YMMV - Entire VITA Game Stock On Clearance at Target

Marbles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was just at two different Targets in Massachusetts (Leominster and Worcester) and both had their entire stock of Vita games on clearance from between $5-12 per game.

Sorry for the crappy picture, best my phone could get.[attachment=14058:IMG_20150426_172029.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe there's a couple titles not on clearance like Tearaway, LEGO Chima, and one or two others.

My store has God of War Ascension Collector's Edition and other items moved to where clearance is usually and are charging full original release day price for them. Stupid Target store.

Oh Vita...I will have to buy games from Japan once its all phased out.

Hmm..I'll have to check at my local Target again. They had titles like the Ninja Gaiden, Hot Shots Golf, etc. on clearance recently. But more recent games, like MLB 15, were in an entirely different area and definately not clearanced.

So not sure if it's ALL Vita games but certainly all but the newer ones.

My local Target had a bunch of price tags saying the Vita games were $5-12 each, but I couldn't actually find any games except Borderlands 2 for $19.99.

Oh Vita...I will have to buy games from Japan once its all phased out.
Most of the crap being clearanced is games that came out at or around launch, and Freedom Wars. Target never really stocked most Vita games anyway.

As long as Atlus, XSEED, and even NIS exist, I doubt most Vita owners will be hurting for games. Unless there's still a few Vita owners waiting for a console-quality CoD or something. If you're a niche Japanese game fan, you're going to be okay.

Grabbed Uncharted Golden Abyss for 11.98. Too bad I have no way to play it since it's not compatible with PS TV and I don't have a VITA.

The Target I went to today had 2 loose Vita games and 2 behind the locked cabinet.

The 2 loose ones were Gravity Rush for $4.58 on clearance (which I bought a couple of weeks ago at a different Target for the same price) and Street Fighter X Tekken for $39.99 (WTF?).

In the cabinet was MLB 15 and The Walking Dead Season 2 for regular price.

Still need to pickup uncharted for my collection but can never find a good price for it and my target does not carry it. Sigh*

My store has God of War Ascension Collector's Edition and other items moved to where clearance is usually and are charging full original release day price for them. Stupid Target store.
Tell me dude. My 2 closest targets have inventory that should have been clearance out years ago that are all in one corner, but all still full priced. Like I remember recently seeing a Littlebigplanet 2 move bundle and when I scanned it, it rang up as $120. Like, they still have full priced PSP cases.

My local Target has been buzzard-picked for weeks; I managed to snag anything worthwhile (Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Jak Trilogy, Sly 4) a month ago when CAG first clued me in to the clearance.

I just got back from checking once more to be sure, and all there is is the shovelware. Several copies of Smart As, a couple of MLB: The Show, and one or two All Stars Battle Royale.

I guess all that's left is the quiet markdown of the Vita itself. Because there's no price at which anyone will be snapping up five copies of Smart As.

Not the whole stock, but all those games that were $5 at best buy already were there. I still see stuff like Minecraft at regular price on the displays.

It's a shame that they forced in the touch controls. They really didn't need to do it.
After I had to open the first game using the touch screen with three swipes I was over the novelty. I love the game, but that stuff was really unnecessary. Saying that, I wouldn't mind a HD remake for PS3 or PS4.

I was just at two different Targets in Massachusetts (Leominster and Worcester) and both had their entire stock of Vita games on clearance from between $5-12 per game.

Sorry for the crappy picture, best my phone could get. IMG_20150426_172029.jpg
Leominster is my home store and I'm actualljy heading to Worcester today. Its hard to tell from the pic, is there anything really worth grabbing?

To further echo others' statements - it's not the entire Vita stock on clearence, just select titles (Sly Cooper, MLB 14, Smart as, LittleBigPlanet, and Playstation All Stars). Every store in the RDU area in NC has plenty of Vita games at MSRP (Soul Sacrifice, Minecraft, Borderlands 2, etc.).

I checked the nearest Target while traveling and they were all $29.99 or $39.99 there. They had a decent amount that I wanted to grab while they are being clearanced out. I have a feeling in a few years the Vita is going to be looked back on differently by gamers/collectors and would like to fill out my collection while places are clearing them out.

I was able to grab Uncharted Golden Abyss for $14.96 two weeks ago. All thats left in my local target Vita's Clearance shelf is Freedom Wars.(as of April 25th )

Whoa man, I feel for you.

Not only playing it, but paying for a Saturn? I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
You really have no idea what you're talking about. The Saturn was a fantastic console, with a stunning library of shmups to name just one genre. It may not have had a long lifespan, but it had plenty of fantastic games in its library.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. The Saturn was a fantastic console, with a stunning library of shmups to name just one genre. It may not have had a long lifespan, but it had plenty of fantastic games in its library.
I loved my Saturn more than my PS1 due to having better veritey and gorgeous focus on tight controls and lots of 2D games.

Also, some of Working Design's Best.

I went to a Target a few weeks ago and the only game they had on clearance was MLB 14 for Vita, which is definitely not something I'd buy at any price. They had Terraway and several other Vita games all at retail price though. 

Hmm..I'll have to check at my local Target again. They had titles like the Ninja Gaiden, Hot Shots Golf, etc. on clearance recently. But more recent games, like MLB 15, were in an entirely different area and definately not clearanced.

So not sure if it's ALL Vita games but certainly all but the newer ones.
MLB15 is $20 and is one of the empty cases that contains a download code instead of a cartridge.

Next thing you know he's gonna insult the dreamcast.
Never. I love my Dreamcast, still play it now and then.

That was a console way ahead of its time.

However, even as a young man I knew the Saturn was inferior to the competion.

Plus it's fun to kick the hornet's nest around here every once in a while.

Never. I love my Dreamcast, still play it now and then.

That was a console way ahead of its time.

However, even as a young man I knew the Saturn was inferior to the competion.

Plus it's fun to kick the hornet's nest around here every once in a while.
just because the system itself was inferior doesn't make the games inferior. Cmon its got some great RPGs and smups. Hell i bought one just for Dragon Force

The Saturn and its RAM cartridges meant that it wrecked the Playstation and N64 in terms of anything involving sprites (with the infuriating exception of Symphony of the Night, thanks Konami).

And that controller for fighting games? Still unbeaten in my opinion.

bread's done
Back