$15.00 Captain America: The First Avenger Amazon

Thank you! I'm not getting in on this deal (already have the 3D copy), but I had no idea that you could link iTunes with DMA. I was always annoyed that I couldn't access the digital copies of Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers through Vudu, and this workaround let me add all three. Thanks again.

Is it that big of a deal though? Best Buy has discounts if you buy GCU, and I don't see anyone complaining about that. Xbox Live and PSN both have special sales that are for subscribers only. This is a pretty common thing. Amazon isn't the only company pushing a subscription service with deals like this.

Is it that big of a deal though? Best Buy has discounts if you buy GCU, and I don't see anyone complaining about that. Xbox Live and PSN both have special sales that are for subscribers only. This is a pretty common thing. Amazon isn't the only company pushing a subscription service with deals like this.
It's something that those customers that don't have Prime will bitch about, of course. Though, I think it's an easier way to sell it when they're offering valued features for it, than a bit of a slight to customers without it to pay a higher price for an item.

It's a bad move on Amazon's part to only have price matches for Prime members as you could put off a bunch of customers who will go order elsewhere.  Conversely, the value in Prime is a lot better with free 2 day shipping, movies, music, ebooks, and photos than say, Best Buy Elite or Elite Plus because you only spend $100 a year versus having to spend $1500 or $3500 in a year before tax to qualify for those tiers.  As it is, they're price matching Target which means, go there and get it if you're not Prime and save another 5% with a Red Card, which is free.

http://www.target.com/p/captain-america-the-first-avenger-2-discs-blu-ray-dvd-widescreen/-/A-14714667#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=Captain+America%3A+The+First+Avenger+

Thank you! I'm not getting in on this deal (already have the 3D copy), but I had no idea that you could link iTunes with DMA. I was always annoyed that I couldn't access the digital copies of Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers through Vudu, and this workaround let me add all three. Thanks again.
Vudu did fix the DMA recently. I was able to get copies of Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen and Guardians of the Galaxy unlocked on Vudu.

Every time someone complains about one of the many Prime exclusives, I remember that there's people who use Amazon without Prime, and I can't even imagine that experience.

Does this come with a DMR code? How do you get the digital copy to show up on your DMA?

Sorry for all the questions. I bought this when it was still considered a Paramount title and I didn't use the digital copy because my disk drive wasn't working at the time.

Another silly question - is the digital copy for iTunes, HD or standard def. I always assumed SD vs the more recent 'digital copy HD' versions of other movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this come with a DMR code? How do you get the digital copy to show up on your DMA?

Sorry for all the questions. I bought this when it was still considered a Paramount title and I didn't use the digital copy because my disk drive wasn't working at the time.
I think disney re released phase one films so codes being in them is possible. Keep an eye out for the slightly thinner blu ray packaging, those are disney copies if I'm not mistaken

No DMR code in mine. Your iTunes account and Disney Movies Anywhere accounts need to be linked. I redeemed the digital copy in iTunes and it transferred. Low and behold the movie also shows up in DMA.

bread's done
Back