2015 Facebook Finds Thread

I'm debating between these two deals.

Xbox 360 - $60 OBO

• 2 wireless controllers
  • Halo 4, CoD BO2, CoD MW3 and Sniper
  • All cords included
hCQOE3P.png

Wii U - $100 OBO

• No GamePad (they broke the old one and said they'll throw it in too)
  • Mario & Luigi Deluxe Bundle
  • Everything else is included
Q3uhaJZ.png

Might take the 360 for future Gamestop trade promotions. The WiiU, not so much seeing as I already have one and wouldn't sell it for much w/o the gamepad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see how you'd ever get good deals from a facebook group. That's like getting a good deal from someone on a video game forum.

And if its a facebook yard sale then post it in yard sales.

Which model 360?
Slim. Waiting for them to reply so I can pick it up.
EDIT: SOB! They sold it. So much people replied "Next" for it so I guess they figured out the value and took it off. That or someone did actually buy it before I did, though I replied first and messaged immediately about it.

Can't see how you'd ever get good deals from a facebook group. That's like getting a good deal from someone on a video game forum.

And if its a facebook yard sale then post it in yard sales.
Not every facebook sales page is for yard sales... And these are fb groups in my area with 10k people in it. There are always deals with that amount of people looking to sell their stuff.

And I get great fb deals most of the time. People posting Gamecube's with Mario games for $20, controllers for $10 - $15, loose skylanders for $5. Deals are everywhere if you take the time to look.

I think the last deal I got was a Gamecube for $15 w/ 2 controllers and all the cords. I get there and there was a gameboy player w/ the start up disk too. Sold the gameboy player + disk for $60. Kept the Gamecube.

Slim. Waiting for them to reply so I can pick it up.
EDIT: SOB! They sold it. So much people replied "Next" for it so I guess they figured out the value and took it off. That or someone did actually buy it before I did, though I replied first and messaged immediately about it.
I guess they didn't post the HDD size. 250GB HDD would be an easy buy for me (since I'm looking for a cheap one for a friend). As for the Wii U I would try to talk them down to $60 or $70 since they do have the gamepad and they claim it doesn't work. It might just start working (gamepads have been known to do that), or it might be a relatively cheap fix.

EDIT: Oh, and as an aside I used to be an admin of the local facebook sale group and if someone had proof that they were skipped I would instantly ban the seller even if it was their first offense. I had my second kid so I passed the reigns on to someone else and now the skipping of people is running rampant. We had a rule that you couldn't offer more than the asking price and it happens all the time now.

Plus, aside aside, it really annoys me when people say it goes for X amount on ebay. fucking sell it on ebay, then. fuck

20150518_102809.jpg

Finally, a Facebook deal thread, been getting deals on facebook groups for months now. Anyways, So I picked up some stuff from this lady yesterday, hits me up last night, and says she found more stuff, do I want it. We agree on price, and I pick it up today. Supposedly has more stuff, just has to find it...nice

20150518_102809.jpg

Finally, a Facebook deal thread, been getting deals on facebook groups for months now. Anyways, So I picked up some stuff from this lady yesterday, hits me up last night, and says she found more stuff, do I want it. We agree on price, and I pick it up today. Supposedly has more stuff, just has to find it...nice
What's the price. How else can we know if you got a good deal.

I should really start checking out the many Facebook groups that sell games and devices. There are a few in my area too, but I never bother to check them out. 

Got all this shipped to me for $25 and some of my old comic books that i couldn't sell.

Paid $15 to ship my books and I owe the trader $10 reimbursement for shipping my games out as that was agreed upon in the deal I pay half his shipping on his end and full on my end.

The trader got all the books in this youtube video. I got all the games in the pics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iny0YFeYmok

needless to say its my best score ever. And going from 3 loose sega games altered beast, krusty super fun house, and sonic to this collection.

I basically acquired all the hard to get games in one shot. 

[attachment=14425:11289648_10204144898569372_931949586_n.jpg]

[attachment=14426:11289912_10204144898769377_1055792282_n.jpg]

[attachment=14427:11297871_10204148729505143_1537910465_n.jpg]

None are for sale or trade.

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :whee: :whee: :rofl: :rofl: :drool: :whistle2: :razz: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D/ :applause: :wave:

Update got all the games from above in the first trade.

