladly post it so there is no trace to you. ;)