Are people finally fed up with corrupt and bad police across the country

Finger_Shocker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
It seems everyday there is a new story of police acting unethically, unprofessional or downright criminal.

Has the institution itself, finally now under a microscope that it has never had to deal with before. We are seeing what has been their dirty secrets.

On a side note:

Police love to use the "he got a gun, I fear for my life" excuse.   But in all these riots and uprising, there have yet to be "all these bad guys with guns" that we are brainwashed to believe.  And no one has gone on a shootout during these protests.   It looks more like Palestine Vs. Israel when you look at it, the citizens being Palestine and our police being Israel

Not to mention the majority of all people killed by police are never armed with a gun.

Maybe the fact is that guns really aren't that available to bad people.

There are 10s of thousands of good cops to every 1 bad cop. Don't let the main stream media brain wash you any more than you already are. As long as humans are cops there will be bad ones just like every other profession in the world.

they sure are in baltimore right now , i expect the national guard to be deployed soon, and marital law

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz8q5ZE7u2E

Last edited by a moderator:
A city councilman was whining about lack of economic development and opportunity in Baltimore as a reason for the violence.

So let's burn down the new $16 million senior center and CVS.

Its disgusting watching what their doing and the sad part is they're doing it around where they live. It started as a protest and now its just lets loot a store because the cops aren't going to stop us. Supposedly there is another "purge" happening today at another local mall. This whole situation is just hurting Baltimore financially, 10 o'clock curfew is going to really hurt downtown bars and restaurants. Its just sad.

There are 10s of thousands of good cops to every 1 bad cop. Don't let the main stream media brain wash you any more than you already are. As long as humans are cops there will be bad ones just like every other profession in the world.
How many professions have the power of police and kill you if they fuck up or have a bad day?

How many professions have the power of police and kill you if they fuck up or have a bad day?
Ehh...that argument is a two way street though. How many professions have you put your life in danger by willingly and continuously confronting some of the worst scum in the country?

That doesn't excuse what happened here in any way. But the the way in which our society decides to "protest" now isn't right either. What we're seeing is the equivalent of a toddler kicking, screaming, and throwing a tantrum to get what they want. Even if they had a point, you can't give in to it because it just reinforces that that behavior gets results.

But that's how stupid we are as a country now. We have people in power who don't know how to act and people in the streets who don't know how to act. This is a sinking ship, folks. Might as well cue up the band.

If these people actually wanted to protest, they'd be burning down police stations, city halls, capital buildings, etc.

It's less work and more rewarding to burn down private businesses. You're unlikely to get free stuff before burning down a cop-shop.

Ehh...that argument is a two way street though. How many professions have you put your life in danger by willingly and continuously confronting some of the worst scum in the country?

That doesn't excuse what happened here in any way. But the the way in which our society decides to "protest" now isn't right either. What we're seeing is the equivalent of a toddler kicking, screaming, and throwing a tantrum to get what they want. Even if they had a point, you can't give in to it because it just reinforces that that behavior gets results.

But that's how stupid we are as a country now. We have people in power who don't know how to act and people in the streets who don't know how to act. This is a sinking ship, folks. Might as well cue up the band.
No it doesn't go both ways. We've already established in the other thread that the chances of getting killed as a cop is highly unlikely considering the volume of encounters. Unless every cop is meeting the worst scum of the earth every time they walk up to someone, I don't see how any reasonable person can make that argument with a straight face. It's a total false equivalence.

Most people also seem to conflate protesting with rioting without thinking about the ratio. For someone that bitched about media portrayal previously, your opinion on the matter sure does seem shaped by it. I doubt the news channels are highlighting the protesters that are marching peacefully or trying to mitigate violence or even the cops instigating violence.

There is no such thing as having a 100% non-violent movement for social change especially when it comes to race. It never existed. People LOVE to throw fanservice on MLK, but he had Malcolm X and others forcing the issue. The same with Ghandi; he had anti-colonialists fucking shit up. The only thing being non-violent does is making it easier for those in power to fuck you up.

If being non-violent and going through the system worked, we wouldn't have people acting "infantile." Which is a word I'd use to describe some people's "reasoning" behind those types of statements. Believe me, there's an entire army of people trying to do things the "right" way.

edit: Passive aggressiveness aside(mine), there's a reason why there's so much focus on the violent aspects and that's because it benefits those in power(political or economically) to do so. It helps them to put a burning cop car with black people running around on every form of media because it makes it easier for those to speak out in the power elite's interests as opposed to showing the street workers that pound pavement everyday trying to make their communities a better place. Even then, people will use that example to dismiss legitimate grievances of people that act out by not seeing how the problems are bigger than those actors.

