Dark Souls 3 - Only Embers Remain - The Ringed City DLC: March 28th

Supplice

CAGiversary!
2rcnbr7.png

Dark Souls 3 isn't the last in the series - but it is a turning point

Dark Souls 3 won't be the last game in From Software's series, director Hidetaka Miyazaki has clarified - but it is the start of a new era for the games and for the studio.

"First of all, this is not the final product for the Dark Souls series," Miyazaki said in a roundtable interview at E3 attended by Eurogamer's Aoife Wilson. "However, I believe it's the turning point for the Dark Souls series. First of all, Dark Souls has a really unique worldview. It's not a good idea, continuously releasing titles for this series because of that factor. And this will probably be the turning point of From Software as a whole - it's the last project we started working on before I became president. It's basically From Software, they started working on this project when it was an older generation. So it's a turning point. It'll be a turning point, but it's not final."

Bandai Namco Games also confirmed that Hidetaka Miyazaki will be directing the sequel. It will also feature dynamic lighting and particle effects. You can see the list of features from the fact sheet below:
  • As fires fade and the world falls into ruin, developer FROMSOFTWARE and director Hidetaka Miyazaki continue their critically-acclaimed and genre-defining series with Dark Souls III. Fans and newcomers alike will get lost in the games hallmark rewarding gameplay and immersive graphics.
  • Now only embers remain…Dynamic lighting and particle effects immerse players into a dark fantasy world of ruin.
  • Expertly crafted world encourages players to explore vast and breathtaking landscapes.
  • Diversifies combat action allowing players to craft their own unique play style.
  • Evolution of trademark online multiplayer functionality that seamlessly integrates online interactions into single player story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RAlGv-IW4g​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully its next gen only game. Hate that they release DS2 on PS3 coz it meant a downscaled experience for next gen even if graphics is better

Dark Souls III coming early 2016, leaked art reveals

2ignhx4.jpg

Dark Souls III will launch in early 2016, according to a leaked promotional image obtained by IGN. The game, which was first leaked late last week, is reportedly planned for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with a PC release also possible. While still not officially announced, the game is expected to appear at E3 next week—most likely at Microsoft or Sony’s press conference.

Bandai Namco Accidentally Reveals Dark Souls 3 Ahead of E3, Confirms Reveal Trailer

Bandai Namco might have just accidentally confirmed the existence of Dark Souls 3 at E3. The official Bandai Namco UK twitter account recently shared a YouTube video of the game, probably its E3 2015 trailer. This video is still private but the tweet was quickly deleted.

23jlao6.jpg

====================

E3 2015: Dark Souls 3 is everything I want in a Dark Souls Sequel - IGN

Dark Souls 3 Gameplay Trailer Gamescom 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gMUv2P9-ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha8eRiP0DmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ2ahQU2WN0

This is pretty much the only game I'm looking forward to next year.  Gaming in general has stagnated for me with so many sequels feeling similar and starting to homogenize into one-size-fits-all playstyles (Ubisoft is largely guilty of this).  Yet the Souls series has always felt fresh for some reason; maybe it's challenging design that is being lost heh.  Seems this entry will even be a return to its roots, so even better.  Will be keeping an eye on this. . .

Dark Souls III launches April 2016 in North America and Europe

Dark Souls III will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in North America and Europe in April 2016, Bandai Namco announced.

Dark Souls III pushes a deeper sense of role-playing than previous iterations of the series with key additions that provide players with a set of tools and in-game options to customize their gameplay experience. Skills, a new addition to the DARK SOULS combat mechanics, adds attack modifiers to each weapon type, allowing players an increased tactical advantage in combat. Increase an axe’s attack power with War Cry or break an enemy’s guard with a quick upward swing from Ready Stance. The choice of if and when players use these added abilities is up to them. Players will also be able to equip their character with a wide variety of armor sets, medieval weaponry, as well as come across powerful sorceries and miracles as they develop their own personal style of play.

I forgot to post this article last year.  :lol:

-

Dark Souls 3 likely to be last in the series

Director Hidetaki Miyazaki has said that he doesn’t expect to continue making new Dark Souls and Bloodborne games. Speaking to GameSpot he said he considers the upcoming Dark Souls 3 to be the last in the series.

“I don’t think it’d be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I’m considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That’s not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future,” he said.

“I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software.”

Full Interview from Gamespot

Dark Souls Comic Book Series Coming This Year

New Dark Souls III Screenshots and Art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zDZYrIUgKE

Love the series but not sure if I am picking this up on release or not as I am not sure how much time I will have in the spring.  Plus it would imply that I am stealing back the PS4 from my son unless I pick it up on another platform.  Played all of them on the playstation consoles thus far and some DS on the PC.

I feel like an idiot that I am actually bummed that I will miss the release of this game since I will be on vacation hahah first world problems : P

Take it WITH on vacation: best of both worlds. ;)

So I decided late that I want to get the CE now that they updated the pictures of the contents (200 page art book :drool:) and while BB had it listed for sale weeks ago, I tried then and recently to buy it and it always kicked me out of the cart with an error. Now they've updated it to sold out online. . .

