The Witcher 3

krashhole

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Being that the only other games I plan on getting are Batman: AK, and Halo 5, I figured I would go ahead and pick this up. I was trying to hold out because I mainly just play Destiny right now, but the game is just looking so damn good.

Who else is picking this up?

I am most certainly looking forward to this! My digital copy will be unlocked right when I get home from work tomorrow and I am using sick days for Tuesday and Wednesday! : P

Plus I will go pick up my CE Tuesday morning... yeah I am excited.

I did start a thread over on the Sony side, since this doesn't have any online components or console differences it would probably be easiest to get the most discussion out of CAG on the game if we keep it all in one spot perhaps.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/345434-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-out-may-19th/

Yeah I'm excited it's finally coming out but I'm knee deep in backlog right now lol. Shadow of Mordor, Fallout 3, & haven't even started Far Cry 4 (still in shrink wrap). Yeah but by the time I do pick this awesome game up I should be looking at a really good price lol.

Picking this up as soon as I get off work today. I am really excited, I just hope I have enough time to beat this before Batman comes out next month. 

I have to say I am really impressed with the amount of content Projekt Red included with the standard version. For starters, there is actually a game manual inside the case! I thought those were a thing of the past? 

You get the soundtrack disc that has 31 songs on it.

A foldable world map

A little booklet explaining some of the history of Gearlt, his friends, and loved ones. 

A code to download a digital version of The Witcher House of Glass comic book.

Couple wolf head stickers. 

A pamphlet from Projekt Red thanking you for the purchase and to reward you, they are giving you 16 free DLC's.

AND, if you buy the game at Target, you get a FREE Prima guide ($24.99 value)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow decided to check this game out on Metacritic and they have 38 PS4 reviews and 0 Xbox One. Hmmm, the Collector's edition has all of that swag, for $150 though lol.

EXTREMELY LIMITED QUANTITY
Collector's Edition includes The Witcher: Wild Hunt, official soundtrack, map of the in-game world, stickers, Witcher Universe — The Compendium and a hand-painted Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia fighting a Griffin
Also includes an exclusive, collector-grade Witcher medallion, one-of-a-kind SteelBook, 200-page The Witcher: Wild Hunt art book and outer and inner collector's boxes

XB1 version of the CE also includes two Gwent decks:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/the-witcher-iii-wild-hunt-collectors-edition/115386

The standard edition of the game
A giant, 33x24x26 cm (10" w US), 100% hand painted, Polystone figure of Geralt of Rivia battling a Griffin
An exclusive, collector grade Witcher medallion
A one of a kind SteelBook
A two-hundred page artbook, containing breathtaking art from the game
A huge Outer and Inner Collector's Boxes you can store your Witcher merchandise in!
An Exclusive CD with the Official Soundtrack
The Official, Developer-Created "The Witcher Universe: Compendium"
A Beautiful, Detailed Map of the In-Game World
A Set of Unique Witcher III Stickers
A cloth game map
Two Gwent card decks

Last edited by a moderator:
Preorder digital copy. I was rather unimpressed with the framerate issues. I am going to wait to see if they cap it at 30 (as the jitter is actually from jumping above 30 fps. The cutscenes are the worst part, as they're beautiful, but very jerky at times). I HATE stuttering, and I can pick up on the slightest bit. They want to compare to Skyrim, but Skyrim ran pretty smooth, even on 360. I didn't play prior to the patch 1.01 (I didn't know the game would be unlocked as early as it was. It was almost 10pm central when I decided to start it up just to see if I could, and it worked...but it installed the patch). If I can get past that part, it seems amazing.

bread's done
Back