* * - - - 3 votes

Best Buy Weekly Ad 4/26-5/2

Guides bestbuy

#61 AverySegaw  

AverySegaw

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:50 PM

Im Elite Plus so I get 45 days to PM.

Lucky duck. I miss being Elite Plus, but then I remind myself I would have had to spend an extra $2k just to get it.

#62 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14539 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

Yeah any work around you can do so it can't be traced back to you would be appreciated. Remember the post here has to be text only.

The newer members here may not remember speedy1961 but know Cheapy has your back.

https://www.cheapass...ciation-thread/

http://en.m.wikipedi...Cheap_Ass_Gamer

#63 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3201 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

Damn if I could put this coupon towards the Lumia phone promo, thatd be sick

#64 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:59 PM

Yeah any work around you can do so it can't be traced back to you would be appreciated. Remember the post here has to be text only.

The newer members here may not remember speedy1961 but know Cheapy has your back.

Was it speedy that also had that famous thread in OT regarding his rental home and getting sued by the landlord over various breach of contract stuff?  That thread was amazing.  An all-timer.

#65 Beega  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:03 PM

Dalerax! Understand the stardom that would be given to you if you got the ads early.  I could be your manager!  I'll swat away all the CAG groupies for you!  You and I are destined for big things!!

But seriously,  snap some pictures. Send them to a member on here and they will post the ads so there is no trail leading to you.  Strictly text, no signs or pictures that can come back to you.  

You would literally be vaulted to god like status on these forums.  And of course giving you credit for everything. 

#66 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7566 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

Motherfuckers Where the Fuck is the fuckin $40 for fuckin GTA?

What a missed opportunity for this cliched gif.

snakes-on-a-plane-o.gif

#67 Bombarded   Banned Banned   2531 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Bombarded

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

Just drop dead or alive last round, dark souls 2 and dying light even more please. I'll wait till handsome collection is $30 before gcu but not sure if the slipcovers are limited. I don't even see evolve copies at my bestbuy anymore

#68 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:39 PM

Dalerax! Understand the stardom that would be given to you if you got the ads early.  I could be your manager!  I'll swat away all the CAG groupies for you!  You and I are destined for big things!!

But seriously,  snap some pictures. Send them to a member on here and they will post the ads so there is no trail leading to you.  Strictly text, no signs or pictures that can come back to you.  

You would literally be vaulted to god like status on these forums.  And of course giving you credit for everything. 

yeah, and 1 min after it is posted on cag, SD will port it over, without giving any credits.

#69 Beega  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:51 PM

yeah, and 1 min after it is posted on cag, SD will port it over, without giving any credits.

Even Jesus had his enemies.  Have to choose which is more important getting praise from peers for your good deeds or not even helping your peers.

#70 DarkSouls  

DarkSouls

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:02 PM

Yeah I'm waiting for a good price on GTA too. Unfortunately I think the PC release brought everything back to full price because they know the game is back on people's minds and they figure anyone who is reminded that they still need to pick up GTA might as well pay full price for it. Or they don't want the PC version sitting there costing a lot more than the consoles. Probably gonna be another few weeks now before the price gets better.

#71 Vooyah   Sporadic At Best CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

I have a PS4 and a Wii U, but I really want to play Sunset Overdrive. Makes me sad.

#72 DarkSouls  

DarkSouls

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

Have you played infamous second son? Seems closest experience to sunset overdrive you can have on ps4

#73 Vooyah   Sporadic At Best CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:58 PM

I actually have Infamous Second Son, but it's on my backlog. :)

#74 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14539 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:08 PM

Was it speedy that also had that famous thread in OT regarding his rental home and getting sued by the landlord over various breach of contract stuff? That thread was amazing. An all-timer.

No it wasn't.

#75 Beega  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

I feel a flame coming but can these Trade In 360 deals be stacked at Best Buy?  I know gamestop was allowing it but idk how Best Buy works with these. 

#76 Violent_Virtuoso  

Violent_Virtuoso

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:45 PM

I feel a flame coming but can these Trade In 360 deals be stacked at Best Buy? I know gamestop was allowing it but idk how Best Buy works with these.

Unfortunately, only one coupon is allowed per transaction.

