- - - - -

Bloodborne $49.99 at Best Buy

#1 Shadow Cloud   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Shadow Cloud

Posted Yesterday, 02:05 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...f=8575135&loc=0

With GCU it will be $39.99. The price will show up as $49.99 once you've added to your cart providing you're a My Best Buy Gamers Club member (free to sign up).

A patch was released recently to speed up the load times so it seems like now is a great time to try the game out.

#2 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   2892 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted Yesterday, 02:11 PM

If you have a ps4 I can't recommend this enough

#3 Lgndryhr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:16 PM

Will have them pm since I bought mid April last month.

#4 oldboy26   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   527 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:21 PM

If you have a ps4 I can't recommend this enough

Bloodborne is not a game for everyone. It needs a lot of patience and creativity. It can be very frustrating  within minutes of starting it, so it's not a mass appeal game.

Posted Image

#5 ZabaZu  

Posted Yesterday, 02:47 PM

Bloodborne is not a game for everyone. It needs a lot of patience and creativity. It can be very frustrating  within minutes of starting it, so it's not a mass appeal game.

Yet it sells in large numbers. It has mass appeal just like any other AAA game does. There isn't a single game that is literally for everybody. With that said, if you are easily frustrated or the type of gamer to put games on the lowest difficulty setting, it isn't for you.

#6 thesuzukimethod   i am a cracked machine. CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

thesuzukimethod

Posted Yesterday, 02:53 PM

i'll also add that the game's difficulty spike hits in the first hour.  if not sooner.  after that it's a nice gradual increase, but the first hour of the game is teaching you a lesson about how the game works.  (always fair, never easy).

it punishes you for being overly cautious, but it destroys you if you're too careless/reckless...gotta find that balance.

one of my favorite games in a long time btw.

#7 ComTruise   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:07 PM

Oooohh... is this online only or B&M too?

#8 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2019 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:24 PM

This already in the a Best Buy sale post that is stickied to the top of the page. Thanks anyway to the OP.

#9 thesuzukimethod   i am a cracked machine. CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

thesuzukimethod

Posted Yesterday, 03:30 PM

This already in the a Best Buy sale post that is stickied to the top of the page. Thanks anyway to the OP.

no it's not.

#10 mrclutch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2019 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:49 PM

You know what you're right. I was thinking Dark Souls 2. My apologies. Well done!!

#11 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:53 PM

I can trade in my old phone and get a $40 BB gift card and buy this with GCU. Eff it, I think I'll do it.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#12 myka22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   653 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:03 PM

Great game that everyone should at least try at some point. The patch definitely improved things but the load times are still a little long.

Currently Playing: Killer Instinct, Ryse.

#13 thesuzukimethod   i am a cracked machine. CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

thesuzukimethod

Posted Yesterday, 05:29 PM

You know what you're right. I was thinking Dark Souls 2. My apologies. Well done!!

haha, well, Bloodborne is kind of dark souls 3, so there's that.

#14 BrodieBruce2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

BrodieBruce2

Posted Yesterday, 06:31 PM

Went to get the game in-store, it did not ring up for $50. Even after scanning in GCU, it was still $48.

#15 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   614 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 06:36 PM

Went to get the game in-store, it did not ring up for $50. Even after scanning in GCU, it was still $48.

did you try to buy online for instore pick up?

#16 BrodieBruce2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   18 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

BrodieBruce2

Posted Yesterday, 06:44 PM

I got them to adjust it, Just letting everybody know as a heads up. 

#17 etcrane   One Star for a Reason CAGiversary!   4471 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:44 PM

So tempted ... but I don't have a PS4 and I'm waiting til E3 ... fingers crossed that Bloodborne has a nice BF discount ... if I can wait that long ;)

#18 TylerDurden313   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   305 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

TylerDurden313

Posted Yesterday, 07:45 PM

Had a reward cert to burn. Thanks OP. This game is gonna consume me for the next month

#19 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   6321 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Had a reward cert to burn. Thanks OP. This game is gonna consume me for the next month

It most certainly will! It took me about 59 hours to get through my first play through. Got stuck after I completed the dungeons. As soon as I finished the game, I wanted to play it again. It's definitely one of my favorite titles on the PS4. 

