Batman Arkham Knight Pre Order Bonuses

MutantMike

CAGiversary!
Does anyone have a list of the pre order bonuses being offerered by retailers?

I have a Limited Edition pre ordered at Wal-Mart but cannot find anything about Harley, bonuses or anything there.

Harley Quinn's DLC comes with all new copies of the game, just like Catwoman's DLC did with Arkham City and how Deathstroke's DLC did with Arkham Origins.  For a bit Amazon was claiming it to be exclusive to them, but this was incorrect. 

Amazon has the First Appearance DLC Skin for preorders.  They also have another edition to buy called the Serious Edition, which comes with an Anniversary copy of Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth.  That's a graphic novel, and holds next to no connection to the game Arkham Asylum. This also includes the First Appearance DLC Skin (Arkham Origins had this skin as well).  The game itself is the standard copy, but the book is different from the standard edition (if you're interested in reading Batman comics or graphic novels).

GameStop has the Red Hood preorder DLC.  It seems like it will be challenge maps, but I could be wrong.

Best Buy has the Wayne Tech DLC included with preorders.  This seems like earlier access to items you'll unlock as you progress through the game.

I'm unaware of other DLC preorder offers (though there could be others).  I believe I've read online that Rocksteady have stated that the Red Hood DLC is not included with the Season Pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, I can't argue that his case isn't valid.  But, this doesn't really bug me.  I only care about the playable stuff, like Harley's mission and the Red Hood stuff.  All the rest is really just crap.  They've been pushing these skins since Arkham City and they are always pretty boring.  I got my limited edition preordered at Best Buy, with GCU and some rewards, paying like $30 in the end.  I'm not complaining about that. 

Plus, for some weird reason, in years past, I had fun hustling, scheming and trading to get all the DLC for stuff like Mass Effect 2 and Fable: the Journey. 

I really should wait to pick up Arkham Knight, but I really want to play it when it comes out. Like everyone else I hate that content is being blocked by retailer exclusive crap. I'll pick the game up at Best Buy to get my GCU and $10 pre-order bonus. I'll also pick it up on PS4 so I can get the console exclusive stuff, but man do I hate that they are doing this with Batman again. Seems worse this time around and Arkham City was pretty bad with the retailer exclusive stuff. 

By chance does anyone know if Gamestop offers preorders for the digital release? And if they do does it include the Red Hood content? I don't see anything on their site but I know some games they do. I'm not a big fan of digital orders but this will be a game I know I'll never trade or sell so I'm just going to download it if possible. I would call the place but the people there have never given me a correct answer on anything I've ever asked yet and it's a 50 minute drive to the nearest one.

So there's a bit more than I originally posted.

From GameFAQS:

Here's a list of the "exclusive" content.

GameStop Pre-Order Bonus - Red Hood story pack

Best Buy Pre-Order Bonus - Waynetech Booster Pack (combat upgrades available earlier) and save $10 on collector's edition strategy guide

Amazon Pre-Order Bonus - 1st Appearance Batman skin

Walmart Pre-Order Bonus - Prototype Batmobile skin and $4.99 VUDU movie credits

Universal Pre-Order Bonus - Harley Quinn story pack

Steam Exclusive - Batman Beyond and The Dark Knight Returns Batman skins

PS4 Exclusive - Scarecrow Nightmare mission, Justice League 3000 and Classic TV Batman skins, and Classic TV Batmobile skin

Limited Edition Exclusives - Batman Memorial statue, steelbook case, issue #0 of Batman: Arkham Knight prequel comic, New 52 skin pack, artbook

Batmobile Edition Exclusives - Fully transformable Batmobile statue/figure, steelbook case, issue #0 of Batman: Arkham Knight prequel comic, New 52 skin pack, artbook

Serious Edition Exclusive (Amazon exclusive) - 1st Appearance Batman skin and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth hardback 25th anniversary edition

I believe that's everything so far. Note that all of these "exclusives" besides the physical collectors edition items are timed exclusives only, and will eventually be obtainable to all platforms outside of the Season Pass at an unannounced date.

I want to wait it out but they got me with the harley quinn pack. I can't wait now. I going to need that asap.

I'll wait for the season pass to go on sale. Hopefully I can nab it for $25-$30 or something someday.

I'll wait for the season pass to go on sale. Hopefully I can nab it for $25-$30 or something someday.
Some places are having sales for the currency used for the different platforms (PSN, Xbox Marketplace, Steam), so you might be able to get the Season Pass for less if you go about it that way.

Considering Best Buy has the 20% off new with Gamers Club Unlocked and the $10 Rewards Credit, you could buy a currency card there for the Season Pass. I just hate the idea of encouraging a $40 Season Pass to other publishers.

Unless the DLC for this game is mostly story DLC or add-on expansion DLC (like the Red Hood is supposedly story, not challenge map BS like the Robin one was with Black Mask in City) I would just get the game on release or buy the DLC as it comes. Why? I suspect this will be like the other games and a bulk of the DLC will be those useless challenge/predator maps they have the nerve to release as DLC and charge for. Season Passes are generally only worth it if you are saving money and assuming you aren't in it for the (again, predicted) challenge/predator maps and just for the story DLC aka real DLC then you won't be saving any money if you still get the GOTY edition/Season Pass/whatever. I mean, yes, if you looked at the numbers you would but since you aren't interested in the maps and therefore never would have bought them regardless then you might as well just get the game and DLC as it releases since the maps will be included in the GOTY/season pass stuff which is stuff tacked on you can't opt out of getting (stuff you wouldn't have went for).

Wasn't that tactful explaining that but ASSUMING they are releasing challenge/predator maps along with any real story DLC in my opinion if you aren't interested in those maps (which many aren't, they've never been that popular despite them always releasing them) then just get the game now and buy whatever story DLC you want as it comes out as getting a GOTY edition or Season Pass is only really going to save you money with the assumption you want every DLC this game offers. If you don't want those maps, then you don't want everything it has and therefore you're not saving money with a GOTY/SP.

Good news?  No Batmobile Edition, but all of the pre-order content does come with the Season Pass, eventually.  Also, seems like all of us are getting the New 52 skins.

Did the Best Buy "Waynetech Booster Pack" code also include the Harley code?

What is the booster pack anyway, new stuff or just early access to the upgrades you get later anyway?

Any word yet if switching skins requires completing the game first?
You probably already know this, but you can switch from the start. On the first menu you can click an option (it should have an exclamation point if you've downloaded the New 52 skin pack).

What is the booster pack anyway, new stuff or just early access to the upgrades you get later anyway?
Harley Code is in the game case. Wayne Booster pack is just early unlock in the campaign. Everyone can get the weapon upgrades, the code just lets you have a few right away, and without having to get the points to do so.

what Ebb said ^^^ plus, the waynetech stuff comes from best buy via code in an email.

bread's done
Back