So let me get this straight, a few bad apples in the police department? We say they don't represent the whole group. Some rioters go looting and pillaging? Well then anyone protesting is clearly just trying to destroy their entire neighborhood.

Oh, and just for the record I oppose the over-generalization in both applications.

For the record, to clarify my earlier comment - it was solely in regards to those who are engaging in egregious acts of violence and trying to dress it up as protests. Those who engage in peaceful (as in non-violent) protests are always respected in my book (which I'm sure means nothing to them), regardless if I agree or disagree with the reason for their protest.

Anyone who burns down a random store because of something unrelated, then tries to say they were protesting the unrelated event (or, worse, comes up with some kind of convoluted six degrees of Kevin Bacon reasoning) - bah. Don't need you and neither do the legitimate protestors.

Its funny that police gets to commits acts of violence and then tell everyone else that its time to peacefully protest..

Pretty sure people should be outrage at the gov't when they basically almost decapitated a man in police custody and all these cops get is a nice long PAID vacation....  Remember the CEO who kicked his dog in the elevator, well he was fired WITHOUT pay and was ARRESTED and brought to court !!! 

Guess a dog have more rights to respect by our gov't then humans

This is how disgusting our police force and gov't have in viewing human lives.

You got to be kidding me right ???

Don't worry peace is always the way !!!  Is that why our gov't is using force all around the world instead of negotiating peacefully with other gov'ts we don't like?

Is Obama and our gov't negotiating peacefully with ISIS

Why is it the outrage over protestors who commits violence but not the bad police who do it? 

Just understand this :  White kids riots over stupid sports wins/loses, at least minorities riots when they have JUST cause

Want to hurt the gov't financially is to strike at all the tax paying businesses that supports that gov't, police force

You want to bring down a gov't, bring it down financially through their money sources ( businesses ),  no police especially even the corrupt ones ( who steal and shakedown ) will want to work for low pay.

So people who want to make a statement should always strike where it hurts the gov't financially.

And the main point is ALMOST all police are bad, doesn't matter if its black, white, yellow, purple, mixed, brown, red... The only color is blue and brass to them, once they wear that uniform its a pass to commits acts of crime or violence without the fear of punishment.

And we will never hold police accountable due to the law of necessary evil..  We will accept evil because without the evil there maybe something even worst.  So no we will never hold the police accountable no matter what  crimes they commit.

Cops been getting away with crimes even when video exists of them doing it, they have no fear cause they know they can get away with it.

Rodney King proved that even video won't matter, so no amount of video now will make the difference

There are some good cops, yes.  But if you are a cop and you see another cop doing something bad/wrong, and you say/do nothing.  Then you are just as bad.

So, no, the 10,000 to 1 BS is stupid.  There are plenty of bad cops that are bad because they don't do anything about the really bad cops.

There are some good cops, yes. But if you are a cop and you see another cop doing something bad/wrong, and you say/do nothing. Then you are just as bad.

So, no, the 10,000 to 1 BS is stupid. There are plenty of bad cops that are bad because they don't do anything about the really bad cops.
If you live in a poor neighborhood and see a fellow resident do something bad/wrong and you say/do nothing, then are you just as bad as your fellow resident?

Don't worry, guys. I have decided to throw myself into researching these incidents as heavily as possible. I will be watching these two films back to back. I will report my findings when I finish.

$_35.JPG
MV5BMTQ2OTY5NDc1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQ0MzkzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR51,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

If you live in a poor neighborhood and see a fellow resident do something bad/wrong and you say/do nothing, then are you just as bad as your fellow resident?
I am reminded of the stupidity of some people who continues to deflect from the real issues by deflecting ...

You know who RATS out those people who the police post wanted posters or when the local news runs the "we need your help identifying a suspect in the video etc etc." ? Let me point you to that answer... THE COMMUNITY

Now when the local news runs a story about how a man mysteriously has his spinal column severed while in a marked police van, do the police RAT out what really happened? NO..

Now when the local news runs a story about how a unarmed guy gets shot in the back, do the police RAT out what really happened? Or did they RAT out once some NON-LEO private citizen provided the video footage necessary?

I believe the first response to the media by the police was that this guy's death was justified until that pesky private citizen video showed up

There you go.... good enough for you.

