unbelievable: SUIKODEN 2 for $200.00 +

nice, you got the guide with that auction, I'm not suprised at the price it's at, I've seen people pay $100 just for the guide.

Yes, the guide was a separate auction, I put both in the pic to entice the buyers to get both. The guide went for 46, but I don't know if this buyer is going to come through (zero feedback).

good luck getting this person to actually pay for it. His feedback is 0, in my experience people with 0 normally don't pay. I have had to relist 1 of my virtual boys 3 times due to NPB's.

ah, that'll teach me to just look at the picture. Well then, that is an unusually high price for just the game.

[quote name='Wlogan31']Is the game THAT good? I've never been granted the opportunity to play it (or any in this series).[/quote]

It's good, but I personally couldn't think of ANY game that is worth $200. And collecting games just seems stupid.

that's not true about people with zero feedback not paying. i've had many zero feedback with much better response time and payment time than many seasoned users. it really just depends on the person.

[quote name='Staraang21']that's not true about people with zero feedback not paying. i've had many zero feedback with much better response time and payment time than many seasoned users. it really just depends on the person.[/quote]

True. Alot of my buyers have low to no feedback and pay, but the vast majority of my NPBs are the low to no feedback buyers.
Anytime I had a high priced item sell to a no feedback person they paid maybe 15%(and that's stretching it) of the time.

As far as the auction goes you made a few mistakes.

1. You should have taken pics of the game and guide seperately. A VAST majority of bidders only see the pretty pictures and don't read the description.

2. With a game that you know will bring a good amount of money ALWAYS select the immediate payment option. This weeds out the deadbeats and gets you the money asap.

Wow, did you just have a new copy laying around from way back when or did you score one recently?

I'll add to the 'that's insane' consensus. And why the hell does the guide sell for so much?

I thought I was at the edge of sanity when I bought it for $80.

I remember when I had like 4 Suikoden 2 strategy guides I bought dirt cheap a few months after the game came out. If I known they would go for like $80 I would have never sold them at Gamestop for $3.

I still have one left, only in good condition, probably could still fetch a high price.

[quote name='tyecko']whats so great about this game?[/quote]

Nothing to make it worth $200 :) But it is a pretty decent RPG, I just played it again about a year ago, very immersive, pretty good story.

As far as the auction goes you made a few mistakes.

1. You should have taken pics of the game and guide seperately. A VAST majority of bidders only see the pretty pictures and don't read the description.[/quote]

I don't think I made a mistake here. First of all, you see the listing title before you ever get a good glimpse of the image associated to it. And, as a general rule to anyone purchasing anything, you should always read the description, without fail. Of course, if it turns out that a new buyer happens to win the auction, I potentially get screwed, but I tend to have a lot of faith in people.

My faith, however, is tapering of in this instance. I just sent the third request for fulfillment. Some people just aren't as astute and proactive as others - he still has about 2 days and another funds request before I stick the negative feedback on him.

[quote name='Wlogan31']Is the game THAT good? I've never been granted the opportunity to play it (or any in this series).[/quote]

I played the first one a few times, and I love it to death. I'd like to play it through again if I had time, but RPGs are so time consuming that I'd probably play Vandal Heart before I play Suikoden. I played through Suikoden 2 for about 3 hours or so, but it just didn't have the same appeal to me as the first. Admittedly, I didn't get that far into it, so I could be missing out on quite a game.

I'm not sure if you can still find it at this price, but the first one should be about $20 (or am I mistaken?). The last time I checked on that price was a few years ago though.

Good luck, happy hunting.

[quote name='bileanddecay']

I don't think I made a mistake here. First of all, you see the listing title before you ever get a good glimpse of the image associated to it. And, as a general rule to anyone purchasing anything, you should always read the description, without fail. Of course, if it turns out that a new buyer happens to win the auction, I potentially get screwed, but I tend to have a lot of faith in people.

My faith, however, is tapering of in this instance. I just sent the third request for fulfillment. Some people just aren't as astute and proactive as others - he still has about 2 days and another funds request before I stick the negative feedback on him.[/quote]

Yes but those general rules don't apply when dealing with ebay a majority of the time.
Buyers look at pictures and either make assumptions or make an impulse bid without reading the auction. Believe me I have sold over 1500 items on ebay I have seen just about every kind of buyer, nut, pshyco, etc.. thier is. Hell the ebay stalker I had from 2 years ago has returned.

I have sold broken items that clearly stated in the title and auction that it was broken and for parts only. Yet I still had morons win it then complain it did'nt work.
Then I had buyers win auctions and then try to use paypal when I clearly stated in big bold letters that I don't accept paypal, only to get neutral and negative feedback because they were just to stupid to read. (although I now accept paypal)

So what you think might be common sense is'nt so common when dealing with ebay buyers.

I think a group of us GAG, only the ones with good feedback, should all pitch together and buy suikoden 2. Then we could each have it for like 2 weeks, and ship it to the next person when our time is up. And when we have all played it enough, we can put it up for auction and split whatever we get. :D

Ok a price tag like that would almost drive me to the dark side and pirate the darn thing. Thankfully the force is strong with me

That's just insane. I found it at EB for $20 and I have the guide too and I like the game but frankly I'd never pay that much for it.

Anyway when it gets up to $400 I'll sell mine in a second.

Suikoden II improved on Suikoden in almost every way possible sans translation.

If I knew how good this game was beforehand and coudl only get it for $200, I would.

[quote name='mdm']It looks like it has been opened to me. I don't see the sticker on the top[/quote]

If you're calling me out, feel free to contact the winning bidder and ask him about the integrity of my item.

In my opinion, Its like the 3rd best game ever. I'd GLADLY pay $100-150 for it. Luckily I got it a WHILE back relatively cheap but its getting in 'gamers' (used) condition so I may plunk down some money for a newer disc.

bread's done
Back