* * * * * 11 votes

PSN Flash Sale Ends 5/18 @ 9 AM PT/12 PM ET: $5 Don't Starve, $5 Trials Fusion, $5 Mass Effect Trilogy, $4.80 Freedom Wars, & More!

#271 Investor9872   CAG Supremo! CAGiversary!   2012 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Investor9872

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:25 PM

So I bought Wolf Among Us...but after I bought it and it gave me the purchase confirmation page on the PS store, under the game title it states PS4/Rent/4.8GB...

It isn't just a rental is it??

I could swear when I clicked "BUY" it stated "Full Game" underneath the title.

No.  It's not a rental.  It's a full purchase, and will be available to you forever, regardless of whether you have a Plus subscription or not.

#272 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:34 PM

wow  40 mins to download SOUL using a  25 download speed 

#273 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:11 AM

Screw it I'm getting ME trilogy, only $5 for piece of mind, I want play it til e3,I think a remaster will be announced then if it does good I'm glad I'll take the $5 hit,if not I'll start playing it,perhaps I'm over thinking this lol, but I can't let this deal go

#274 blacklabel036   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

blacklabel036

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:41 AM

I ended up only getting The Jackbox Party Pack and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time HD. POP aged surprisingly well. The graphics and battle system work great to this day. The platforming and puzzles are extremely fun. Also, I'm a sucker for 3D enabled games. :p

I'm debating wether to get Ni No Kuni but I have already beat the story once and my hard drive is almost full. I might end up picking up Warrior Within and The Two Thrones of Prince of Persia. I've been itching to replay those games since platform games have been lacking this gen.

#275 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8499 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:43 AM

Already made my first purchase of ME trilogy, LBP Vita, Trials Fusion, and Nidhogg.

Deciding on round 2 now. Decided against Kickbeat, seems like a probable Plus title. Will almost definitely get NBA Jam On Fire/NFL Blitz, and probably Freedom Wars. I was going to get Walking Dead S1 Vita, because I have it all for 360 except 400 Days, and I think I'm more likely to play on a handheld, but I just realized I could get the PS4 version and remote play it - Any reason not to do it this way?

#276 bobaroo  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:46 AM

In for soul sacrifice, thinking about getting wolf among us.  Have freedom wars and I think all the other games would just go into my backlog and not get played

#277 blacklabel036   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   193 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

blacklabel036

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:48 AM

Already made my first purchase of ME trilogy, LBP Vita, Trials Fusion, and Nidhogg.

Deciding on round 2 now. Decided against Kickbeat, seems like a probable Plus title. Will almost definitely get NBA Jam On Fire/NFL Blitz, and probably Freedom Wars. I was going to get Walking Dead S1 Vita, because I have it all for 360 except 400 Days, and I think I'm more likely to play on a handheld, but I just realized I could get the PS4 version and remote play it - Any reason not to do it this way?

I say go for the PS4 version. I haven't played WDS1 on PS vita but for PS3 the game had major hiccups so I'm sure it will be the same on Vita. Also, the 400 Days is nothing special and adds nothing to the main story, in my opinion.

#278 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   889 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:03 AM

I bought Ni No Kuni. JRPGs seem like a hell of a genre to fill your backlog with.

#279 bronxbomber123  

bronxbomber123

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:07 AM

Wolf Among us+Walking Dead for under 10 bucks?

I own most of the Vita games available and I have a huge backlog on that

My PS3 is boxed up and the only standout for me is the ME Trilogy but I have the physical copies for 360 

#280 waldo21212   Shazam! CAGiversary!   989 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

waldo21212

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:48 AM

Just a heads up on PoP: Warrior Within, there is a game breaking glitch from PS2 that was not fixed in the HD version.  IIRC if you complete the mechanical tower before the garden tower, there is a chance the switches in the garden tower won't appear, thus stopping progress.

This happened to me and I never did end up going back since I was so pissed it was a known glitch that was never fixed (typical Ubisoft, I know).

Still debating on Ni No Kuni, I'm not really a JRPG fan but the game just looks so good.

#281 Seasick Pirate   Rachael's Superstar CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Seasick Pirate

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:08 AM

Are LittleBigPlanet 2 and/or Karting worth getting if I'm planning on picking up LBP3 when I get a PS4 next month?

Also, I have Peggle 2 in my cart. Anything else for PS4 I should picking up now?

#282 Shinra_Soldier7  

Shinra_Soldier7

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:20 AM

Are LittleBigPlanet 2 and/or Karting worth getting if I'm planning on picking up LBP3 when I get a PS4 next month?
Also, I have Peggle 2 in my cart. Anything else for PS4 I should picking up now?

If you do not own the wolf among us or the walking dead, they are more than worth their sale price

#283 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:40 AM

I'm surprised people aren't talking about Peggle 2. That seems like the second best of the PS4 deals after Wolf Among Us. I already had Wolf, so I think the only thing I might get from this sale is Peggle.

I'm really tempted by Super Mega Baseball too. I don't like baseball, but I do like arcadey sports games.

#284 osso1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   175 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:56 AM

Thanks Op

Picked up Moto GP 2013  for Vita from Amazon last week for $24.99

today I got Moto GP 2014 for $3.90

Woo Hoo...

#285 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:56 AM

I have most of the highlights in this sale already (bought ME trilogy for $13 last sale and only played through ME1 since :wall:) but am really thinking about Wolf Among Us PS4.  Would pick up the Jackbox Pack on PS4 at that price too...

#286 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:02 AM

I'm surprised people aren't talking about Peggle 2. That seems like the second best of the PS4 deals after Wolf Among Us. I already had Wolf, so I think the only thing I might get from this sale is Peggle.

