* * * * * 1 votes

Public Service Annoucement: Club Nintendo Platinum/Gold Rewards Expiration April 30th.

#61 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2789 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:20 PM

For those who might want to download it.

https://games.yahoo....-133300295.html

#62 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4221 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

Can't decide what to get still... will probably go with DK for WiiU since i've got all the other first party Mario-related games. Feels like a waste to get one of the 3DS gold games that I don't have yet.

I'm torn. I have about 4,500 points to redeem and a platinum reward to accept. I have all of the retail 3DS games as well. Only thing I really wanted was the Animal Crossing playing cards that disappeared a month ago. I plan to just buy all of the 3DS games I don't own just to have a large digital catalog.

#63 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4221 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

Can I play this on my 3DS?

#64 KnightOfTruth   Suikoden Collector CAGiversary!   1609 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

KnightOfTruth

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

I'm torn. I have about 4,500 points to redeem and a platinum reward to accept. I have all of the retail 3DS games as well. Only thing I really wanted was the Animal Crossing playing cards that disappeared a month ago.

with all those points, you could probably just select a bunch of the games and then sell the codes on eBay for the price of the cards on eBay.  I was holding out for the Smash #2 poster set, but I missed them :( 

Only got 1000 coins left or so, but debating about getting the "2015 coin case" (cuz it has a Zelda insert), or just some of the games I don't have yet.   If you're really tough up for using your points on something, just buy me the case and the Zelda pouch and it'll save me the headache of figuring out which I want more -- the games or the semi-useless swag. ;)

#65 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2789 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

Download it and find out.

#66 sweeetja713   Damn you CAG mobile theme! CAGiversary!   2405 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

sweeetja713

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:30 PM

So evidently you have to register your club Nintendo account on the dsi to receive coins. I did not know this. When I completed the survey it showed 100 coins for each of the three I registered on my to do history. Came to find out today I never received said coins because I never linked my club Nintendo account.

Went through chat. First guy couldn't help. Got transferred up a tier. Second guy couldn't help and gave me the generic customer service number. Called that. It took a bit for the guy to understand but he put through a request to the back office for my coins since you can no longer register.

Received an email from the back office about an hour later basically stating it was too late to register stuff. Um hello, the point is I never got credit for stuff I thought was already properly registered.

Call customer service again. Get a really stubborn guy but he explains the back office can't help because they literally can't add coins anymore. It's not physically possible.

I ask to speak to his supervisor after going round and round about being denied my rightful rewards. I get transfered and play the whole you had to register club Nintendo on the system game again. Which is of course impossible now. We go round and round some more including why am I just contacting them now (I saw this reminder yesterday.) I explain why, including my lack of interest in checking my account until I saw the reminder. Again with the we can't assign coins or register systems.

Finally after pointing out that I am not only being screwed out of a retail 3ds game but also several smaller eshop games (This would have given me platinum and 415 coins to spend before June on rewards) He places me on a hold. About 4-5 minutes later he comes back and offers me any retail or eshop game by Nintendo since I can't get the coins and thus platinum status. Majora's Mask is now on it's way here and I should have it within a week. Quite a long time with customer service but definitely worth it I think.

tldr; Nintendo screwed up my coins and in doing so denied me 300 and thus platinum status plus with the total coins I would have had two small eshop games. After way too long with customer service and continuously having to contact them, I have a retail copy of Majora's Mask on the way.

That's a friggin worthy platinum reward.

#67 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:13 PM

Good job failing to follow the very clear program rules then complaining until you got something!

#68 zerotl   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:14 PM

Thank you! I missed out on platinum for waiting last minute. I got Mario Kart for my gold this time....

Now not sure to either get nes remix or earthbound with my 360 points

#69 WilliamG   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1817 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

So evidently you have to register your club Nintendo account on the dsi to receive coins. I did not know this. When I completed the survey it showed 100 coins for each of the three I registered on my to do history. Came to find out today I never received said coins because I never linked my club Nintendo account.

Went through chat. First guy couldn't help. Got transferred up a tier. Second guy couldn't help and gave me the generic customer service number. Called that. It took a bit for the guy to understand but he put through a request to the back office for my coins since you can no longer register.

Received an email from the back office about an hour later basically stating it was too late to register stuff. Um hello, the point is I never got credit for stuff I thought was already properly registered.

Call customer service again. Get a really stubborn guy but he explains the back office can't help because they literally can't add coins anymore. It's not physically possible.

I ask to speak to his supervisor after going round and round about being denied my rightful rewards. I get transfered and play the whole you had to register club Nintendo on the system game again. Which is of course impossible now. We go round and round some more including why am I just contacting them now (I saw this reminder yesterday.) I explain why, including my lack of interest in checking my account until I saw the reminder. Again with the we can't assign coins or register systems.

Finally after pointing out that I am not only being screwed out of a retail 3ds game but also several smaller eshop games (This would have given me platinum and 415 coins to spend before June on rewards) He places me on a hold. About 4-5 minutes later he comes back and offers me any retail or eshop game by Nintendo since I can't get the coins and thus platinum status. Majora's Mask is now on it's way here and I should have it within a week. Quite a long time with customer service but definitely worth it I think.

tldr; Nintendo screwed up my coins and in doing so denied me 300 and thus platinum status plus with the total coins I would have had two small eshop games. After way too long with customer service and continuously having to contact them, I have a retail copy of Majora's Mask on the way.

That's a friggin worthy platinum reward.

I fail to see how this is Nintendo's screw-up.. but well done for being tenacious.

#70 sweeetja713   Damn you CAG mobile theme! CAGiversary!   2405 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

sweeetja713

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

Good job failing to follow the very clear program rules then complaining until you got something!

