Nintendo E3 2015 Predictions Thread!

wacekar7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Post your E3 2015 predictions!

Feel free to post anything you THINK may be announced or you HOPE to be announced!

I'm just spouting out a list of things off the top of my head, I obviously wouldn't expect this many big titles at once.

My Predictions/Hopes!

-Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door 2 (Supports new line of CARD Amiibo....because paper ;)  )

-Luigi's Mansion U

-F-Zero UX (with dedicated Amiibo line of the VEHICLE figures) *Blue Falcon/Golden Fox/Fire Stingray/Wild Goose*

-Metroid U

-Super Mario RPG: Smithy's Revenge

-Super Mario Galaxy 3 OR Some new open world Mario game (64 style)

-Super Mario Sunshine HD OR Gamecube Classics coming to Wii U!

(Yes, you can use the GC Controller adapter!!

Week 1: Super Mario Sunshine

Week 2: Luigi's Mansion

Week 3: Super Smash Bros Melee)

-Dedicated Amiibo Line for the new Star Fox (Fox/Falco/Peppy/Slippy/???)

-SNES Remix

Last edited by a moderator:
As for predictions, I suspect we'll see the new Starfox in some form as well as more of the new Zelda.  Those will be the big hitters.  I bet something like a Paper Mario will be teased along with a new-ish IP or spin-off game somewhat in the vein of Toad's Treasure Tracker. 

I'd be all in for anything Luigi's Mansion on Wii U including a sequel, remake or rerelease of the gamecube game. 

I think they'll also hit Amiibo's hard and include them in just about everything that's new, so I expect some things there.  Maybe even some cheap, downloadable games that focus solely on Amiibo interaction. 

Stuff that will most likely happen.

-Xenoblade Chronicles X Release Date (or I hope because I really need to plan the next few months of my life around that release, lol).

-Zelda gameplay shown (very limited).

-New Smash Bros Fighters Announced

-New Amiibo line

Stuff that could happen.

-SNES Remix

-Super Mario 3D World 2 (because we can't do an open world Mario game again to piss me off).

-New Mario Kart 8 DLC?

-New IP that is on the line of Toad's Treasure Tracker. Nothing huge.

-Mario RPG for WiiU or 3DS

My Dream List

-3D Mario Game like Galaxy

-Metroid U

-Pilotwings U

-Startropics 3 (will never happen)

What I think will happen:

Nintendo releases a video of games they've already shown previously. They have a limited presence at E3. No new games are shown. Limited edition Amiibo sold or given away at the show, goes up on ebay for a shit ton. (Later sold online everywhere for MSRP)

New LE 3DS XL is a GameStop Exclusive. 

What I'd like to see happen:

Nintendo links games to your account, not the hardware.

Wii U Virtual Console links with old VC without having to go into Wii mode.

Amiibo Direct Sales

$100 price drop on Wii U

LE NES-style Wii U with 128GB Flash Drive

64GB Flash Drive new Standard

New Wii U Metroid and Kid Icarus

Earthbound Zero, Mother 3 on Virtual Console

Preview of Wii 3 and DS3

You do realize they have already announced another Treehouse, Digital Event, and the World Championships, right? Not exactly a small presence.

And Nintendo has already said they won't be showing off the NX or any successor systems.

I believe we will be getting further info on Star Fox WiiU, Fire Emblem if, SMTxFE, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Project X Zone 2, Rodea the Sky Warrior, and Xenoblade Chronicles X. I also believe they will announce another 12-15 games minimum that will be out by the end of the year or early next.

The obvious:

Yoshi, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and, SMT vs FE as well as compatible amiibo.  Also Animal Crossing cards.

I would like to hear about:

HD pack of SM Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion

Paper Mario bundle (1,2, and the Wii game I never played)

HD Super Mario Galaxy 1,2

HD Pokemon Snap or newer type of game

I doubt Nintendo is ready to jump on the whole hd compilation money making train though.

I somewhat expect a Star Fox and Metroid to be announced and more info on Zelda.

Amiibo lines for Star Fox and Zelda would bring up both happiness and anger.

They should have had a few HD Wii game "Select" editions ready for launch of the system. It's never too late, but I agree they probably won't do that now.

Yoshi's Wooly World has been announced with a June 26th release date in EU, hopefully, at E3 we'll see an official release date near that.

Yoshi's Wooly World has been announced with a June 26th release date in EU, hopefully, at E3 we'll see an official release date near that.
It's nice to have a release date but if it comes out that early wont be buying it for a few months. Between Splatoon and Witcher, my gaming backlog is tied up.

I just want a Xenoblade release date, so I can shift around my backlog for it, lol.

So now that there more Zelda U information is confirmed, I hope we get another tentative release date. I also hope that Yoshi's Wooly World does not come out so soon....I will not be able to afford it. Spent way too much on Splatoon and amiibos.

