* * * * * 1 votes

Public Service Annoucement: Club Nintendo Platinum/Gold Rewards Expiration April 30th.

#151 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10976 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:42 PM

Yes because that game will be dropping in price within the year. Who cares that it retails for $50 at the moment. Theres a reason nintendo put it up for a reward. They didnt give us majoras mask or pokemon ruby or anything else they are making real money on.

This is CAG, we don't deal in futures and speculation. ;)

#152 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule

1/20/2015 Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo

3/31/2015 Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership 6/30/2015 Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

Get Games and Rewards

All games will be available up to June 30th, 2015

*facepal* yea... thanks im a derp. Was a long day and though i clearly read that brain was thinking april 30th for some reason... probaly the plat reward cutoff? thanks

#153 ProfessorMicro   Dark Lord of the Sith CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

ProfessorMicro

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:19 AM

*facepal* yea... thanks im a derp. Was a long day and though i clearly read that brain was thinking april 30th for some reason... probaly the plat reward cutoff? thanks

No problemo.

Even after typing that I was still kinda paranoid, and had to fight the urge to just blow the rest of the coins immediately.

It doesn't help that Ninty has like 4 different dates for expiration of gold/plat rewards, coin redemption, code redemption, etc.

#154 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13054 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

Yes because that game will be dropping in price within the year. Who cares that it retails for $50 at the moment. Theres a reason nintendo put it up for a reward. They didnt give us majoras mask or pokemon ruby or anything else they are making real money on.

Well you can go ahead and wait for it possibly drop to $20 in the next year or three, while anybody that wants to play it now can get a great deal for it at $20.   FYI, the original Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii never dropped it's MSRP below $29.99 from what I have seen (as I would have picked it up under $20).

#155 Liquid-Swords   Deal Hunter CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Liquid-Swords

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:57 PM

The codes you got for redeeming a platinum reward dont expire until june, correct?

#156 objectionblaster   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

objectionblaster

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:56 PM

The codes you got for redeeming a platinum reward dont expire until june, correct?

The last day of June, yes, thats what they said.

I just got my last physical reward from Club Nintendo. (kinda brings a tear to the eye ;) ) the Majora's Mask messenger bag. It looks nice but it's too small for me to use it for anything, really, so if any CAG wants to PM and offer something, it's available.