I'm really tempted by Super Mega Baseball too. I don't like baseball, but I do like arcadey sports games.

Love Peggle as well, would get it not for already went through it on x1

Hell mite it anyway since im in the start of switching to ps4

#287 xenozfan2   Trippin' on apples! CAGiversary!   719 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:10 AM

I really hate how $5 is the minimum you can add. I want trials evolution but I only have $4.30 in my wallet. 

#288 Azuvidexus   @azuvidexus CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Azuvidexus

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:39 AM

Was also about to buy ME Trilogy, but checked and I already have ME2 and ME3 on disc... and never finished them, so I'm going to pass. Seems that I'm only sticking with Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta at the end.

#289 shytface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:03 AM

I've read that LBPK has issues with the multiplayer for anyone that bought/rented the game digitally within the past year or so. Apparently they removed the online pass from the PSN store so only people that already registered a pass well before then are able to connect still.

http://www.playstati...er-trouble.html

Someone on SD mentioned not being able to get online and I found this thread as well as a few others. Personally I'm holding off on purchasing until someone that bought it during the sale (that didn't already previously register an online pass years ago) confirms being able to connect.

Playing through the LBP2 campaign with at least one friend can be fun. I'm pretty sure any community level created in LBP2 can be imported and uploaded into LBP3 (although I think it's up to the original creator to actually do so), so if that's your only interest you can probably skip over LBP2. But if you don't have a backlog already and have any interest in the story campaign, I guess that's worth the $5.

#290 Brendan_Frye   All 5 Senses CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Brendan_Frye

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:25 AM

Picked up Nidhogg, Dont Starve, The Wolf Among us, Soul Sacrifice Delta and Trials Fusion. Think that might be it for me

#291 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8530 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:27 AM

i would be all about peggle 2 but i got peggle minus the dlc last sale. they slapped me in the face

lol

#292 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

Picked up SS Delta. Never got the original one so I figured now was as good a time as any to get the better version.

#293 shadowneko003   COWABUNGA! CAGiversary!   1159 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

shadowneko003

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:48 AM

I brought Jackbox. Would have gotten Don't Starve but I dont have either a PS4 or a Vita. It will always be cheaper later

#294 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:51 AM

Was also about to buy ME Trilogy, but checked and I already have ME2 and ME3 on disc... and never finished them, so I'm going to pass. Seems that I'm only sticking with Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta at the end.

I'm in the same boat with ME (although, in my case, I have ME2 and 3 untouched in my backlog), but I grabbed the trilogy for the first game since your save file (character/choices) continues through all 3.  Figured if I ever get around to it, I might as well have the full experience.

#295 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14337 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

Anyone else having issues adding funds to their wallet that's not a prepaid card or the set $5, etc. amounts? I have $3 and change left in my wallet and I'm trying to buy $9.60 worth of games (1 Vita, 1 PS4) so I have to use the PC/mobile version and no matter what I do everytime I try to add the $6 and change I'm missing via PayPal I get an error page loop. As of right now my only options would be to buy a $10 prepaid card or add $10 manually to my wallet but I just want to add the $6.xx I'm missing.

#296 Krate   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

Thanks, OP. I got Okami HD.

I actually have the Wii version, but I felt the Wiimote was very unresponsive when using it as a brush in-game. It's too bad that version came out before the days of WiiMotion Plus.

#297 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:26 AM

Anyone else having issues adding funds to their wallet that's not a prepaid card or the set $5, etc. amounts? I have $3 and change left in my wallet and I'm trying to buy $9.60 worth of games (1 Vita, 1 PS4) so I have to use the PC/mobile version and no matter what I do everytime I try to add the $6 and change I'm missing via PayPal I get an error page loop. As of right now my only options would be to buy a $10 prepaid card or add $10 manually to my wallet but I just want to add the $6.xx I'm missing.

I wonder if it's a paypal issue.  I bought $6 and change in games tonight and had no problem paying with my credit card.

#298 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:29 AM

Yeep, I just bought Freedom Wars from this sale a couple of days ago.  I really like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (68 hours in so far) but I know FW is probably a different experience.  Hopefully I have fun with it :\

I'm still debating whether or not to get the Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS3.  I have all three for PC (ME1 on Steam, the other two on Origin as digital deluxe versions - will the saves transfer?).  I only ever played the first but got turned off very quickly.  I'm willing to try again, but any reason to get this for PS3 over PC?

#299 NeoGutsman   CAG Backlogger CAGiversary!   1635 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

Thanks, OP. I got Okami HD.

I actually have the Wii version, but I felt the Wiimote was very unresponsive when using it as a brush in-game. It's too bad that version came out before the days of WiiMotion Plus.

Good call.  I bought the original PS2 version and kept thinking "man, this would be great on the Wii".  Then I got the Wii version and was disappointed in the controls, especially the remote responsiveness.  It's too bad we may never get a tweaked re-release on the Wii U with gamepad and/or WiiMotion Plus controls.  One can hope.

Still, the PS3 version plays wonderfully with the standard pad and at that price everyone should have it in their collection.  I bought it during a sale last year and didn't mind a third dip.

#300 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

I'm still debating whether or not to get the Mass Effect Trilogy for the PS3.  I have all three for PC (ME1 on Steam, the other two on Origin as digital deluxe versions - will the saves transfer?).  I only ever played the first but got turned off very quickly.  I'm willing to try again, but any reason to get this for PS3 over PC?

Because it's your sacred duty as a CAG to buy multiple versions of a game for your backlog that you couldn't really get into but might want to try again someday (so you'd better get it while it's on sale or you'll regret it down the road, etc, etc)! :D

Seriously, though, I don't think the PC versions of ME 1 and 2 have built in controller support, so some people have gone with the console versions just for that reason.