Nowhere in the paperwork did it say anything about having to link the device with my account. It said register at Club Nintendo. I did. No where when completing the survey did it say to link the account to the device to receive coins. I did the surveys in January, the last time I used the site; well before the cut off. It showed in the to do the coins were given for the surveys but they didn't show in my account yet. Under help it says that you should wait, they may take a couple days to show up. I thought ok. Forgot all about it until I saw this reminder.

So basically tell me at what point I am to know completing the survey is not enough? It doesn't say that anywhere along the way. The paperwork says to register it at Club Nintendo which I do. It shows I am to be given coins. Why would I think I haven't done everything I am supposed to. Yeah, I forgot about it, but as far as I can tell the verbiage of the cut-off mentions the last day to register not contact customer service regarding missing coins. I don't really recall I read it in one of the threads on here, saw June, and promptly put its off. In fact other than saying it was impossible to do now that was the one complaint they didn't have; my contacting them about missing coins. They stated a lot of other information was listed and what not but never said I'm sorry there was a cut-off to contact us regarding this.

Basically other than the forgetting on my part and thus causing difficulties with getting the coins, which yeah I don't check Club Nintendo frequently, I admit, I fail to see how I am in the wrong. Yeah, if it was clearly splashed in an obvious spot when you go to where the club Nintendo insert tells you to go that you must link system to receive coins, I wouldn't feel like I was owed anything. But no where did it say that along the way and it showed I was to receive the coins in my history. Checking help says they should be credited within a few days. No where under missing coins does it say you need to first need to link your device with your club Nintendo account. So yeah I argued. I didn't argue for the game specifically. I just wanted what I felt I was rightfully owed. I even pointed out that particular game was not part of the rewards and suggested I be limited to the platinum rewards as options. In the end the supervisor must have agreed with me that missing out on platinum and the other games was unfair. He offered any game as a solution. I didn't suggest it.

#71 darpogamer   RPG Gamer4Life CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:07 PM

4/10, I may poop again.

4/10… are you pooping my leg?!

#72 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1883 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:15 PM

I ordered the Mario tshirt for 700 coins and they sent me 2. Was that a mistake? Am I lucky? Or did everyone get 2 shirts?

#73 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

So basically tell me at what point I am to know completing the survey is not enough?

Did you get the coins once you completed the steps you believed to have been required?  If not then you probably should have had the common sense to think  "maybe I didn't actually get those coins since everything else I got right away".  Or just not have left it for four to five months.  The last day for any coins has been on their site since 1/20/15 and is in no way ambiguous: "3/31/2015 Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership"

Basically other than the forgetting on my part and thus causing difficulties with getting the coins, which yeah I don't check Club Nintendo frequently, I admit, I fail to see how I am in the wrong.

Clearly.

#74 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12013 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:01 PM

You can input your code here and then just complete the download when you are playing your console/device.

https://id.nintendo....icate=if-needed

If you register through this link is the game permanently in your download queue?  It could be several months before I register my WiiU, I just want to make sure I don't waste the game code if I can't get around to downloading it for a few months.

#75 T1NY   Chewing Aluminum Foil CAGiversary!   1252 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:05 PM

I got 250 coins left. I already got Earthbound.  What is another must have game?

#76 RandomHero918  

RandomHero918

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

I'll pay $10 for a platinum reward and $5 for a gold if anyone wants to sell theirs on the cheap!

#77 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:14 PM

I'll pay $10 for a platinum reward and $5 for a gold if anyone wants to sell theirs on the cheap!

Look at Mr big bux here! I'll give 11/6! Let the bidding begin!

#78 RandomHero918  

RandomHero918

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:24 PM

Look at Mr big bux here! I'll give 11/6! Let the bidding begin!

You are too rich for my blood good sir.

#79 Raccoon2117   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Raccoon2117

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:16 PM

Thanks for this.  I bit on Pushmo as my gift.  I know Crashmo for free is technically the bigger deal, but the reviews indicate it's slightly worse as well.

#80 Sporkis   Will Duel 4 Mead! CAGiversary!   1773 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:32 PM

If you register through this link is the game permanently in your download queue?  It could be several months before I register my WiiU, I just want to make sure I don't waste the game code if I can't get around to downloading it for a few months.

I would also like to know about this as well.

#81 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3680 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

Thank you for this. I almost forgot. Now to figure out what the hell to get...

#82 Dalrint   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:36 AM

I  picked up Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Thanks for the reminder!

Now to find someone to sell me an ultimate nes remix code...

#83 gumbyx84   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

gumbyx84

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:33 AM

I'm so happy I decided to jump on CAG tonight. I would have lost out on free game. TY much Liquid Metal

#84 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:56 AM

I'm between PS4s right now. If I "buy" P.T. using my computer and register it to my PSN account, would I be safe to download P.T. to a PS4 at a later date? 

#85 lordopus99   Training for the silver CAGiversary!   5138 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

lordopus99

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:04 AM

Thank you for the reminder!  Picked Animal Crossing New Leaf

#86 z24buddy   Skilled Cactus Killer CAGiversary!   571 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:31 AM

Bump; just over 24 hours left to select that Gold or Platinum award

#87 Flash Strife   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Flash Strife

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:56 AM

Code itself doesn't expire till later right? Got DK Tropical Freeze for my sis and nephew since I already have the disk but she's not getting a Wii U for like another month.

#88 Jayrcee   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   383 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:08 AM

Code itself doesn't expire till later right? Got DK Tropical Freeze for my sis and nephew since I already have the disk but she's not getting a Wii U for like another month.

July 31, 2015

#89 Flash Strife   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Flash Strife

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:33 AM

July 31, 2015

Thanks. Thought it was something like that but couldn't find the deadline and didn't want to just let the code expire.

#90 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:39 AM

Got my reward but now have to get external storage, any recommendations that run around $50-$60?