It's nice to have a release date but if it comes out that early wont be buying it for a few months. Between Splatoon and Witcher, my gaming backlog is tied up.

I just want a Xenoblade release date, so I can shift around my backlog for it, lol.
Same here. A decent release date is all I ask for. Not super soon, but not end of the year or worse next year. Get this thing a date Nintendo.

I also predict that Reggie is going to pull down his pants and do that weird dance from some anime where they put their arms above their heads, and wiggle back and forth.

Nintendo debuted a new 3DS game at the World Championships: Blastball. Soccer with mecha using the Metroid Prime Hunters engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Al88tCCjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttKkiEKqwuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JveyEU04fUA

My predictions for tomorrow (going insane and doubt many of these will happen but anyway):

Wii U:

- Paper Mario

- Animal Crossing 

- Metroid Prime 4

- Diddy Kong Racing 2

3DS:

- 2D Metroid

- Mario & Luigi RPG

- F-Zero

- Rhythm Heaven

And more info on Xenoblade X, Devil's Third, Yoshi's Woolly World, Fatal Frame, Star Fox, Zelda U, Fire Emblem if, Animal Crossing 3DS and some indies.

Animal Crossing Wii U is almost a lock at this point.

A new Metroid and Paper Mario game seems rather likely, as well. There's been too much rumor at this point for something to NOT be in the works.

I'm super-hyped about tomorrow, because Sony's, and Micro$oft's were pretty great, and N always seems to do something that outshines them, in some way.

I'm honestly not sure what I want to see from Nintendo at E3. I'd probably have my day (and year) made if they announced no retailer-exclusive amiibo for the next wave and announced a Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager restock that was in a good supply. 

I feel like some new MK8 DLC is in the works. It probably won't be announced at E3 but I can't imagine that they won't have more DLC out by the holidays. 

With everything that I'm sure they're going to showcase, I'm not sure I can take too many surprises. I'd love to see Pokemon Colosseum 2 or something similar for Wii U. That would make my day. I don't need an MMORPG for Pokemon (though that would be awesome) like a lot of people. 

After seeing that image of Animal Crossing amiibos, I'm fairly certain a Wii U entry is in the cards. As for the 8-bit Mario one? Probably for Super Mario Maker, although it does make me hope we get a Wii U Paper Mario reveal as well as a Paper Mario amiibo  :pray:

After seeing that image of Animal Crossing amiibos, I'm fairly certain a Wii U entry is in the cards. As for the 8-bit Mario one? Probably for Super Mario Maker, although it does make me hope we get a Wii U Paper Mario reveal as well as a Paper Mario amiibo :pray:
The AC ones are probably to push New 3DS Sales. I could be wrong and a new AC game is always welcome.

They have leaked Paper Mario awhile ago.

Personally I just want a new 3D Mario Similar to Galaxy, Sunshine, 64, etc. If they did that, then I would be so happy. Either that or they make Zelda more of an RPG then just Zelda.

There is no way they would make 4 amiibo for something small like Happy Home Design. That's what the cards are for.

I'm going to put "Mother 3 English release AND and brand new Earthbound for Wii U" in my "When pigs fly" category.

Other things in that category? Some stuff from Capcom:

- Mega Man Legends 3 with remastered Legends 1 and 2.
- Street Fighter V with Little Mac and Captain Falcon
- Ace Attorney Investigations 2 US release

There is no way they would make 4 amiibo for something small like Happy Home Design. That's what the cards are for.

I'm going to put "Mother 3 English release AND and brand new Earthbound for Wii U" in my "When pigs fly" category.

Other things in that category? Some stuff from Capcom:

- Mega Man Legends 3 with remastered Legends 1 and 2.
- Street Fighter V with Little Mac and Captain Falcon
- Ace Attorney Investigations 2 US release
Definitely wouldn't hold my breath for a Wii U release of Street Fighter V. Especially since Sony has already announced it as a console exclusive on PS4 numerous times now. The Wii U is also not an ideal console for Street Fighter as the controllers aren't good for fighters, aside from the Gamecube controller and Smash Bros. and more importantly the online is terrible on Wii U.

I'd love to see Mega Man Legends 3 resurface though and of course Mother 3 would be a huge surprise. Never say never though, we just got Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and The Last Guardian last night! Anything is possible now, Half-Life 3 may even show it's face again!

The main thing I want from Nintendo this year though is a new Metroid game, I want this desperately.

God. This is boring me to tears
Extreme disappointment in the Metroid revival being an odd Prime off-shot for the 3DS. I'm cool with the Prime games, but if they are going that route, please make a full fledged Prime 4 for Wii U! I would have much rather had a traditional 2D or 2.5D Metroid game on the 3DS. Star Fox looks good and the 3DS line-up is shaping up very nicely as well though.

