* * * - - 3 votes

Target - Get 30% off select games w $1 pre order - MK X (PS4) 38.49, BF:Hardline (XB1) 27.99, (+$5 more off + 5% RedCard)

#61 Jawwaad1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

Jawwaad1

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

Thought I saw that Dying Light PS4 was $19.99 on Amazon, so I went to guest services to price match. The team member glanced at my phone, changed the price to $19.99, scanned the pre order card, and walked out the store only paying around $16 for the game. Noticed later it was the Digital season pass of Dying Light on Amazon for $19.99. Oh well.

#62 Bombarded  

Bombarded

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:53 AM

Clueless employees staring at the pos after pm'ing and scanning reservation cards, priceless. As long as I pm target, they don't give me any problems. Pm'ing amazon is more risky

#63 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9097 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:35 AM

Thought I saw that Dying Light PS4 was $19.99 on Amazon, so I went to guest services to price match. The team member glanced at my phone, changed the price to $19.99, scanned the pre order card, and walked out the store only paying around $16 for the game. Noticed later it was the Digital season pass of Dying Light on Amazon for $19.99. Oh well.

damn, great deal.  $20 is my buy point for this game.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#64 jeffcrazy  

jeffcrazy

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:03 PM

updated this whole deal, randomly came across a $5 off $15+ promo for new accounts on the  GYFT app that you can use to buy Target gift cards (possibly multiple times) and save some more.   If you signed up for this like a year+ ago, try using a different email and payment.  Worked for me this morning.

I'm very tired so the updated post seems like it makes sense, but it's very possible that it does not.  You guys are smart though, I'm sure you can figure it out with the provided info.

#65 Darby27   2 Legit 2 Quit! CAGiversary!   5544 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

I can confirm that the preorder cards from hard line Xbo still give the $5 GC.

Got hard line, cod blops iii card, two gatorades, and a $5 GC for $32.80 otd

Once as a kid I cried as my parents drove from ny to nj. That was a far cry.

#66 Darby27   2 Legit 2 Quit! CAGiversary!   5544 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

Also fun fact: When you get the $5 GC it takes $5 off the taxable total.

#67 Morilak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:24 PM

Is it one game per preorder card like it has in the past? or 1 preorder card and 30% off all games in the same transaction?

#68 Darby27   2 Legit 2 Quit! CAGiversary!   5544 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

Is it one game per preorder card like it has in the past? or 1 preorder card and 30% off all games in the same transaction?

The former.

#69 Morilak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:47 PM

The former.

Thank you kind sir :)

#70 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9097 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:55 PM

I can confirm that the preorder cards from hard line Xbo still give the $5 GC.

Got hard line, cod blops iii card, two gatorades, and a $5 GC for $32.80 otd

Did you price match?  I thought they changed it to no longer allow that in the system?

Garrus_Lannister.png

#71 Darby27   2 Legit 2 Quit! CAGiversary!   5544 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:58 PM

Did you price match? I thought they changed it to no longer allow that in the system?

Yeah, I pmed. Thrice at this point. Worked fine every time.

#72 jroc007   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:10 PM

going to try tonight,,,,

#73 mchittumjr  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:16 PM

YMMV Dying Light (Xbox One) was put of this deal at my local Target. Was marked 30% off with preorder card. 

810225.png

#74 LonelyBacteria   Has been playing Bloodborne
PS4

LonelyBacteria

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:41 PM

so basically no gyft deal for me

too tired to know if I should be mad

therefore I am now mad

thanks opie

#75 darkpal245   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   216 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:32 AM

Watchdogs for the PS4 is $11.81 on Amazon right now. With the deal you could pm it for $9.27 before Red card and taxes.

#76 dennisb407   Orlando,FL. Welcome to the Gunshine State CAGiversary!   1559 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

dennisb407

Posted Today, 04:29 AM

3 different Targets and none will do both  the price match of BF Hardline and 30% off. Either or.

#77 no658ea3   Come at me Bro CAGiversary!   2233 Posts   Joined 1.5 Years Ago   Has been playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
PS4

Posted Today, 05:23 AM

3 different Targets and none will do both  the price match of BF Hardline and 30% off. Either or.

I've been 2 for 2. Mainly because I confused one and today, I didn't give the CSR the chance to realize what happened.

jac522.png  joined

Check out my Website http://www.hubertjolyisgod.info/ (Updated the site on 4/9)

#78 Bombarded  

Bombarded

Posted Today, 05:32 AM

This girl scanned the pre order card and took 30% off the game. She looked at the card again and tried to remove the label which is only meant to be removed if I pick up that pre order copy on release day so I just told her I think you already scanned it lol

#79 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   2798 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:33 AM

Yeah I had success at 2 different Targets. First one, she scanned the preorder card and game first then checked the price/PM. It still went that way and she didnt say anything. 2nd one he did the PM first and then scanned the card and that still worked

#80 DrBayrd  

Posted Today, 07:21 AM

Seems to be YMMV at this point. Got denied at Target when I tried to PM battlefield hardline with target.com and get 30% with the preorder card.
Said PM or 30%, not both.

Instead of giving you something you thought you wanted, I gave you something that YOU needed.

My trade/sell list: http://www.cheapassg...games-for-sale/

#81 jeffcrazy  

jeffcrazy

Posted Today, 08:18 AM

Seems to be YMMV at this point. Got denied at Target when I tried to PM battlefield hardline with target.com and get 30% with the preorder card.
Said PM or 30%, not both.

It's always been YMMV... the official Target policy is to either pricematch or use a coupon / special / cartwheel offer, not both on one product.  Most Targets are a bit more lenient doing both with a target.com pricematch, but not all of them will do that.  It sometimes even varies from shift to shift within a store, so it doesn't hurt to go back the next day either earlier or later and try again.

#82 Kevlar338   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   668 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Kevlar338

Posted Today, 08:29 AM

They must of sent out an email to stores in the past day or so . The targets in my area cracked down on the pm and preorder double dip after the cod and AC black flag fiasco . This week I've had no issues getting multiple BF hardlines at a time .
Robocop vs Terminator for Sega genesis ... Probably my favorite game ever created .

#83 Darby27   2 Legit 2 Quit! CAGiversary!   5544 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 10:20 AM

Try pointing out that target.com has hard line for the $39.99 price and still has the 30% off if they deny you.