- - - - -

Etrain Mystery Dungeon: Get all available DLC free until May 4!

#1 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

http://www.nintendo....549761_330f58c2

If anyone's interested. This kind of sale tactic is not to my taste--sucks for completionists that the full game is locked behind DLC. Still don't think I'd pay full price for the game even so.

Edit: Probably should've placed this in JRPG deals thread on second thought...if a mod could delete this thread please?

#2 wonton2112   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

wonton2112

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

Not everyone keeps track of the JRPG sales thread.  I'm glad you posted or I wouldn't have seen this at all.

#3 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

I guess you have to have the game to get the DLC?

3ds120.gif Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate   :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: TBD

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps3: Scott Pilgrim
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#4 chnandler_bong   There are...no strings on me CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Destiny
XONE

chnandler_bong

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

I guess you have to have the game to get the DLC?

Pretty sure that's the point.  I'm wondering if a rental of the game would suffice, and then come back later and buy the game at a cheaper price.

#5 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:28 PM

Pretty sure that's the point.  I'm wondering if a rental of the game would suffice, and then come back later and buy the game at a cheaper price.

Probably and I'm certainly considering it.

3ds120.gif Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate   :pc: TBD  :wiiu: TBD :vita: TBD

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps3: Scott Pilgrim
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#6 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3433 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:33 PM

Need to get this....haven't even started the game.....I don't want to miss out on free DLC like I did the Theathrythm.

#7 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   26983 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

it should the  DLC  should download to your memory card 

WOOOO I STINK

#8 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4565 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Pillars of Eternity
PC

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

I was thinking about it but the DLC totals about 8.5 bucks.  Assuming this is like most other Atlus 3DS releases it'll probably routinely be 15 bucks eventually.  Bonus for early adopters but idk that I'd let it sway my purchase decision.

http://www.siliconer...c-month-launch/

• Find a Wanderer for me: Find the master chef Wanderer to unlock three new recipes for the Amber Restaurant. ($1.49)
  • Find a Princess for me: Find the stray Sovereign to unlock a meal fit for a king in the Amber Restaurant. ($1.99)
  • Find a Landsknecht for me: Find the adventurous Landsknecht to unlock three new recipes for the Amber Restaurant. ($1.49)

The last two DLC quests are repeatable quests that you can get from Niralda:

• Know the Red Pookas? Slay a Red Pooka wandering around the dungeon to receive a Golden or White potion for extra experience. ($1.99)
  • Slay the Gold Guardian: Defeat an elusive Gold Guardian in the dungeon to receive a Nugget of Gold fragment for extra gold. ($1.49)

Read more at http://www.siliconer...cX8lffclr312.99

For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#9 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7371 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

I have no idea what other DLC is planned for this game, but if it's anything like the free initial stuff, then it won't be worth it.  These are just simple quests that should have been available free of charge in the main game at launch.  It's really not worth the $0.99 (or more) they will be charging for each quest.

Personally I'm getting sick of this DLC at launch, and nickel-and-diming the consumer.  At least Atlus was kind enough to offer it for free for a limited time to early buyers though.

#10 MakMan333  

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:34 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't have known this was a thing unless it got its own topic. Thanks OP :D

It's not that good.  But I like the wacky characters.-Mooby

#11 groundskeeper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1346 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

groundskeeper

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:37 AM

I'll have to take out my Xenoblade Chronicles to load this up I guess.  I love that game on the 3DS.  Never could get into it on the Wii.  However I could not stand playing any game on the Wii.

CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#12 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   3948 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

wait so hows this work? Do you get it from the cruddy nintendo store or is it something you have to go to in game? I wasn't going to open and play this for a while but if i have to be on it to get the DLC i guess i better

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#13 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7371 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:17 PM

wait so hows this work? Do you get it from the cruddy nintendo store or is it something you have to go to in game? I wasn't going to open and play this for a while but if i have to be on it to get the DLC i guess i better

You will need to do it in the game itself.  Actually, I think that's how all 3DS DLC works - you need to order it from the in-game menu.

#14 groundskeeper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1346 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

groundskeeper

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:56 PM

Yep in games,  I did this last night.

CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#15 HelloooNurse  

HelloooNurse

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

Sounds like I'll be renting, returning, and rebuying when there's a sale.

#16 chnandler_bong   There are...no strings on me CAGiversary!   1558 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago   Has been playing Destiny
XONE

chnandler_bong

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:56 PM

Sounds like I'll be renting, returning, and rebuying when there's a sale.

I've done Step A and will do Step B probably tomorrow.  Step C will definitely happen, this game is pretty fun!

#17 starboyk   Reverand Cletus CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:58 PM

eh. Had to think about it, but will wait until it's $15 digitally.  Then, just spring for the extra $8 in DLC.

Thanks for posting this here, though, OP!! Totally would miss this otherwise!

#18 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   3948 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:22 AM

You will need to do it in the game itself.  Actually, I think that's how all 3DS DLC works - you need to order it from the in-game menu.

damn, that really sucks. Guess ill have to open a copy sooner rathe rthan later. *sigh* not really surprised. Nintendo usually has to be obtuse and difficult with they way they do everything. DLC is no different i guess

*edit* can i snag this from the game menu when i start it up or do i have to play to a certain point/? Just noticed its the 3rd so i better grab it today

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#19 Zbornak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:27 PM

*edit* can i snag this from the game menu when i start it up or do i have to play to a certain point/? Just noticed its the 3rd so i better grab it today

I'm pretty sure you can download it from the main menu as soon as you start the game.

Posted Image

#20 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   7371 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:00 PM

I'm pretty sure you can download it from the main menu as soon as you start the game.

This is correct.  It's available immediately.

#21 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3397 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:16 PM

darn it!  There was limited time DLC for Theatrhythm???  *facepalm*

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#22 Jayrcee   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:35 AM

Does the DLC get saved to the game cart or on the 3DS SD card?