Now we are doing a 2nd trade where i will be getting all this and maximum carnage is the limited edition version.

[attachment=14498:11301414_10204160107829594_1971773039_n.jpg]

[attachment=14499:11301497_10204160104989523_925928057_n.jpg]

I can't believe the collection I just got and what it cost me. I got everything for some of my comics books. None of worth mentioning. A few walking deads books was my sacrifice.

since getting into hardcore collecting after joining the site 5 years ago I dreamed of this and never thought it would happen.

Can't believe I own almost a complete in box sega genesis collection. I mean I know there is a lot more but the rest is 95% shovelware now. I got most of the keys. Every game is complete with every manual and every little pamphlet and map. like Phantasy star 2 map. Some are mint condition. The one box game is horrible condition. X-men 2 though cart is mint.

That's a good deal.

Initiating a third deal now with the same trader. Getting the remainder of non shovelware genesis games and hopefully some saturn gems. :D/

Kind of funny how many separate trades were doing.  Would have been cheaper to ship at one but these are big lots anyway.

First ever Facebook group find since I started looking about a week ago.

Black label Heavy Rain and Prince of Persia Trilogy HD for the PS3 super mint for 5 bucks a piece.

Missed a DSi XL with 5 decent DS games and a copy of Pokemon X for 40$ on friday though.

jasnDNz.jpg

Took a shot in the dark on this since it was listed in December 2014 and never updated again, and it paid off bigtime.

Picked up this mint GameBoy Micro, with the charger and Yoshi's Island for a measely 25$.

Udcr5RN.jpg

Started another trade. Got these for some more of my walking dead books.

[attachment=14784:11303493_10204285076433731_247824843_n.jpg]

20150607_114634.jpg

Didn't really want to spend money this weekend, but this was too good a deal to pass up. 25 bucks for the lot..

There's been some nasty drama and dumbasses on a couple of my local FB pages recently. Tonight some kid wanted to trade his cat he got off of the same page a couple days before for a glider ferret.... seriously?!

It is all drama, so much so that I don't bother much on FB anymore. I got some decent stuff from there, but it is so difficult to monitor the groups. There are over 30 in my immediate area (within 5 miles).

Another awesome find from the local group, got this really nice coniditon red God of War PSP 2001, came with 5 games (Star Wars Battlefront II and Elite Squadron, LittleBigPlanet, COD: Roads to Victory and Star Wars Lethal Alliance)  and 10 movies (all CIB) and a few extra cases, as well as a nice bag/case and the original charger, paid 40$ which is a steal IMO. Sucks that it won't work with my docking station that's for a 1001 model though.

TqBQjBL.jpg

I would go for a sale on a Facebook over a craigslist deal any day.
Not me. Facebook members are all aware of the games they have and the value they are.

Craigslist is randomness can be a old person selling their kids or grand kids games who doesn't even know how to use the internet and someone is making the listing for them.

That's like saying a pawn shop is better for deals then a thrift store.

I think the pawn shop has a higher chance of researching what they have and valuing it appropriately while the thrift store is open to more randomness.

And I say that having gotten my best video game deal in seven years collecting from a facebook group. But I consider my case luck not something that is anything of a average standard.

20150622_164633.jpg

Luigi's Mansion 5 dollars, all other games besides Kirby are 3 dollars. Kirby was from another person, wanted 25 originally, 

talked her down to 20. All games complete

This lady is offering $20 for about 30 sports titles. At first I disregarded the post but decided to check the TIV's on Gamestop. Almost all of them trade in for $7+/each. Replied and offered more money for the lot (since I wasn't the first to reply) but she has yet to reply to anyone. Really hope I can get it. 

Got all this for $20. Traded it into Gamestop for $50.24. Got 2 $25 Kindle Amazon.com cards with it. Was hit with several refurb fees but worth it for $30 profit towards my new tablet. 

Didn't even notice, I got $.02c for Kinect Adventures. Lowest I've ever seen for a trade in.

11663951_10206194838682819_1001495207_o.jpg

About to head out for another sale. It's a Silver Slim PS2 complete for $20. Box is in perfect condition and even has the internet startup disc.

