- - - - -

Any Advice - Listing Large Auction Seller Protection

ebay lot collection

#1 kell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:28 PM

I've sold individual games for years on Amazon and eBay, but am getting ready to put a portion of my collection for sale on eBay.  

I always list condition conservatively to avoid buyers being unhappy with condition and I would buy insurance if it sells.  However, my concern is shipping hundreds of games and then have the buyer file a bogus claim while I don't have the games and possibly not having access to the funds.  

Is there anything additionally I can do to protect myself as a seller from getting a bad buyer on a large lot?

#2 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1339 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 23 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

I've sold individual games for years on Amazon and eBay, but am getting ready to put a portion of my collection for sale on eBay.

I always list condition conservatively to avoid buyers being unhappy with condition and I would buy insurance if it sells. However, my concern is shipping hundreds of games and then have the buyer file a bogus claim while I don't have the games and possibly not having access to the funds.

Is there anything additionally I can do to protect myself as a seller from getting a bad buyer on a large lot?

I believe there is an escrow service that is used in conjunction with eBay. I think it is used a lot for eBay motors. Never used it but I remember it being talked about when the 25th ps4s came out. Look into that.

#3 kell   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

I believe there is an escrow service that is used in conjunction with eBay. I think it is used a lot for eBay motors. Never used it but I remember it being talked about when the 25th ps4s came out. Look into that.

Thanks for the tip, hadn't seen an escrow used on eBay before.  Appreciate it.