GameStop: Escape Dead Island $10 New/$9 Used (PS3 & X360)

Picked this up a week or so ago on PS3 at my local Best Buy for 9.59 after GCU. Another game on the pile...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this game worth $10? From the reviews, they make this game seem like it's a lot worse than the original Dead Island.

Excellent deal. The perfect way to get back into a good mood after you go into Gamestop and can't find the amiibo you want.

Is this game worth $10? From the reviews, they make this game seem like it's a lot worse than the original Dead Island.
I liked it and would say it's worth $10, but it depends on what you're expecting since it's a much different kind of game. It's not the open world zombie game that Dead Island 1 and Riptide were (it's sort of pseudo-open-world with small areas connected by paths/tunnels). It's a more linear (sort of "go here, do this...now go here, do this") 3rd person game with limited weapons (no crafting) and some stealth elements (you can sneak up on zombies and take them down from behind, and there are stealth sections that rely on that). And it actually gets pretty trippy/surreal towards the end (in the past, I've said it has a Suda51 vibe). It's also pretty tough/challenging towards the end.

So, yes, it's an enjoyable game that's worth $10...but it's in no way Dead Island 2 or Riptide 2 or whatever if that's what you're looking for.

Btw, for anyone that does pick it up, they made the DLC free on the PS store.

bread's done
Back