* * * * - 3 votes

Sony Playstation TV $39.99 Free Shipping

sony playstation tv vita

#31 grrouchie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:23 AM

Worth it at this price if you want to stream your PS4 to another room. (Assuming you have a decent wireless router or both are wired)
Got mine at the first price cut and got it today. I'm impressed how well the streaming works. I have it set up wireless and I'd imaging it would be even better on all wired connections.
Surprised there still is no Netflix but it has Hulu so that's something.

With it having hulu i can totally justify this to the wife. We need something for the bedroom tv and she watches a lot of hulu plus. Once she falls asleep i can switch it to a video game and it's a win/win.
Plus i get a new toy

#32 TctclMvPhase   Dismal Scientist CAGiversary!   1980 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

TctclMvPhase

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

I think vita has netflix, not sure about amazon.  It does, it also has Crackle, Hulu, and Crunchyroll.  Really, it's a very nice streaming system that plays a bunch of really awesome games, for $40.

The Vita does have Netflix, but it does not have Amazon. Last I checked, Amazon said there weren't any plans to change this either. The absence of Amazon is actually the main reason I haven't bit on this.

#33 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8375 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

Just reiterating what I've said in other PSTV threads. I love it. Been digging into quite a few Vita, PSP and PS1 games with it and that's not To mention the main reason I got it -- the PS4 streaming. I was streaming the Witcher 3 last night and it was glorious (using a set of electric outlet Ethernet wirings in my case).

#34 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3359 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

The Vita does have Netflix, but it does not have Amazon. Last I checked, Amazon said there weren't any plans to change this either. The absence of Amazon is actually the main reason I haven't bit on this.

Does the Vita TV have Netflix or just the regular Vita?  I thought one of the biggest knocks on the Vita TV is that it can't even do Netflix.  Is there an actual list of apps available for the Vita TV?  The only thing I can find is articles that were done at launch.

#35 Agadama   CAG CAGiversary!   1701 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

Does the Vita TV have Netflix or just the regular Vita?  I thought one of the biggest knocks on the Vita TV is that it can't even do Netflix.  Is there an actual list of apps available for the Vita TV?  The only thing I can find is articles that were done at launch.

Here's a list of compatible apps and games. Netflix app is still not supportted on PSTV. Though I think you could still use the browser to watch Netflix.

http://vitareviews.n...-north-america/

#36 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3071 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

I could've sworn it was on the store when I accessed it on my tv.

#37 Miker525  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:43 PM

Damn looks like it sold out before I got to order one. Hopefully more pop back in stock :/

#38 ck76   Winter is Coming CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

I added it to my cart and when I went to check out it was removed and listed as unavailable. 

#39 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1864 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

I got mine in the bundle and played it for like two hours total in the past six months. Some of the games that are listed as compatible actually have points where they become unplayable. You can forget rubbing motions or things that require blowing into the microphone (which is why all the good games that utilize the Vita's functions are not compatible.) 

Are you talking about senran kagura?  :lol:

#40 pseudocode   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

pseudocode

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:52 PM

Back in stock online!

#41 Miker525  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:12 PM

Got one! I'm still not positive what my reason for buying this is. Just seems like a nice companion piece for someone who has a PS4 and PS Vita. I guess this is finally a way to play my PS Vita on TV.

#42 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4259 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

They did this price last week - I got mine a couple of days ago and love it. For $40, it's worth it just for a super-tiny PS1, PSP, and Vita player. Sure, it's not perfect for either - but it's damn good overall.

#43 were8kosh  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

I did the best buy online price match took 5 min. now the question is where the hell do i put it. lol

#44 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   660 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

Man I'm really struggling on whether I should pull the trigger. I would use this almost solely for PS4 remote play.

#45 Stalku   Saku CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:52 PM

How long's it running for? I'm awating my pay in a week or to a few days...

#46 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67943 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:10 PM

https://www.cheapass...-and-ps-mobile/

Vita Apps

Crackle
CrunchyRoll
Facebook
Foursquare
Hulu Plus
LiveTweet
MLB.TV Premium 
Music Unlimited 
Netflix
PlayStation Now
Qello HD Concerts
SnagFilms
Wake-up Club
Youtube 

Green for compatible items and red for those that are not compatible.

#47 potatohog   Wants Project Cars CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

If that Xbox One Blazblue wasn't coming out, I might buy one to play some Blazblue Chrono Phantasma, if it supports it.

#48 luan87us   I am cheap! CAGiversary!   1839 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:22 PM

Bought one for ps4 remote play. And yes there is. Cfw for pstv to run emulators.

#49 Kidorangepanda   Arcade PCB Addict CAGiversary!   391 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Kidorangepanda

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:00 AM

Thanks op, I missed it the first time but got in order a couple of minutes ago, thanks again "D

#50 rohitman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

rohitman

Posted 21 May 2015 - 03:40 AM

Went for it. Let's see how well Witcher 3 streams to the bedroom... thanks op!

#51 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2613 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:11 AM

Ah, I finally managed to get one. Tried for both the previous sales and missed out. Just happened to go on-line this evening, noticed the deal, and got in before it went down. Looking forward to taking it for a spin.

#52 xFatalFlaw   Dango Daikazoku! CAGiversary!   1450 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

xFatalFlaw

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:46 AM

Just keeps dropping, will probably keep on waiting then I'll try it out with some of the Vita-compatible games.

#53 sicsonic   100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution Silenced   663 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:28 AM

In for 1, thanks OP! I haven't picked up a Vita yet and looked at the compatibility list and didnt seem too bad to me. Also I've been wanting to build up my PS store digital PS1/PSP library so this is perfect for me for the time being.

I know both are compatible, but what should I pick up to use with it, a Dualshock 3 or 4?

#54 dimebagdrl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

Stupid Gamestop pulled the product page from their website. No more price-matching at best buy. V_V

#55 mblvshj   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Stupid Gamestop pulled the product page from their website. No more price-matching at best buy. V_V

look again guy, its listed on their front page for me

EDIT: its also listed under the ps4 drop down under"hot right now"

#56 dimebagdrl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:03 PM

look again guy, its listed on their front page for me

EDIT: its also listed under the ps4 drop down under"hot right now"

The best buy in my area requires the product page when they price check. They gotta be able to check the product details in order to enter them into the system, like model number and the competitor's product code.

EDIT: Nevermind. Page is back up now.

#57 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22496 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:37 PM

Bought one for ps4 remote play. And yes there is. Cfw for pstv to run emulators.

That's what a I wanted to hear.:D 

Sucks it can't even run Netflix... I was hoping to replace my WD Live with this thing but now I gotta keep both.:-/ 

#58 mblvshj   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

The best buy in my area requires the product page when they price check. They gotta be able to check the product details in order to enter them into the system, like model number and the competitor's product code.

EDIT: Nevermind. Page is back up now.

sorry should of been more clear,the whole page was up, i was refering to thoes as links to the product infomation page

#59 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

You can forget rubbing motions or things that require blowing into the microphone (which is why all the good games that utilize the Vita's functions are not compatible.)

If mine can't get rubbed or blown, it's not for me.

#60 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2162 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

In for 1, thanks OP! I haven't picked up a Vita yet and looked at the compatibility list and didnt seem too bad to me. Also I've been wanting to build up my PS store digital PS1/PSP library so this is perfect for me for the time being.

I know both are compatible, but what should I pick up to use with it, a Dualshock 3 or 4?

If you have a ps4, go with the dual shock 4.
Remote play of a ps4 on a PSTV with a DS3... You will be missing a few buttons, and can/will affect gameplay.