While I've had quite a few awesome finds on the local facebook pages, the latest trend is people backing out or selling from under you after making an agreement.  

This has happened at least 10 times in the past week, most recently this morning.  I'm first to say I want the item, we agree on a place and then someone posts "I PMed you" and the seller comes back to me with a "Sorry, I received a better offer. It's sold." even though I offered their original asking price.  

fuck ing aggrivating. /rant

While I've had quite a few awesome finds on the local facebook pages, the latest trend is people backing out or selling from under you after making an agreement.

This has happened at least 10 times in the past week, most recently this morning. I'm first to say I want the item, we agree on a place and then someone posts "I PMed you" and the seller comes back to me with a "Sorry, I received a better offer. It's sold." even though I offered their original asking price.

fuck ing aggrivating. /rant
similar rants:

This happens a lot. Then people make their own groups and they have no rules, so it becomes an auction site. I was following 40 groups within 5 miles, but it got to be too much to keep track of.

I was driving to a lady's house to pick up some records and she told me 2 people messaged her and tried to offer her more money while I was on my way to her house. I was paying her asking price, so she told them both to fuck off.

In my area people are not bothering with the interested step and they go straight to pms without commenting. That is also bs because you think you are the first person interested, then they tell you someone else is coming to buy it.

There is one guy I see at garage sales who says "Oh, no. I don't do video games. I know that is your thing." Then on FB I see him trying to sell a huge GC lot for $300.

Well, a bit of a happy ending.  The guy that tried swiping it from me today was a no-show, so I ended up with a CIB black gamecube (minus packing material) plus Harvest: A Moon Wonderful Life (Disc-only) for $10.  :D/

Not gaming related but someone on the local sell-it group had a lot of 30+ Lootcrate items for $60. I offered $50 and they accepted.

Reselling a lot of items but gifting/keeping some too. Overall a good value!

Holy shit do I have a find on the line right now.  Trading them a wii, two sets of remotes/nunchucks and a few games for a Jungle green N64, four controllers and a bunch of games which include:

Mario 64

Mario Kart

Mario Golf

Mario Tennis

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

Goldeneye

and.....

Conker's Bad Fur Day

(and some other random stuff too)

I am fuck ing excited and hope they don't flake on me...

Holy shit do I have a find on the line right now. Trading them a wii, two sets of remotes/nunchucks and a few games for a Jungle green N64, four controllers and a bunch of games which include:

Mario 64
Mario Kart
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Goldeneye
and.....

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Be careful, I think the value on Conker might dip soon with Rare Replay coming out. Probably won't be a huge drop, but I think it will go down into the $60 - $65 range.

Be careful, I think the value on Conker might dip soon with Rare Replay coming out. Probably won't be a huge drop, but I think it will go down into the $60 - $65 range.
I know. I'm picking it up on Sunday and listing it as soon as I get in the car. That's one hot potato that I'm not holding on to, especially with the Rare Collection coming out soon.

Can anyone help me figure out what the obscured games in this pic are? The ones I can't tell are the entire 3rd row other than SMG2 and the one right above Narnia in the middle row. There is the blank case in the first row, but I think the text on it is too small for anyone to read.

kgX7ptG.jpg

Holy shit do I have a find on the line right now. Trading them a wii, two sets of remotes/nunchucks and a few games for a Jungle green N64, four controllers and a bunch of games which include:

Mario 64

Mario Kart

Mario Golf

Mario Tennis

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

Goldeneye

and.....

Conker's Bad Fur Day

better do that trade asap before someone offers something better

Can anyone help me figure out what the obscured games in this pic are? The ones I can't tell are the entire 3rd row other than SMG2 and the one right above Narnia in the middle row. There is the blank case in the first row, but I think the text on it is too small for anyone to read.

kgX7ptG.jpg
The one above narnia is Power Rangers Samurai.

kgX7ptG.jpg
The one right behind Super Mario Galaxy 2 is Cars 2. The one second from the back is either Naruto Revolution 1 or 2 (their top left is identical).

better do that trade asap before someone offers something better
Funny thing is, it's not even something they had listed. They were selling some furniture and I happened to see the n64 in the background, so I PMed them about selling it. Everything was done via PM, so as far as anyone else knows, it's not even for sale.

bread's done
Back