Extreme disappointment in the Metroid revival being an odd Prime off-shot for the 3DS. I'm cool with the Prime games, but if they are going that route, please make a full fledged Prime 4 for Wii U! I would have much rather had a traditional 2D or 2.5D Metroid game on the 3DS. Star Fox looks good and the 3DS line-up is shaping up very nicely as well though.
I even think a 3D Metroid game could be damn good if it was put into the right hands. Team Ninja fucked it up so bad, alot of people just think that Metroid can't be done as a 3rd person action game.

I even think a 3D Metroid game could be damn good if it was put into the right hands. Team Ninja fucked it up so bad, alot of people just think that Metroid can't be done as a 3rd person action game.
I can't believe how utterly demoralizing seeing that new "Metroid" (if you could call it that) game is... It was the only major announcement I was really hoping for (since we already knew about StarFox) and I was thinking "well, they know how much their fans care about this, whether its 2d or 3d on the 3ds or WiiU, it'll be good"... how wrong I was.

Seriously, I remember reading that article back aways about Other M and how Sakomoto thought it failed because "Metroid fans don't like female protagonists and didn't know Samus was a girl" and I remember just thinking "man this guy is going to kill one of my favorite franchises if somebody doesn't stop him"... well, looks like he did.

RIP Metroid #MetroidIsDead

I can't believe how utterly demoralizing seeing that new "Metroid" (if you could call it that) game is... It was the only major announcement I was really hoping for (since we already knew about StarFox) and I was thinking "well, they know how much their fans care about this, whether its 2d or 3d on the 3ds or WiiU, it'll be good"... how wrong I was.

Seriously, I remember reading that article back aways about Other M and how Sakomoto thought it failed because "Metroid fans don't like female protagonists and didn't know Samus was a girl" and I remember just thinking "man this guy is going to kill one of my favorite franchises if somebody doesn't stop him"... well, looks like he did.

RIP Metroid #MetroidIsDead
From the Treehouse Live demo, it looked pretty fun. Might be worth looking at when it comes to releasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVsryzjPddY

From the Treehouse Live demo, it looked pretty fun. Might be worth looking at when it comes to releasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVsryzjPddY
Yeah, I saw that. And I agree it looks like a fun 4-person no-name game, it does NOT look like a fun "Metroid" game. Not a fan of this spin-off at all and the only redeeming factor is that MAYBE because they didn't show any games by Retro, that they are actually working on a legitimate Metroid for the WiiU to be shown next year?

Wow. I am speechless at to how disappointing this was :(

Literally no surprises on Wii U except for Animal Crossing which isn't even a real Animal Crossing....

I don't think there was a single new thing shown off in the entire Yoshi segment they haven't already shown?? Besides release date, which is way to far off IMO.

Ughhhh.

I love you Nintendo but you're freaking killing me. So much potential for Wii U titles and none of it happening. The fact that they actually mentioned the NX gives me very little hope for anything else coming that we don't already know about (Zelda) coming to Wii U in the future. Sounds like an early abandonment is imminent after Zelda drops.

Nintendo should have atleast announced a $199.99 wii u bundle or something and the conference could have been interesting even though no new wii u game announcement. At least that could have move some units. I guess nintendo is just going to ride the amiibo hype and hope the sales from them can sustain until zelda wii u comes out or whenever they announce the release of nintendo nx.

It's clear that Nintendo has essentially given up on Wii U, much like they have done with all the prior consoles. Ever notice how for any other console ever, there are still a steady stream of quality titles coming out right up until, and something even after the successor console comes out. With Nintendo, they stop support a good 2 years before the next one.

It's clear that Nintendo has essentially given up on Wii U, much like they have done with all the prior consoles. Ever notice how for any other console ever, there are still a steady stream of quality titles coming out right up until, and something even after the successor console comes out. With Nintendo, they stop support a good 2 years before the next one.
Not really. All of these are supposed to come out in 2015:

- Yoshi's Woolly World

- Devil's Third

- Star Fox Zero

- Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

- Xenoblade Chronicles X

- Super Mario Maker

- Animal Crossing: Ca$h Grab Party

- Fatal Frame

Don't get me wrong, the Digital Event was pure garbage, but there are still good games coming out these year. It's just almost everything that was shown today, we already knew about.

Not really. All of these are supposed to come out in 2015:

- Yoshi's Woolly World

- Devil's Third

- Star Fox Zero

- Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

- Xenoblade Chronicles X

- Super Mario Maker

- Animal Crossing: Ca$h Grab Party

- Fatal Frame

Don't get me wrong, the Digital Event was pure garbage, but there are still good games coming out these year. It's just almost everything that was shown today, we already knew about.
Well "good" is certainly a matter of opinion, they have games coming out this year, but none of those are going to set the world on fire by any means.

To be fair, the games everyone was wowed by at the Sony conference aren't coming out until late next year. Hell, Final Fantasy 7 has only just started production.

bread's done
Back