- - - - -

Anyone Know How GameStop's Saved Trade Values' Work?

GameStop Saved Trade Values Trade in pre owned website webpage app

#1 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4443 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:45 AM

Does anyone know how Gamestop's save Trade value's work?

A few weeks back I noticed an item I had just bought digitally was worth around $30 trade-in at Gamestop according to the App on my Android devices.

So, I saved the trade and went in.

The disc was in perfect condition, but they were only offering around $23-24 for it in store credit with PUR membership bonus. The work assured me I was getting the full value since my disc was like new and in pristine condition.

I showed the workers my app, and saved trade value, but they had no clue how to access the save value in store.

When I got home, I checked the Gamestop website and it said the $23-24 with PUR Trade in Value, while the App still said $30 and my value was saved at $30.

So, there was a descrpency here and the workers at my store have no clue to access such information and deals for trade ins.

The reason I'm asking, I'm clearing out some games I recently purchased digitally on the multiple sales and wanted to know incase this BS happens again.

Thank you all in advance!

#2 htz  

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:12 AM

Saved trade values are only guaranteed on the day you saved it.

#3 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4443 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

Saved trade values are only guaranteed on the day you saved it.

Yea, and that's exactly what I am getting at.

I saved the trade not even 30min-1hr before I left to Gamestop.

I was even able to show them on my phone/tablet the ammount I had saved, and that it was current.

When I got home, my trade was still saved at that price and all Gamestop Aps were showing the game as $30 trade in

WHILE the website and in-store lookup showed it at the lower price...

But, I had the higher price locked in.. and none of the workers knew how to access it.