Again there will always be people like those above and in the world who will keep deflecting the real issues with posting stupid and ridiculous questions to try to take away from the real issue. Lets see what new deflecting statement he will make...

Want to hurt the gov't financially is to strike at all the tax paying businesses that supports that gov't, police force

You want to bring down a gov't, bring it down financially through their money sources ( businesses ), no police especially even the corrupt ones ( who steal and shakedown ) will want to work for low pay.

So people who want to make a statement should always strike where it hurts the gov't financially.
We are already like $19 trillion in debt not counting unfunded entitlements, I remember it was $4 billion a day federal deficit spending not to long ago....I don't think the gov't really cares about its financial solvency anymore.

I am reminded of the stupidity of some people who continues to deflect from the real issues by deflecting ...

You know who RATS out those people who the police post wanted posters or when the local news runs the "we need your help identifying a suspect in the video etc etc." ? Let me point you to that answer... THE COMMUNITY

Now when the local news runs a story about how a man mysteriously has his spinal column severed while in a marked police van, do the police RAT out what really happened? NO..
Now when the local news runs a story about how a unarmed guy gets shot in the back, do the police RAT out what really happened? Or did they RAT out once some NON-LEO private citizen provided the video footage necessary?
I believe the first response to the media by the police was that this guy's death was justified until that pesky private citizen video showed up

There you go.... good enough for you.

Again there will always be people like those above and in the world who will keep deflecting the real issues with posting stupid and ridiculous questions to try to take away from the real issue. Lets see what new deflecting statement he will make...
You're absolutely right. "Stop Snitchin'" and "Snitches get Stitches" totally aren't a thing. The fact that you specifically call people who do report stuff "RATS" doesn't mean anything at all. And there's not a single recorded case in the history of mankind of a cop snitchin' on another cop. Ever.

How could I have been so wrong all along?

Its disgusting watching what their doing and the sad part is they're doing it around where they live. It started as a protest and now its just lets loot a store because the cops aren't going to stop us. Supposedly there is another "purge" happening today at another local mall. This whole situation is just hurting Baltimore financially, 10 o'clock curfew is going to really hurt downtown bars and restaurants. Its just sad.
What hurt Baltimore the most, though, was giving a private business $300 million to build a baseball stadium. They also own a hotel that lost $5.6 million last year.

What hurt Baltimore the most, though, was giving a private business $300 million to build a baseball stadium. They also own a hotel that lost $5.6 million last year.
Sounds like that hotel would be a better target for the ire of protestors.

I seriously don't understand the obsession with spending taxpayer funds on stadiums, convention centers, and the like.

I seriously don't understand the obsession with spending taxpayer funds on stadiums, convention centers, and the like.
Well, the rhetoric is that it improves the local economy by giving people reasons to come to the area, bringing their business with them, not to mention creating jobs (kind of a "spend money to make money" argument).

But truthfully, the only thing America produces anymore that has any global value is entertainment. If we could somehow properly channel the revenue from professional sports, movies, television, and music, I bet we'd pay off that $19 trillion debt in no time. No one in the world gives a shit about American made clothing or vehicles, but I promise 95% of the planet knows what happened on the most recent season of The Walking Dead.

Really...this is part of the argument for higher taxes on the wealthy. But that's an entirely different can of worms.

When it comes to publicly financed projects the benefits are overstated and the costs are understated. One way they do this is to count labor costs as a benefit. So the city's share for this stadium is $300 million and it's going to create X amount of jobs. Several problems with this. One, you're counting a cost as a benefit. Two, you're not accounting for the quality of those jobs. The majority of stadium jobs will be part-time seasonal. I'm talking 4-6 hours shifts about 80 home games a year. 

The attendance projections did not pan out. Although Camden Yards sold out initially, Orioles attendance has been in the bottom half of the league. Business has not been booming and the population in Baltimore has decreased since the stadium was built.

Finally, it's not common sense to give an already profitable enterprise public money. Baseball makes a lot of money, even the worse teams make money. Teams may do some creative accounting to make it seem like they are not making money, but that's Hollywood accounting. It's not a rich vs. poor or a red vs. blue issue, it's just common sense. And the tickets are still full price and the stadium is still subsidized every year. At least when you subsidize the bus, the tickets are cheaper.

The $300 million and the subsidies the team receives every year would be better spent on almost any public service.

All six cops involved in the Freddie Grey case were charged today. Here's the full press conference where the DA lists off all the charges:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5EIjwn1g6k

bread's done
Back