- - - - -

inFAMOUS: Second Son - Limited Edition $9.99 @ Fry's

infamous second son limited edition frys

#1 luv1138   Twitcher CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

Available In-store Only.

LINK: http://www.frys.com/...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

DESCRIPTION: Providing more for the same price as the Standard Edition of inFAMOUS Second Son, the Limited Edition packs additional in-game missions that reveal more about the events leading up to Delsin’s story. Completing these added missions will unlock an exclusive in-game jacket designed in honor of Cole MacGrath!

Limited Edition Contents:

• Contains full retail copy of inFAMOUS Second Son.
  • Unlock Cole’s Jacket for Delsin to wear in the Bonus Exclusive Downloadable Content, Cole’s Legacy.
  • Uncover what happened between the devastating events of inFAMOUS 2 and inFAMOUS Second Son in Cole’s Legacy.
  • Cole MacGrath’s actions in New Marias set in motion a chain of events leading to the now forceful occupation of Seattle by the oppressive Department of Unified Protection.
  • Cole’s Legacy bridges the gap in time with a series of missions Delsin Rowe must complete that reveal unique insights into how the world of inFAMOUS Second Son came to be.

FS4aDQl.png

#2 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11426 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

Unavailable near me of course

#3 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

Does Best Buy match Fry's in-store deals? Also, this isn't the one that comes with the beanie hat right, thats the collector's, this just has the digital content with Cole right?

#4 luv1138   Twitcher CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

Does Best Buy match Fry's in-store deals? Also, this isn't the one that comes with the beanie hat right, thats the collector's, this just has the digital content with Cole right?

BestBuy DOES price match any retailer.

From BestBuy's website: "We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store."

#5 mastaspy007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   319 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

mastaspy007

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

Great price for a great game. But no one should feel too bad about not getting the Limited Edition. The Cole's Legacy DLC is absolute garbage and honestly not worth chasing this version down.

#6 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

I remember when I got this at target really cheap that time, still haven't played it past the first 10 mins lol

#7 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6451 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:37 PM

From BestBuy's website: "We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store."

Incorrect.  Please read the last part of the sentence you just quoted.  

#8 Danger0187   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   41 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Danger0187

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:37 PM

No Fry's near me at all. I have a feeling this will be a PS Plus title in the not too distant future.

#9 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

Don't EVER expect Best Buy to price match anything. I've tried to price match there before about 5 times for various retailers such as Fred Meyer, Amazon, Toys R Us and I get turned down every single time regardless of where I'm trying to PM it from. I don't understand why they even offer PM'ing if they never allow it (at either of my 2 BBs at least)

#10 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

They don't match every online-only retailer:

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat297300050000

Specifically:

At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com.

They should match Frys in any areas they have a B&M presence as long as they have it locally, though for anyone without a Frys nearby trying to do an online match, they'll deny it because it's not in stock for shipping.

#11 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:51 PM

Possibly my favorite game on the PS4. I shelled out $80 for the special edition when it was new and don't regret a thing.

#12 KillScottKill  

KillScottKill

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:17 PM

Out of stock at my local Fry's. Good look finding a Limited Edition to PM @ Best Buy, unless of course you can pull a fast one for the standard edition.

#13 syndragore  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:13 PM

Don't EVER expect Best Buy to price match anything. I've tried to price match there before about 5 times for various retailers such as Fred Meyer, Amazon, Toys R Us and I get turned down every single time regardless of where I'm trying to PM it from. I don't understand why they even offer PM'ing if they never allow it (at either of my 2 BBs at least)

Dunno why your BB is so anal, I've literally never been denied a price match at the two I frequent.

#14 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2670 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

CAGkrazy

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

With this sale going on live... Im assuming its a matter of time before infamous will be a psn plus free game.

#15 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12827 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:12 PM

Oxnard, CA is the only one showing it in stock so congrats to you if you're near there.

#16 luv1138   Twitcher CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:22 PM

I'm gonna try and PM at BB/Target/Wal-Mart, see which one of them bites :)

#17 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1537 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:29 PM

I haven't seen a limited edition anywhere in a really long time

#18 aFrostyONE   Crocketty Year 1 player... where's my Phil Collins overdub&a CAGiversary!   3125 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:42 AM

Oxnard, CA is the only one showing it in stock so congrats to you if you're near there.

Yup, noticed the same thing.

I used to love going into Frys... now it's almost as depressing as walking into a Kmart, except they still sell video games.

#19 RedFoxCommando   I Am Spartacus! CAGiversary!   798 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

RedFoxCommando

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

Great price for a really fun game. Enjoyed using all the different powers although smoke was my favorite. I found a collectors edition of this game randomly at Best Buy a few months ago just sitting on the shelf. It was just under $70 out the door after GCU, that sucker goes for nearly $300 on Amazon at the moment. The DLC is lame but for $10 this game is definitely worth it.

#20 3peen   Banned Banned   278 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:14 AM

If you have a Discover card could you just buy it from somewhere random and then use Fry's ad for price protection claim?

#21 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:16 AM

Would price match at my local BB but they would definitely notice its not in stock and they probably don't have any limited editions (they check these things). Already beat the game and 100% it but rather own it for this cheap.

#22 The Lord of Awesome   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

The Lord of Awesome

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:44 AM

I just want the beanie

#23 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

Great price for a really fun game. Enjoyed using all the different powers although smoke was my favorite. I found a collectors edition of this game randomly at Best Buy a few months ago just sitting on the shelf. It was just under $70 out the door after GCU, that sucker goes for nearly $300 on Amazon at the moment. The DLC is lame but for $10 this game is definitely worth it.

What's the SKU?

#24 mexicanfan   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   579 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

mexicanfan

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

No Fry's near me at all. I have a feeling this will be a PS Plus title in the not too distant future.

Only indie titles are on PS plus. Don't hold your breath for it.

#25 TheGeonaut  

TheGeonaut

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:37 PM

Enjoy your power

#26 typikal82   CAGtastic CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

typikal82

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:43 PM

I just want the beanie

dont forget the stickers, patch, and buttons! so awesome

#27 SharkSocks  

SharkSocks

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

Only indie titles are on PS plus. Don't hold your breath for it.

The standalone DLC "First Light" was on PS plus, so it's possible. Then again, it was only a $15 game vs. a full priced one.

#28 Snake Eater   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Snake Eater

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

I remember when I got this at target really cheap that time, still haven't played it past the first 10 mins lol

You're sooooooo cool

#29 luv1138   Twitcher CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

I tried price matching at BestBuy, Target, and Wal-Mart, and they did not do it :( They don't price match to non-local retail stores, even their online prices.

#30 pittsnoggle   Lord CAGiversary!   4355 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:36 AM

Game is amazing, was worth the 80 I paid for, 10 is a steal, a fun platinum as well