PSP game 2-packs - $0.97 NEW each at Gamestop (in store only)

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Edit: these are now showing up at $0.97 each and are still in stock at many local stores!

I just noticed that all of the in stock PSP game 2-packs dropped to $1.97 at Gamestop.  None are available for shipping however they seem to be available at a good number of local stores near me.  Just put in your zip code on the website.

Killzone: Liberation and Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow:

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/psp-2-pack-killzone-liberation-and-syphon-filter-logans-shadow/91456

Socom Fire Team Bravo and Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror:

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/psp-2-pack-socom-fire-team-bravo-and-syphon-filter-dark-mirror/91453

Daxter and Secret Agent Clank:

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/psp-2-pack-daxter-and-secret-agent-clank/91457

Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee and Hot Shots Tennis: Get A Grip:

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/playstation-portable-umd-dual-pack-with-hot-shots-golf-open-tee-and-hot-shots-tennis-get-a-grip/98672

Patapon and Loco Roco:

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/playstation-portable-umd-dual-pack-with-patapon-and-locoroco/98673

MotorStorm: Arctic Edge and Twisted Metal: Head On:

http://www.gamestop.com/psp/games/playstation-portable-umd-dual-pack-with-motorstrom-arctic-edge-and-twisted-metal-head-on/98674

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this would have been worth it just for the umd cases. Unfortunately, none are available in my area. Thanks anyway, op.

Placed a few holds at nearby Gamestops.  Now let's see if any can be fulfilled.  Thanks!

EDIT: And I just got all 3 Ready for Pickup emails!   :D/

Tried to do a few in store picks, all of them results in error expect one and for that one, I didn't get a "wait for confirmation email"... 

Tried to do a few in store picks, all of them results in error expect one and for that one, I didn't get a "wait for confirmation email"...
I think you can only do so many store hold requests in a given time, probably to prevent hoarders from snatching up everything without even leaving the house. I was able to get three holds in within a few seconds of each other and after that I got the error. As far as the request emails, I didn't even get those until the same time I got the ready for pickup emails.

For those of you who have PSPs still (and come on if you're reading this thread...) I'm sure a lot of you know this already but thought I'd put it out there:

This official PS Move Charging Station happens to include a 5v 1500mA AC adapter. It should sound familiar as that's the same specs as the PSP 3000 charger - it fits in the PSP too. 

I found some for $4.99 "used" but clearly they were just getting rid of old brand new stock as it had its original packaging. It's a great way to get cheap PSP chargers!

It looks like none of the double packs that I would want are close enough for my liking. I may pop in to a nearby GameStop just to be sure. Thanks anyways though, OP.

For those of you who have PSPs still (and come on if you're reading this thread...) I'm sure a lot of you know this already but thought I'd put it out there:

This official PS Move Charging Station happens to include a 5v 1500mA AC adapter. It should sound familiar as that's the same specs as the PSP 3000 charger - it fits in the PSP too.

I found some for $4.99 "used" but clearly they were just getting rid of old brand new stock as it had its original packaging. It's a great way to get cheap PSP chargers!
Nice find! The PSP 2k and 3k can charge via their mini USB ports, too, but only if they have enough battery charge to recognize it's plugged in, ironically. When the battery is truly dead you have to charge via the charge port. I've had a 2000 unit since 2008 and still occasionally play it. I use a 3rd party USB charge cable that has a dual charger plug and mini USB plug in the end.

Good find on the deals, OP!

Does GS inform you when they have found a item for in store pickup? Found a couple but no 'your item is ready for pickup' email or phone call.

Almost nothing within 100  miles, and the 1 that showed up is 92 miles. 

Oh well. I don't even have  PSP so I was just thinking of "flip" potential anyway, assuming these games have any. 

Did you guys get gutted copies or factory sealed?
Hot Shots 2 pack popped up near me. It was just the two games that were just GS stickered together, both copies were guts; one looked new but the other one looked a little rough and had the spine side cut pretty badly. I thought these came with an outer box too but that wasn't included.

Oh well, I just need the UMD cases. I've got two games that had broken UMD cases so I plan to swap them out... assuming that's possible.

Oh well, I just need the UMD cases. I've got two games that had broken UMD cases so I plan to swap them out... assuming that's possible.
It is! I actually bought a used copy of Rock Band psp for a buck to swap out the UMD disc case with a copy of MGS PO who's case was flimsy and cracked. It works, just be careful when opening the plastic.

Thanks OP!

I ended up getting Killzone: Liberation and Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow at a GameStop near my work yesterday.  Held for pickup, and got a sealed copy! :D

These have been lowered to $0.97 each and are still in stock at many local stores according to the website.

Ah, the PSP - how long it has limped on despite even its parent company essentially having declared it dead a few years ago.

Ah, the PSP - how long it has limped on despite even its parent company essentially having declared it dead a few years ago.
Mostly because the Vita's own software library is so anemic it's needed to fall back on the PSP library for support. I'd estimate that a third of the games on my Vita are actually PSP games (and another third PSOne games).

ArugulaZ said:
Mostly because the Vita's own software library is so anemic it's needed to fall back on the PSP library for support. I'd estimate that a third of the games on my Vita are actually PSP games (and another third PSOne games).
I'm all for competition but Sony has pretty much abandoned this market. If people thought otherwise last year, this year's E3 cemented Sony's complete disinterest in keeping the Vita alive.

Back on topic ... great deals, though!

bread's done
Back