On waitlist for Amazon, but at this point I guess I'm just going to have to scour for it on launch day heh.

If anyone's looking for a good "souls-like" while they're waiting for 4/12, I highly recommend Salt and Sanctuary on PS4. Its a 2d take on a Souls game and is definitely scratching that itch.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-salt-and-sanctuary/2300-11050/
Oh damn. This game must have slipped under my radar somehow... this looks effing amazing. Mixing concepts of Dark Souls and a Metroidvania?!? That is a match made in heaven. Really do not want to add another game to my many that need playing but it is hard to pass this one up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE-haGR_jMQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjY99zF3_to

Man it is so good. The main hub feels like a total throwback to Demon's Souls and I love it. I obviously will not spoil anything but I have been keeping radio silence on all information on the game and so everything is so new. I am really digging playing it early like this because then there is no risk of spoiling or being tempted by guides; it is all 100% me just trying and failing.

Of course I make it through the training area hard monster, the first boss battle and pretty much the entire area up until the next boss fight without dying... and then I see an item on a far off ledge and miss my jump..... first death... what a lame way to go hahah

I should have imported it like I originally planned, but I thought I could handle the wait.  :lol: Oh well, I'm listening to the beautiful soundtrack at least. 

Dark Souls III’s International Version Will Get Day One Patch to Optimize Performance

The international version of the game currently does not have its multiplayer capabilities activated, nor does it include the contents of a planned day-one patch that will deliver further optimization of the game. Players will be able to download the day-one patch on April 12th, the official international release date for Dark Souls III. 

I should have imported it like I originally planned, but I thought I could handle the wait. :lol: Oh well, I'm listening to the beautiful soundtrack at least.

Dark Souls III’s International Version Will Get Day One Patch to Optimize Performance

The international version of the game currently does not have its multiplayer capabilities activated, nor does it include the contents of a planned day-one patch that will deliver further optimization of the game. Players will be able to download the day-one patch on April 12th, the official international release date for Dark Souls III.
Glad to see this! It is weird without online play right now and I hope the optimization tweaks the framerate. I haven't had anything terrible on the X1 but I have had some weird moments where it just felt off.

I'm excited to play soon, probably wont be really good at playing it, but I'll get by I suppose. Glad to hear it's good so far. :)

Had to brush up with some DS2.  I forgot how much I did not like the Gulch....not to mention forgetting to lite the bonfire after walking in.  I caved but had to get the PC version as my son as pretty much confiscated my PS4.

Had to brush up with some DS2. I forgot how much I did not like the Gulch....not to mention forgetting to lite the bonfire after walking in. I caved but had to get the PC version as my son as pretty much confiscated my PS4.
If I were to go back to an old title it would most certainly be Dark Souls, that was by far my favorite.

Dark Souls 3 however is really giving 1's first place spot a run for it's money. I cannot pull myself away and am loving every single second of this new game. Feels like a perfect blending of Demons Souls, Dark Souls and Bloodborne. As I am playing through I am already looking forward to my second runthrough...and third and fourth and so on hahah : P

I'm the opposite, give me Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 2.  Something about Dark Souls 1 just felt off to me.  It is not like I despised it, just my least favorite and one I am least likely to replay again.  I do still remember laughing the first time I walked out onto the bridge, not knowing that I was going to end up as Mr. Krispy and a snack for the dragon.  My reaction was far better than when I fell off the ledge back rollling in Demon's Souls near the shortcut unlock on the first level.  Would've been a colorful stream.

I'm the opposite, give me Demon's Souls or Dark Souls 2. Something about Dark Souls 1 just felt off to me. It is not like I despised it, just my least favorite and one I am least likely to replay again. I do still remember laughing the first time I walked out onto the bridge, not knowing that I was going to end up as Mr. Krispy and a snack for the dragon. My reaction was far better than when I fell off the ledge back rollling in Demon's Souls near the shortcut unlock on the first level. Would've been a colorful stream.
If you could try and explain what felt off? Totally respect your opinion I am always curious on how other people feel about the games because they are so unique and nuanced.

I am leaving for vacation tomorrow and wanted to have Dark Souls 3 beaten by then but it is not looking too hot. I am NEAR the end, without giving spoilers but still far enough that I doubt I will finish. I fought what I believe is an optional boss last night and after found a whole other area that had one of the creepiest vibes. Reminded me of the graves where much of it is pitch black. But yeah there is something there (again not giving spoilers) that makes it seem like there is more for me to do but I have literally done all I can so I am not sure. I don't want to go ahead and pursue the 'main' line until I am sure I have expunged all the other areas.

In terms of my build right now for the first playthrough just sticking with a basic quality build to get the lay of the land. Been using the Uchigatana (which you can get very early to say the least) as well as, again no spoilers, an ultra greatsword from one of the earlier boss souls that has one of the most unique and fun movesets in any of the games I think.

