Component to HDMI for PS2/Wii?

chuckm79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hi,

My old TVs with component inputs are breaking and I'd like a solution to play my PS2 (and Wii) via HDMI.  I'm in the US, only understand English, and I don't know anything about SCART, D-Terminal, or "D5".  Any good recommendations?

Framemeister question:

I've been reading Shipwrecks slides (https://t.co/0iiEKsXgXM) but I don't understand how he's getting component video into the "Micomsoft XRGB-mini Framemeister".   It seems like the Framemeister has composite and S-video inputs, which is great, but I'm still confused about the other inputs.  Any idea how to get component to work with the Framemeister?

Some random google searches pointed to this, but I'm still confused: http://solarisjapan.com/collections/micomsoft/products/d-terminal-to-component-adapter-cable-female

Does this handle any US component signal, like from PS2 or Wii?

Any recomendations on where to purchase the Framemeister from?

Thank you!

Component on the Framemeister goes through the "D Terminal" input with appropriate cable (like the one you link to, although I'm not sure that's the actual one Shipwreck is using)

I keep meaning to give that a try myself :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought of going with a cheaper box like the Portta Component converter, but I wasn't sure how well they would work with consoles and the lag introduced.

Component on the Framemeister goes through the "D Terminal" input with appropriate cable (like the one you link to, although I'm not sure that's the actual one Shipwreck is using) I keep meaning to give that a try myself :)
Thanks for the feedback. My Framemeister arrived yesterday from Solaris Japan in a bubble wrap DHL mailier. The box was pretty smashed up. I'm not exactly happy about that given the money I paid. I did pay for the most expensive shipping with insurance. This weekend I will try the different inputs and see if it works. Hopefully I can get the menus into english and navigate the UI to switch inputs, etc. I found a youtube video that explains the firmware update process via microSD card, so I may try to follow that.

It looks like the bug has a USB port. What is that for? Is that another way to update the firmware?

bread's done
Back