* * * - - 2 votes

Watch Dogs $19.99 All Systems (Best Buy & Amazon)

watch dogs

#31 Kev Cyberpunk   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Kev Cyberpunk

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:31 AM

Well Rogue is a much better game...  But I hear you.  I'll be waiting until PC is $20 at BB.

Yeah, it's probably good. Although I don't know for sure yet. I didn't play either. But I can at least guess Rogue is okay since I enjoyed Black Flag and they're so similar, no idea on Unity though since I didn't touch it yet. 

#32 cannon  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:55 AM

I recommend getting it at this price. It's got some very good qualities making it ripe for a great sequel like Assassin's Creed franchise. The flaws shouldn't keep you from buying it indefinitely. It's definitely better than Destiny as far as 2014 goes.

#33 Bombarded  

Bombarded

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

It was good but should've been current gen only. Old gen didn't even have free roam or that really good online mode both for current gen only

#34 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

I had a copy in my hand yesterday, and between GCU and a $5 Reward Zone Certificate I had I could have picked it up for $11, but I still couldn't bring myself to do it.

I got burned on Assassin's Creed twice, and I dunno if I want to give Ubisoft that third chance.

FU7kFbw.png
Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

#35 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6169 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

I had a copy in my hand yesterday, and between GCU and a $5 Reward Zone Certificate I had I could have picked it up for $11, but I still couldn't bring myself to do it.

I got burned on Assassin's Creed twice, and I dunno if I want to give Ubisoft that third chance.

You should, this is a great game. 

jac522.png

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/no658ea3

#36 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:11 PM

You should, this is a great game.

I loaded Nintendolife's review on the game while I was in the store, as they're generally my go-to place for opinion, and they made it sound just as dull as the Assassin's Creed titles I've tried.

FU7kFbw.png
Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

#37 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3662 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:23 PM

It was good but should've been current gen only. Old gen didn't even have free roam or that really good online mode both for current gen only

It simply wasn't possible since the game has been in development for many years, before the PS4 was announced.

Also, the old gen/next gen debate always gets me. I still call the PS4 and xone next gen. Until brand new retail games, some exclusive to PS3, stop being made, the PS4 is next gen to me.

#38 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

Watch Dog's affection for Chicago is obvious even if you haven't ever seen the place.

It's a solid game. I think if you're burnt out on the Ubi sandbox formula, it won't convert you, but I think it got a LOT more hate than it deserved. The story was obviously designed by committee but surprisingly well written all the same (It's about a surveillance state with nothing to say about surveillance. Where the most evil thing you can do with surveillance is rig an election and kill a little girl. Even Aiden laughs at the idea that rigged elections are unusual for Chicago. And for the most part ends up a mobster macguffin chase... But the writing is cool enough even despite its lack of coherence.). I enjoyed the story far more than Rockstar's "yet another identical fricken case study in neurosis pretending to be a story" nonsense.

I recommend it if you want a decent sandbox game with some nice stealth shooting and good driving/crashes.

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#39 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2302 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

Why?

Who cares about someone's opinion of a game they haven't played?

#40 CheapGamesRock  

CheapGamesRock

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

The game is fun, better than the GTA5 single player in many ways. Maybe the new GTA character switching just didn't feel fun and fresh like it should, at least for me.

...Only annoyance is the forced online hacking that happens. I'll be in the middle of something and it takes me entirely out of the way I was going.

You can turn it off in the options. I turned the invasion off until I was ready for it.