All that being said I honestly think this is now my favorite Souls game... and that is with me still not even beating it or having access to the online components. Everything is just so perfect it feels like in every aspect. There are always multiple paths to take, but never so many you feel overwhelmed. The Covenant system works just as it should have from the beginning of the series. The weapons all feel truly unique now with the weapon arts. The boss designs are just as crazy and out there as ever. The world is so vast and varied and yet completely interconnected. There are so many hidden things as always and once you figure each out you genuinely feel like you accomplished something. The bosses are decently varied and one even has a unique system built into it. The characters and worlds look absolutely stunning. I could honestly just keep going on and on. The main complaint I have seen from people is that there is too much fan service but really the game is part of a series and so having certain things referenced makes sense in this grand magical fantasy world.

Gah, I love it so much. It is sad that I am actually kind of bummed that I won't be able to play it while on vacation haha

I'm getting a PS4 next weekend for Dark Souls III... I guess I'll need PS+ for multiplayer, too.

Any hot deals on 1 year PS+ cards right now?

As for my comments on Dark Souls - while I liked it, I cannot remember a lot of why I thought what I did at the time.  I just know I thought it seemed off.  Maybe I was comparing it too much to Demon's Souls.  I just remember thinking that I did not enjoy it nearly as much for some reason.

Last night was fun in DS2 on the XB1.  Mind you, I generally suck at PvP, especially against those spammy-spellcasting types.  Anyway, get invaded, person manages to get a shot at my back before I see them.  Fine as I just finished off a couple of monsters in Drangelic Castle.  Manage to avoid the person, drink a flask, not get hit again and smash them.  Next thing I know, message calling me a "healing p*ssy" comes across.  Of course I had to be an @ss in my response and mention that if they were better they would've killed me while I was doing that because it takes forever and I make sure mention to them that they never hit me again.

Everyone agrees with the flask thing, right?  I mean, that's a free drubbing just waiting.

Yeah...I was laughing.  But since it was probably some 12 year old kid calling me a p*ssy, I thought I should highlight his or her suck factor.  

I want a Demon's Souls Remaster. I'm surprised From Software hasn't jumped on that bandwagon yet.
I concur. I still have the original sitting on one of my PS3's from the free download and have the original tin box laying around somewhere as well. Maybe I'll fire that up as well since I got my @ss handed to me in Undead Crypt last night. I should clarify that and say that I was tired and quit after not paying too much attention and the shield guy made me go splat.

The collector's edition is back in stock for PS4 on Amazon. $103.99 for Prime members which takes a bit of the sting out of $70 for the extras. I bought one seeing as this will be sold out and most likely the last souls game, or at least Dark Souls. I'm hyped for Tuesday!

I did open up Demon's Souls.  It reminded me just how loose the PS3 controllers are again.  I somehow must have started out a Magician and never went much further or died playing only once.  Made it to the dragon bridge and about cleared the enemies off that before having to deal with putting mini-me to bed last night.  Forgot what fun I had dying on that bridge the first time.

Anyway, back to DS3, I like how they are bringing magic back to the way it was in Demons Souls - or at least it appears that way to me.

I did open up Demon's Souls. It reminded me just how loose the PS3 controllers are again. I somehow must have started out a Magician and never went much further or died playing only once. Made it to the dragon bridge and about cleared the enemies off that before having to deal with putting mini-me to bed last night. Forgot what fun I had dying on that bridge the first time.

Anyway, back to DS3, I like how they are bringing magic back to the way it was in Demons Souls - or at least it appears that way to me.
It's similar, the blue bar is Focus Points, used for spells and weapon arts. It may be replenished from Ash flask, and you may choose how to allot your total estus between health and focus.

To be fair I did boot up / start a new character in Dark Souls tonight.  I remember what was flawed now....that fuck camera.  Thank god that was fixed in DS2.  Died 3 times with DS tonight.  Once on purpose at the Dragon to get the sword.  Other two times were me going over the edge while getting used to those camera adjustments.

I broke down and made my first PSN paid purchase ever last night: Salty Souls. To say the least, it was worth it but it reminds me of just why I fucking hated oldschool NES Castlevania: the platforming deaths from being shot mid-air and falling to your death. I love the style and boss fights so far but I think how they designed healing is a little exploitable. I was able to brute force a couple bosses by just popping healing each time the effect wore off and went HAM until it died. My attack power is already 55 after a few hours with the game and I'm starting to just roll over most enemies plus using a weapon augment item just rips through bosses. Love 2H zerker builds. :D

At any rate, just a taste of what's to come next week and I'm thirsty.

To be fair I did boot up / start a new character in Dark Souls tonight. I remember what was flawed now....that fuck camera. Thank god that was fixed in DS2. Died 3 times with DS tonight. Once on purpose at the Dragon to get the sword. Other two times were me going over the edge while getting used to those camera adjustments.
You can fix the camera in the options.

You can fix the camera in the options.
Correct but they don't do nearly enough. They fuck the camera in the game IMO.

Played more....forgot early on that Havel can one hit kill you through a shield. Oops. First non-camera angle, non-dragon death. Not bad for a warm up.

bread's done
Back