DELL is a horrible gaming retailer - Buyer Beware

I'll just get into this briefly - DELL is horrible. I partook in a couple of their $25 credit deals and experienced this:

- Dell's slower with shipping than an irresponsible, first-time eBay-er

- they are not consistent with following through on pre-order bonuses (figured out after the fact that I will never get my promised Goro DLC with MKX, as the rep I spoke to "has no information for that")

- They only keep a small amount of games in stock, and all stay at MSRP indefintely, rendering the $25 credit rather moot.

- The credit expires within a couple months, so you're prety much forced into overpaying for a game or accessory that's probably not your first choice.

And just to top it off, this is what comes up when you click their DEALS section:

d17f5abf-1860-4237-5c1a-ad9e5eefb7f1.png

It goes without saying - I think you should all avoid Dell. Not even their accessories and computer parts are competitively priced. If I just bought normally from a deal site / used Best Buy GCU, and bought accessories/PC parts elsewhere, it would have all evened out. The only difference is that you won't get a headache if you shop elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had placed an order for a New 3DS from Dell.. The order sat for a few days before they let me know it was backordered and it would be a month before I saw it. So I go to try to cancel the order. Thought it would be simple to do. I spent a good 25 minutes with two separate Dell people to finally get the order canceled.

That is the last time I ever bother with them again. I could get into all the scam crap I got into with buying from Dell years ago but thats another discussion.

I agree though. Do not buy from Dell.

bread's done
Back