Watch Dogs $19.99 All Systems (Best Buy & Amazon)

So awesome. Got Mordor for $16 w/ gcu and now I might pick this one up. I've heard of some great redeeming qualities so for $20 I'll bite.

Anyone think this will be pretty much a common price going forward or should I jump on this now? I wouldn't get to playing it until next month anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
So awesome. Got Mordor for $16 w/ gcu and now I might pick this one up. I've heard of some great redeeming qualities so for $20 I'll bite.

Anyone think this will be pretty much a common price going forward or should I jump on this now? I wouldn't get to playing it until next month anyway.
I really disliked the game, but have this compulsion with finishing games, even when I hate them. So, I'm holding off on the $10 price point, which I think we will see if we are patient.

I bought WD a few weeks ago for the same price. Mainly wanted to see if they did a decent job recreating Chicago, and it's hard to resist a sealed, unused current gen game for $17. I didn't like it much at first. One of the biggest problems is that the main character is not very likeable. But I wanted to get my money's worth for it so I kept working through the main story. It got better and by the end I really enjoyed it. The multiplayer has some hilarious modes like where you invade someone else's game and you have to stay within a certain distance from them as they try to find you. Frankly with a pile of other games that I need to play, I know WD will make it into my PS4 again just to mess with that multiplayer a few more times. There are some weird things about the game, i.e. you can't shoot while driving because they are trying to force you to use your "hacking tricks" like blowing things up or messing with traffic lights to disable your enemies, rather than just leaning out the window with a gun like GTA. You have to give the game some time to open up, I think the very first story sequence the game loads you into feels very restrictive, you are stuck inside a certain building trying to sneak past guards and the learning curve is a bit rough as the game doesn't do a great job of explaining what it expects from you. Because again, in a difference from other open world games, WD doesn't actually want you going through a doorway and sneaking up on the guard to take them out, you're supposed to pull out your cellphone and hack into different cameras to find your way around a room. But that's what feels restrictive about it at first, because later in the game when you are presented with similar situations, you CAN choose to forgo the the hacking stuff and instead choose to pull out a gun and just fight the people in the area you need to get in to.

I'll say this, by the end I had to talk myself out of wanting to buy the additional DLC because I felt that just ruined the profit/savings margin of the fact that I got the game so cheap in the first place. But that's how much I was starting to like it by the end.

I wouldn't be suggesting that anyone buy it at 59.99, 49.99, probably not even 29.99. But if you've got nothing much to play right now, or even if you just want to add something to your backlog for later, WD is decent fun. For those saying they'd like to see it become even cheaper, I'm only a few months into doing most of my gaming shopping at Best Buy but I really don't think you ever see current gen games dropping to ten dollars. The cheapest stuff I have ever seen on PS4 that gets thrown into a cardboard "bargain bin" at the end of the aisle are things like "Putty Squad" and "Stick it To the Man" and those have 14.99 stickers on them. If you want something like Watch_Dogs for ten bucks you're gonna be looking for a used copy in an eBay auction. Or maybe months and months away or during a black friday sale will BB drop a price that low.

I really disliked the game, but have this compulsion with finishing games, even when I hate them. So, I'm holding off on the $10 price point, which I think we will see if we are patient.
Yea, it's a Ubisoft game so it will probably be under $15 new eventually for most systems.

The only one I'd buy at this price is the Wii U version since Ubisoft released the game to die and I can't see them printing any more once the initial shipment/print run is sold through.

You have to give the game some time to open up, I think the very first story sequence the game loads you into feels very restrictive, you are stuck inside a certain building trying to sneak past guards and the learning curve is a bit rough as the game doesn't do a great job of explaining what it expects from you. Because again, in a difference from other open world games, WD doesn't actually want you going through a doorway and sneaking up on the guard to take them out, you're supposed to pull out your cellphone and hack into different cameras to find your way around a room. But that's what feels restrictive about it at first, because later in the game when you are presented with similar situations, you CAN choose to forgo the the hacking stuff and instead choose to pull out a gun and just fight the people in the area you need to get in to.

I'll say this, by the end I had to talk myself out of wanting to buy the additional DLC because I felt that just ruined the profit/savings margin of the fact that I got the game so cheap in the first place. But that's how much I was starting to like it by the end.
100% Agree.

IMO they combine a bunch of games/TV/etc together to create WD. Some GTA, some Splinter Cell, some Person of Interest, some puzzles etc.

Story? yeah.. not the best.

