Selling Game Workshop and other miniatures?

Dokstarr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hey everyone,

This seemed like the best forum to ask since all the eBay and selling guys hang out in here.

A friend of mine at work was setting up an estate sale at his dad's house because they need to sell the house to pay for his medical care. He mentioned to me how he had tons of Game Workshop miniatures from like 20 years ago (I'd guess the metal ones then) and he was feeling bad about how he they are probably going to be estate saled for like 20 bucks. Sounds like he has probably a few hundred figures back from the 80's. He says he has two plastic containers with them in there.

I told him he should try to sell them instead, but he's not sure he has the time to go through with that but I was thinking of maybe offering to help him since I already have an eBay store and do quite a bit of selling.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any good price guides or any advice on selling these minatures. He says he had painted them all. I know very little about the miniatures - do they usually have numbers on the bottom to look them up or anything? are there guides?

I'd appreciate the help!

Also - he told me he built a huge castle back in the 90's that is like the size of a few desks put together. I'm thinking maybe he should call up the local game store or maybe post it on craigslist instead of the estate sale. Is there a market for custom made stuff like that?

If you have a high volume of figures, I'd personally find a cheap church flea market to set up at and advertise it on craigslist a little beforehand. Then again, I live in MD where the interest in tabletop-gaming is fairly strong.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back