9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors $19.99 via Amazon/Play Asia

SharkSocks

CAGiversary!
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors $19.99

Persona 4 ($20)

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair ($28)

999 is probably my favorite DS game ever. It's hard to find, so finding it on sale is a nice rarity. If you don't have it, fix that.

Not sure if $20 for Persona 4 is a good deal or not, but I've put over 70 hours into it and loved it, so I'd say it's worth it.

Danganronpa isn't an amazing sale, but considering that finding a physical copy of it's pretty difficult, I'd say any discount's alright.

Edit: Seems like 999 is the only real deal here. Leaving the links for P4 and DR2 just in case anyone wants them.

Another Edit:

Virtue's Last Reward is also on sale for $24. It's not too easy to find, but it's definitely a great game if you liked the first one.

3DS

Vita

Last edited by a moderator:
Persona 4 has been under 20 bucks on Amazon for a very long time now.
Same at gamestop for a new copy.

Finding a new copy for Danganropna 2 is pretty easy at gamestop and amazon still.

Finding a new English copy of 999 for that price is pretty good but you can find used copies pretty easy for $10-$14.

I will be picking up a new copy of 999 for my collection, pretty good game and I would recommend it.

My bad. For some reason I was under the impression it was some super rare chase game.
A lot of the other SMT games (like Nocturne, DDS1/2, Devil Summoner 1) were hard to find for a while but got new printings not that long ago. I don't think P4 has ever been that difficult to find, though.

You might want to mention that this is the DS versioning the title, as its available for Vita also. There's someome that still owns a Vita, right?

You might want to mention that this is the DS versioning the title, as its available for Vita also. There's someome that still owns a Vita, right?
When was there a domestic retail Vita version of this? The DS version was the only one I remember being sold in stores.

I enjoyed 999 up until the true ending where the villain literally turned into a
cackling maniac who just wanted to watch a little girl burn to death
and the crap about Ice-9 and the mummy
was just wasting my time and they never intended to pay that off
and the mesomagneticthermo fields
rules for them going right out the window.

It was excellent before then.

Ghost Trick is better in every conceivable way though and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

OP, your avatar makes me feel uncomfortable...
It's all good. I'm furry garbage and they've got a bad rep, so I totally understand. It changes with my Twitter avatar, and my girl wanted us to have linking icons so that's why it's all blushy.

EDIT: Changed it to something you might find less offensive. Hope that helps.

999 was a DS exclusive. Virtue's Last Reward, the sequel, was on 3DS and Vita.

I enjoyed 999 up until the true ending where the villain literally turned into a
cackling maniac who just wanted to watch a little girl burn to death
and the crap about Ice-9 and the mummy
was just wasting my time and they never intended to pay that off
and the mesomagneticthermo fields
rules for them going right out the window.

It was excellent before then.

Ghost Trick is better in every conceivable way though and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.
Then maybe you should play Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and see what you've been missing. I love 999 and VLR, but couldn't bring myself to finish Ghost Trick.

My mistake. I don't know if I thought 9,9,9 was on Vita or I thought I saw Virtue' Last Reward was in the title.

Nothing to see here. Carry on.

Then maybe you should play Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward and see what you've been missing. I love 999 and VLR, but couldn't bring myself to finish Ghost Trick.
"I didn't like Game, especially due to story reasons dealing with the ending."

"Then you should play Game 2."

I DONT LIKE YOU EITHER.

I enjoyed the original game, but many things didn't pay off in the story. Also, the sequel was not as good because it was not really a sequel, not as suspenseful, and I didn't like the way you could select branches so easily... that seemed to take away from the satisfaction of getting to a different result from your decisions.

I enjoyed the original game, but many things didn't pay off in the story. Also, the sequel was not as good because it was not really a sequel, not as suspenseful, and I didn't like the way you could select branches so easily... that seemed to take away from the satisfaction of getting to a different result from your decisions.
It was absolutely a sequel, both because characters from the first game show up and it continues many of the first game's themes while adding new wrinkles.

I also thought the branch-switching thing in VLR was fantastic because 999 really only had like 4 or 5 story paths, one being extended if you did the right things earlier. As a result, most of the decisions you could make didn't really matter, and it led to a bunch of redundancy when I would fast forward back to a point, pick a different option, and still have the same result.

When I recommend people play 999 I always tell them to use a path flowchart to avoid that, as it doesn't give you any puzzle solutions or spoil any of the story. Just makes it a less frustrating experience.

There were many teased elements of 999 that were not followed up on in the "sequel". And the branching thing was fine to play through to all possible outcomes, but it took away the skill / thrill of discovery as to what would trigger the different outcomes. It was not a bad game at all, I just prefered the original... and hope the 3rd one gets made eventually.

bread's done
Back