Moved from XB 360 to XB 1 - Best Place to Trade on XB 360?

merlin803

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I moved to a XB1 a while ago and am ready to get rid of my XB 360 "E" edition (4GB but upgraded HD to 120GB), what kind of price should I expect to get for it and where would be the best place to trade it in at?

Thanks

My son and I were just talking about some of our old favorite 360 games the other day, and how there is no way we would get rid of the 360.
I feel like you may regret it if you let it go. What if you get the urge to play Skyrim, or Red Dead Redemption, or Gears of War?
Do you have a lot of progress on your older games, because you would lose that too.

Just my 2 cents, but I like to go back to old favorites from time to time. Hell, just recently I pulled the original Xbox out for a little Shellshock: Nam '67, and occasionally I still fire up the Sega Genesis for some NHL 95.
If I still had my Atari 2600, I'm sure I'd play that once in a while.

Unfortunately, to get the most value for your system with a trade-in you usually have to do it during a promotion, and usually it's for credit towards an Xbox One (which you already have) or a PS4.  Without promotions the systems don't seem to be that valuable for trading.  Worse yet, most of the promotions require it to be a 250 GB hard drive, which yours isn't, so those won't help.

Are you selling any games with it?  The best option you may have is to try and sell it on something like Craigslist.  With the school year ending about now high school and college kids may be looking for a cheap time waster to buy.  Look up the value of the games, then try and come up with a reasonable price, while factoring in the system as a bundle for a lot.  If your system is in great condition you could probably ask for $60-80, along with adding more to the price for the games you may include with it. 

Gamestop, Amazon and Best Buy do offer trade-ins, and you can go to those respective sites to look up values offered also.

I moved to a XB1 a while ago and am ready to get rid of my XB 360 "E" edition (4GB but upgraded HD to 120GB), what kind of price should I expect to get for it and where would be the best place to trade it in at?

Thanks
I actually recently sold a similar one. I'm guessing with your 120 GB HD in a newer system you did like I did and tore apart your first model HD case and put the HD in the new system (I did that with my "S" model). As mentioned not only does the 120GB in a newer system hurt the trade-in bonuses, but your HD seems to be completely worthless to all the major trade-in stores. It's not official, so there's no trade-in value for it.

Obviously, your best bet is definitely to sell it yourself. I managed to get $130 out of mine, but that was from my brother who was talking about buying one from gamestop for a few months and also that was with 40+ games thrown in, 4 controllers, a Nyko charger, a wireless headset, and some other accessories. I'll second craigslist if finding someone you know isn't an option, although I wouldn't expect $130 on there. I'd have probably been lucky to get $100 for all of that on there.

If you do decide to trade it in, you may want to check a mom & pop gaming store in your area as they might beat GS/BB/Amazon's price for the HD included, or buy it seperately. Or if you have any consignment stores in the area, you may want to check them out as a possible route, but with them you may have to wait for your money for a while.

bread's done
Back