$5 used blu-ray sale @ Family Video with free shipping

Great sale. Bought a couple. Thanks!

Also I believe everything from Family Video comes in original case. I don't think you get any bonus discs or anything though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who've bought from them before, are these rental or retail version (ie includes special features, etc)?

EDIT:

Bought a few blu. We'll see how it goes.

Great sale. Bought a couple. Thanks!

Also I believe everything from Family Video comes in original case. I don't think you get any bonus discs or anything though.
As a general rule, you only get what you buy. Buy the Blu-ray only get the Blu-ray (no DVD included) or buy the 3D Blu-ray only get the 3D Blu-ray (no 2D Blu-ray or DVD).

These are some damn good prices. I imagine most of these will go on sale for at or close to these prices on Black Friday if you HAVE to have the extra discs, but that's seven months away.

I had about 95 bucks worth of stuff picked out... but my OCD won't let me buy them.  I need to have the inserts/UV codes and all discs or I'll go crazy.

Awesome deals though if you don't care about that stuff!  Great find OP!

My problem is that these are most likely the rental versions so that means most will not have any special features or extras, as noted by the disclaimer above the sale.  I've noticed the discs from redbox are this way so I presume the ones from Family Video will be the same ones.  I'm a stickler for the extras so the lower price doesn't do it for me.

My problem is that these are most likely the rental versions so that means most will not have any special features or extras, as noted by the disclaimer above the sale. I've noticed the discs from redbox are this way so I presume the ones from Family Video will be the same ones. I'm a stickler for the extras so the lower price doesn't do it for me.
To help everyone out, here's a list of the movies I've bought from family video online that are the retail discs. I'm still waiting on a few more which should be here tomorrow.

bad lieutenant port of call, elysium, 2guns, the place beyond the pines, gone girl, the equalizer, the giver, the purge, purge anarchy, wolf of wall street, zero dark thirty, bullet to the head, admission, 22 jump street, noad, and neighbors were all the retail disc. the only rental exclusive I got was the other woman which does not have special features.

lone survivor, jack ryan shadow recruit, 3 days to kill, runner runner, the incredible burt wonderstone, non stop, sabotage, transcendence, robocop, and bad words are also the retail discs. 

I got Dumb and Dumber To and Spider Man 2.  They are retail packaging, they just don't include digital/DVD copies.  The blu-rays are in good shape just have a small family video sticker around the center.

Looks like I missed out on most. :/

Ah well looks like I can save some money.
LOL - indeed. I am trying to stop buying cheap blurays. The only ones I was interested in are probably going to be in a $4-5 bluray sale come this Black Friday anyways (22 Jump Street; Into the Storm; 47 Ronin). The latter two are allegedly terrible films so I can wait :)

4 of the 10 I ordered came with slipcovers and Gone Girl also had the book that is packaged with the retail release.  The other 5 had their original Blu Ray covers.

Just an FYI I've found better deals on most of the titles in this sale in-store. Picked up how to train your dragon 2 3d for 4.99. 47 ronin 2.99 3d, runner runner 2.50... might be worth a trip

I got my order of TMNT and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Planet of the Apes was a "Rental Exclusive" but TMNT was the original version.

I ordered 12 and still have received only 1 movie Fury, really strange, have emailed them twice now.
when i ordered mine, i ordered 6 and 1 was by itself, then the other 5 together, on seperate days. i first received the 1 movie, then a day later the others. they both shipped from the same place though.

Mine "shipped" last Thursday and I still do not have therm. Last time I ordered I got my items 2 days after the shipped email.

This hit slickdeals so If you didn't get in early I'm guessing their orders got backed up and probably had to take some of the movies from stores which takes longer.

I ordered Fury for $5 and Interstellar for $10. Both cases in great shape. Interstellar just had just the Blu and not the DVD as expected. Will def. need to check out future sales. They're legit.

Heads up that they're doing this again.  $1.99 shipping this time per order.  If you spend $50 you can take $5 off with code CINCOOFF through 8/16.

bread's done
Back