Game? fun.

definitely worth the price with GCU

[quote name="litepink" post="12661394" timestamp="1430059864"]:ps4: :xb1: :ps3: :360: :wiiu: :pc: Watch_Dogs $19.99

In case you missed this same sale a few weeks back. Most likely good through May 2nd.[/quote]
Ends tomorrow, Part of the 4 day sale.

Probably see a goty soon. My friend streams and said it was good. Miordor on the other hand ending was a big disappointment he said. For $20, I think it's great.

This game was $20 back in Christmas at GameStop . Where was everyone?
Yeah, that's when I got it. I also had a $5 Kongregate coupon about to expire at the time so I got it for $15, still $1 less than what it's going for now with GCU. I didn't even get to it yet but I'm thinking of starting on it soon before it price drops again. I don't get why both Watch Dogs and AC Unity have gone for $20 at Best Buy so far but AC Rogue still hasn't, what gives BB. Now's usually the time when all of last years Ubisoft releases drop significantly.

Yeah, that's when I got it. I also had a $5 Kongregate coupon about to expire at the time so I got it for $15, still $1 less than what it's going for now with GCU. I didn't even get to it yet but I'm thinking of starting on it soon before it price drops again. I don't get why both Watch Dogs and AC Unity have gone for $20 at Best Buy so far but AC Rogue still hasn't, what gives BB. Now's usually the time when all of last years Ubisoft releases drop significantly.
Rogue for Ps3/360 is $20 at Toys R Us

I just started playing my copy I got back around Christmas or January during the $10 Target Cartwheel deal. I guess I'm liking it. It is an Ubisoft game so of course it suffers from a ton of bloat and collectible/side-mission hell. But I like some of the diversions so far, like the Digital Trips and Chess. Being able to walk around and spy on people and see into their personal lives via their phones and facial recognition is pretty cool too. I definitely feel like a boss, walking around Chicago.

This game gets a lot of hate, but it has some unique and fresh ideas.  It definitely has problems, but there is a lot of fun to be had if you go in with an open mind and don't have lofty expectations.  I think too much is made of the protagonist not being likeable.  GTA5 main characters were worse in my opinion and that game gets high praise.

Best Buy's website says none of my local stores have it in stock, though I somehow doubt that. Guess I'll have to make a few stops on the way home.

I bought WD a few weeks ago for the same price. Mainly wanted to see if they did a decent job recreating Chicago, and it's hard to resist a sealed, unused current gen game for $17. I didn't like it much at first. One of the biggest problems is that the main character is not very likeable. But I wanted to get my money's worth for it so I kept working through the main story. It got better and by the end I really enjoyed it. The multiplayer has some hilarious modes like where you invade someone else's game and you have to stay within a certain distance from them as they try to find you. Frankly with a pile of other games that I need to play, I know WD will make it into my PS4 again just to mess with that multiplayer a few more times. There are some weird things about the game, i.e. you can't shoot while driving because they are trying to force you to use your "hacking tricks" like blowing things up or messing with traffic lights to disable your enemies, rather than just leaning out the window with a gun like GTA. You have to give the game some time to open up, I think the very first story sequence the game loads you into feels very restrictive, you are stuck inside a certain building trying to sneak past guards and the learning curve is a bit rough as the game doesn't do a great job of explaining what it expects from you. Because again, in a difference from other open world games, WD doesn't actually want you going through a doorway and sneaking up on the guard to take them out, you're supposed to pull out your cellphone and hack into different cameras to find your way around a room. But that's what feels restrictive about it at first, because later in the game when you are presented with similar situations, you CAN choose to forgo the the hacking stuff and instead choose to pull out a gun and just fight the people in the area you need to get in to.

I wouldn't be suggesting that anyone buy it at 59.99, 49.99, probably not even 29.99. But if you've got nothing much to play right now, or even if you just want to add something to your backlog for later, WD is decent fun. For those saying they'd like to see it become even cheaper, I'm only a few months into doing most of my gaming shopping at Best Buy but I really don't think you ever see current gen games dropping to ten dollars. The cheapest stuff I have ever seen on PS4 that gets thrown into a cardboard "bargain bin" at the end of the aisle are things like "Putty Squad" and "Stick it To the Man" and those have 14.99 stickers on them. If you want something like Watch_Dogs for ten bucks you're gonna be looking for a used copy in an eBay auction. Or maybe months and months away or during a black friday sale will BB drop a price that low.

I bought this last month when it hit $20. (side note, should members keep posting threads if a game is the same price as prior sales?)

Just started WD yesterday and sunk a good amount of hours into it. I'm really enjoying the game. Only annoyance is the forced online hacking that happens. I'll be in the middle of something and it takes me entirely out of the way I was going.