#77 NJMane  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

Looks like ill PM my copy of Borderlands. Ill take the $8 back.

#78 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

50% off all guides isn't too shabby, but I'm pretty much set on those. Thanks anyway, OP.

Depends on the guide, though non-CE guides are usually not worth picking up at 50% off since Prima sells their eGuides on the cheap.

#79 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1240 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:26 PM

Would be in for a Bloodborne or Dark Souls 2 collector's guide but can't find a listing :(

#80 Beega  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

Sorry one more question about BBY Trade In.  I just need to give them the console right.. No cords/controllers etc right for the $175

#81 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:57 PM

I have a PS4 and a Wii U, but I really want to play Sunset Overdrive. Makes me sad.

I played Sunset Overdrive in November when MS had it free for the weekend. Maybe I didn't play long enough (played maybe for 5 hrs) but it just couldn't get into it even though it had a Ratchet and Clank feel.

#82 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:40 PM

Sorry one more question about BBY Trade In. I just need to give them the console right.. No cords/controllers etc right for the $175

Everything but controllers

#83 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:43 PM

Sorry one more question about BBY Trade In.  I just need to give them the console right.. No cords/controllers etc right for the $175

you need console and power cord.  AV or HDMI cord is optional

#84 matsumoto11756   Need gaming time CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

matsumoto11756

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:00 AM

Newbie trade in question. I live on Long Island NY and all of my local Best Buys only accept trades that were purchased at Best Buy. I bought my 360 from them years ago but paid cash and no longer have the receipt. Has anyone traded a console in online? Anything special I need to know? I read the Best Buy Faqs page but it's kind of generic. I have all the original cables and controllers but no longer have the original box. Thanks in advance for the info.

#85 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4345 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:01 AM

David Abrams is Chaepy? It all makes sense now....

#86 PapaSlaughter  

PapaSlaughter

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:34 AM

Newbie trade in question. I live on Long Island NY and all of my local Best Buys only accept trades that were purchased at Best Buy. I bought my 360 from them years ago but paid cash and no longer have the receipt. Has anyone traded a console in online? Anything special I need to know? I read the Best Buy Faqs page but it's kind of generic. I have all the original cables and controllers but no longer have the original box. Thanks in advance for the info.

I've never heard of a store only accepting trades if they were bought at that store. Seems they may be taking the trade policy into their own hands.
If you use the my best buy card they can probably look it up, I have had them look up really old transactions(over 4 years) for me in the past to use the warranty.

#87 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49879 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:38 AM

The store is making changes to policy that they're not allowed to.  They cannot deny trade-ins if the console didn't come from them.    You don't need to the box to trade-in the console, just controller + power supply.

If the store gives you grief, call the BB corporate number of 612-291-1000 from the store, get the store number and then ask for Executive Customer Relations.  Explain to them how that store is making policy on their own different from posted company policy and I would expect the store to stop that ridiculous BS of making policy on their own.

#88 matsumoto11756   Need gaming time CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

matsumoto11756

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:02 AM

The store is making changes to policy that they're not allowed to.  They cannot deny trade-ins if the console didn't come from them.    You don't need to the box to trade-in the console, just controller + power supply.

If the store gives you grief, call the BB corporate number of 612-291-1000 from the store, get the store number and then ask for Executive Customer Relations.  Explain to them how that store is making policy on their own different from posted company policy and I would expect the store to stop that ridiculous BS of making policy on their own.

I got that info from the Best Buy website. When I click on my local stores, it says restrictions apply. This is from the website: "This store offers Trade-In only on eligible items including mobile phones, tablets, other hardware, and video game software that were purchased by you at Best Buy. Determine the value of your Trade-In now. Participating stores may have additional requirements. For eligibility and details, please see our FAQs"

#89 esalw822  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:23 AM

It's not that particular Best Buy making the rules, that's the local pawn laws in your location. There are quite a few counties/areas across the U.S. that have those requirements. You will not be able to trade items unless you can produce proof that the items were purchased at Best Buy. Like the other CAG suggested, maybe they can look into your rewards account for proof of purchase

#90 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:23 AM

Its actually nothing to do with Best Buy and has to do with local pawn laws. A store near me does that in a different county while the other ones don't. Sucks but nothing you can do about it.