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#20 barneshome   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

barneshome

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Thanks OP!  I had purchased for $48 with GCU a couple of weeks ago.  My local BB wasn't able to get it down to $32, but I was able to get it adjusted to $40 - well worth the trip!

#21 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8980 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted Today, 12:16 AM

Thanks OP!  I had purchased for $48 with GCU a couple of weeks ago.  My local BB wasn't able to get it down to $32, but I was able to get it adjusted to $40 - well worth the trip!

Why would it be $32?  Price is $40 WITH GCU.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#22 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   784 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:25 AM

I'll wait till it's 30 or under, not sure if it's going to be my type of game, looks good though but idk if I have the patience

#23 Larry Davis   All Night Operator CAG in Training   576 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted Today, 12:28 AM

i'll also add that the game's difficulty spike hits in the first hour. if not sooner. after that it's a nice gradual increase, but the first hour of the game is teaching you a lesson about how the game works. (always fair, never easy).

What? I thought Papa Gassy was the hardest boss in the game, and the best. Also pretty much the only one that takes advantage of the faster combat: the rest are just standard Souls-type "stand behind this big thing and hit it" bosses.

I'll wait till it's 30 or under, not sure if it's going to be my type of game, looks good though but idk if I have the patience

Don't believe the difficulty hype. The only Souls game that was unfairly hard was Dark 1 at launch, and it was pretty quickly patched to be way easier -- Too easy, in my opinion. It swung too far in the other direction.

Bloodborne is slightly above post-patch Dark 1, but it's still not really difficult if you pay attention and don't dump skill points into useless garbage like Arcane or Bloodtinge.

#24 Kidorangepanda   Arcade PCB Addict CAGiversary!   333 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Kidorangepanda

Posted Today, 12:32 AM

I'm done with the main game and going through my second play through that I started minutes after I beat it. I just cleared Pappa G and the optional first area boss. The life on the bosses are pretty thick.
Sell me your Candy Cabs!

#25 Larry Davis   All Night Operator CAG in Training   576 Posts   Joined 0.4 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted Today, 12:38 AM

I'm done with the main game and going through my second play through that I started minutes after I beat it. I just cleared Pappa G and the optional first area boss. The life on the bosses are pretty thick.

I played through it three times (to get all the endings for Plat) and found that it didn't scale well at all. Every playthrough was easier than the last by a substantial margin. On the third one I think I only died once, to some giant AOE attack Micolash had that one-shotted me. Never even saw him use it before.

He does have it all the time, it turns out, which was a bummer. DS2 added new stuff on NG+ and Bloodborne doesn't.

Chalice dungeons are a big wet fart too.

#26 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   2625 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Superman
N64

The Dead Texan

Posted Today, 12:44 AM

Don't believe the difficulty hype. The only Souls game that was unfairly hard was Dark 1 at launch, and it was pretty quickly patched to be way easier -- Too easy, in my opinion. It swung too far in the other direction.

No idea what you're talking about here. Pre-patch DaS1 was stupidly easy with unmatched pyromancy strength, iron flesh, magic buffs in weapons and equipment, and backflipping Havel's. That's not even mentioning the Dragon Head glitch. 

Bloodborne has a few diffculty spikes here and there, but it's pretty balanced most of the way through. Only parts that feel cheap are probably The Unseen Village and the Forbidden Woods when you get lost. Oh, and if you plan to get the plat you'll need to beat the Defiled Pthumerian Chalice which will test your patience unlike anything else in the game. 

#27 KillScottKill  

KillScottKill

Posted Today, 01:16 AM

This is something that Miyazaki elitists like to tell themselves, and yet the Souls franchise is extremely main stream and is a huge fiscal success. Bloodborne is no different.

Get the game. It's great. Video games are for everyone. This game's not that hard. It's just harder than all the hold your hand, no punishment if you fail stuff that floods the AAA market these days. If you've played games made before 1997, then it's not that unforgiving.