Great game IMO, was it the blockbuster title? no.

But neither was AC 1.

My hope is the revise and revamp like they did and comeback with something great.

I really liked Chicago, I hope they expand on that rather than switch away completely, wouldn't mind traveling between cities, but that might be a bit much for them.

Still they already have Chicago built out so maybe not.

My favorite parts were creating creative solutions to game challenges, for examples one of the missions was to initiate a chase and take down someone, rather than go through all that, I chose to make an elaborate car-booby trap that took out my enemy without even having to get into a car! I laughed like a maniac afterwards, because i felt like i beat the game at its one game (pun intended)

Watch Dogs was one of my favorite games of 2014. I loved Chicago especially how they recreated downtown.

Yeah, I've also seen it go for $20 on Amazon IIRC but I'm asking why it hasn't gone this price at Best Buy yet. I wanna use GCU on it. No use in spending more on Rogue than I did Unity.
Well Rogue is a much better game... But I hear you. I'll be waiting until PC is $20 at BB.

Great game IMO, was it the blockbuster title? no.

But neither was AC 1.

My hope is the revise and revamp like they did and comeback with something great.

I really liked Chicago, I hope they expand on that rather than switch away completely, wouldn't mind traveling between cities, but that might be a bit much for them.

Still they already have Chicago built out so maybe not.

My favorite parts were creating creative solutions to game challenges, for examples one of the missions was to initiate a chase and take down someone, rather than go through all that, I chose to make an elaborate car-booby trap that took out my enemy without even having to get into a car! I laughed like a maniac afterwards, because i felt like i beat the game at its one game (pun intended)
WD was fun, not worth the $48+10cert fun, but I enjoyed it none the less, biggest draw back for me was driving it felt broken, having to brake every turn its like they didnt know what VG driving should be, so I too made fun solutions to bypass their goal gameplay :D/

Well Rogue is a much better game... But I hear you. I'll be waiting until PC is $20 at BB.
Yeah, it's probably good. Although I don't know for sure yet. I didn't play either. But I can at least guess Rogue is okay since I enjoyed Black Flag and they're so similar, no idea on Unity though since I didn't touch it yet.

I recommend getting it at this price. It's got some very good qualities making it ripe for a great sequel like Assassin's Creed franchise. The flaws shouldn't keep you from buying it indefinitely. It's definitely better than Destiny as far as 2014 goes.

It was good but should've been current gen only. Old gen didn't even have free roam or that really good online mode both for current gen only

I had a copy in my hand yesterday, and between GCU and a $5 Reward Zone Certificate I had I could have picked it up for $11, but I still couldn't bring myself to do it.

I got burned on Assassin's Creed twice, and I dunno if I want to give Ubisoft that third chance.

I had a copy in my hand yesterday, and between GCU and a $5 Reward Zone Certificate I had I could have picked it up for $11, but I still couldn't bring myself to do it.

I got burned on Assassin's Creed twice, and I dunno if I want to give Ubisoft that third chance.
You should, this is a great game.

It was good but should've been current gen only. Old gen didn't even have free roam or that really good online mode both for current gen only
It simply wasn't possible since the game has been in development for many years, before the PS4 was announced.

Also, the old gen/next gen debate always gets me. I still call the PS4 and xone next gen. Until brand new retail games, some exclusive to PS3, stop being made, the PS4 is next gen to me.

Watch Dog's affection for Chicago is obvious even if you haven't ever seen the place.

It's a solid game. I think if you're burnt out on the Ubi sandbox formula, it won't convert you, but I think it got a LOT more hate than it deserved. The story was obviously designed by committee but surprisingly well written all the same (It's about a surveillance state with nothing to say about surveillance. Where the most evil thing you can do with surveillance is rig an election and kill a little girl. Even Aiden laughs at the idea that rigged elections are unusual for Chicago. And for the most part ends up a mobster macguffin chase... But the writing is cool enough even despite its lack of coherence.). I enjoyed the story far more than Rockstar's "yet another identical fricken case study in neurosis pretending to be a story" nonsense.

I recommend it if you want a decent sandbox game with some nice stealth shooting and good driving/crashes.

The game is fun, better than the GTA5 single player in many ways. Maybe the new GTA character switching just didn't feel fun and fresh like it should, at least for me.

...Only annoyance is the forced online hacking that happens. I'll be in the middle of something and it takes me entirely out of the way I was going.
You can turn it off in the options. I turned the invasion off until I was ready for it.

bread's done
Back