CAGcast #409: Tighten Up Those Grassphics!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Cagcast is the best cast.

Also, no Lego Worlds talk? Did y'all not pick it up yet? Personally, I will probably hold out until they add multiplayer. 

I miss the days where I could right click and save as with this podcast on this page with firefox. Now I just get a redirect instead of the file.

I miss the days where I could right click and save as with this podcast on this page with firefox. Now I just get a redirect instead of the file.
Click on the link then right click on the page and select "save page as". Does that work?

Sony is takng baby steps towards external drive support. They recently added functionality where you can use a drive for storage, but you can't install to it/play from it. It's very disappointing and since they are calling that support for external drives, I'm guessing that they have no intentions to make it function like the XboxOne, aka: "useful".

You guys were very glass half empty on Fallout 4. While you could be right about season passes, and the final game not looking as good as in the trailer, it made me kind of sad that the AAA video game industry has done this so many times that you just expect it to happen.

Fallout 3 had some of the best DLC ever created, and it was because most of it was produced after the game was shipped. Broken Steel for example addressed the issue some people had with the end of the game for example. Hopefully, that's the route they go, and don't just take things out of the main game.

Good show. I applaud for the way you guys took my feedback about wombat's critique of the intro.Although I still feel the same way.

Jeez with all the talk about Target, you'd think I was watching Jane the Virgin, a definite #watchthisbitches

Wombat, you should follow Judge John Hodgman's advice on how to deal with your massive collection of t-shirts, which your wife probably wants gone. http://maximumfun.org/judge-john-hodgman/judge-john-hodgman-episode-199-legalhosen

It's totally stupid that Sony doesn't want its users to get external drives when Nintendo and Microsoft already let their customers use them. If it's because of the usual excuse of piracy, that's not very valid.

Fallout Tactics needs a reboot.

And finally some ping pong music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdYmpcOnUDo

Ship's comments on Fallout were funny. I feel the same way - it opens them up to work on the next Elder Scrolls and it means we are finally past the phase of cross-gen development.

I also agreed with him regarding early access release. I think it's a horrible idea to (intentionally) release am unfinished game. Then when they have a final polished product, no one cares.

Ganging up on Wombat for his battery management was hilarious.

How would you compare Witcher 3 to Witcher 2? I had a real hard time trying to get into Witcher 2. It just never clicked with me. Same with the new Dragon Age for some reason.

I'm not excited about Fallout 4 at all. It seems more of the same old Fallout. I'm already bored of that formula.

I read the RB4 article you guys talked about and man I didn't even know what to think while reading it. How did that even get published? Does Colin hate his boss? Is he suicidal? Can someone get him some help? Why did they send him? Why did he go? When is he getting fired or will he quit? Why does Polygon exist? Soooooo many questions.

I know you guys were just ragging on Wombat, and maybe it's also just my opinion, but it's totally worth it to buy Bethesda games and season passes or whatnot. (Although they have yet to have a season pass.) Their DLC has thus far been absolutely well-made and does not feel like it was taken out of the main game. Both Fallout 3's and Skyrim's DLC were excellent. Yes, I know that the infamous horse armor came from them, but that was in the infancy stages of DLC. No one really knew what people wanted. And they haven't repeated that or done anything similar since. Hopefully that trend continues. On the other hand, games like Mortal Kombat seem like they're just squeezing you for money wherever they can. But I admit it's also not my type of game, so it may be a case of "to each their own."

Also, Cheapy is right - it's not going to look like real Boston at all, if Fallout 3 is any indication. I live right outside of DC (which obviously is where FO3 is) and pretty much nothing is recognizable. A number of the area names are familiar, and there's stuff like the Washington Monument, but that's it. Even the Mall isn't a whole lot like its real-life counterpart. They take a lot of creative liscense with it. As they should; not knocking their design.

EDIT: Holy hell that Polygon RB4 article is a trainwreck. I generally avoid Polygon aside from headlines (which are enough to get news), and that article really lends itself to being a great reason to keep doing that. I especially enjoyed the line, "All video games are stupid, of course." Yep, that's a great thing to write to that audience.

I read Skylanders SuperChargers is 50% vehicle levels and 50% the Skylanders missions we're used to. The wheels on the cars do indeed move so kids can play with them.

It's kind of interesting how all the Toys To Life games added cars this year. LEGO Dimensions showed theirs, Skylanders added vehicles, and Disney Infinity is adding a kart racing game inside 3.0.

Wombat, if you already have Disney Infinity you can skip buying the Clone Wars. They said it's the same base and they will be offering a digital download of the full game on day one. You can choose any set you want, Star Wars A New Hope, Inside Out, or the Avengers Age of Ultron one.

Shipwreck, you should at least consider getting a touch screen monitor for your PC. Windows 8 and 10 use them and it feels so natural in this touch screen age. Plus your kid will enjoy it.

Great show guys.

Random thoughts:

1) I disagree with the interpretation of that RB4 article.  To me it came off as covering that game was beneath him.

If you don't like the game- ok.  But how about paying enough attention to tell your readers about the game? 

IIRC, he casually mentioned old instruments will work even on XB1.  That is a big deal, because most people assumed they would not due to hardware restrictions. 

It took the HMX pr guy to clarify on GAF that yes indeed, they will work.  They'll use a dongle.

Anyone that cared enough to be there could have followed up and gotten the full story and put it in their article.  Instead this asshat wrote about his shrimp puffs. 

2) Didn't everyone think that the Xbox Game room games were too pricey, and those were 5 bucks each?  And those were "B" tier games.  I've checked out all those PS4 Arcade ones and I'm not sure those are even "C" tier.  And they want 8 bucks?

I get that game devs gotta eat, but Wombat's right.  Eight bucks is too much for Crazy Climber.

Wombat not being at E3 can be a mixed blessing. He undying love for schwag can really mess up Shipwreck's E3 schedule spreadsheet.

Eight bucks is not too much for classic games. People pay 2x as much for Amiibo statues that do little to nothing.

Where does Cheapy D get his awesome Dancehall music? I really liked the intro music.

It'd be great if Sony announced a PS4 with a larger hard drive, but I don't think they would. I'd like it, because I would imagine they would put it at the current price and drop the price of the 500GB version. Then I could get that one for less and put in a 2TB. I don't think they will though, because it's so easy to upgrade the hard drive. Though it is a cheap way to offer more to potential buyers.

I don't think the amiibo situation is getting better any time soon. Manufacturing action figures and managing the global distribution is way more complicated than you think it is. Yes, there are things you can do to expedite the process, but those are only short term fixes when you have a constantly running production line fulfilling global demand. They also usually wipe out 100% of your profit. Long term fixes take months and can often require doubling production quantities. If demand is

I've never played a Fallout game but 4 looks interesting.
Same here. Everytime something happens about Fallout or its brought up my friend can't stop gushing about it. I just always played the Elder Srolls games and skipped the Fallout ones - no idea why really because they do look cool.

Being able to change the PS4 hard drive is a great feature. I do not want an external drive taking up space on my case.

Wombat, you don't need to disassemble the entire PS4 to upgrade the hard drive.  There is just a cover on the left top side that pops off similar to 360 faceplates, a couple of screws that hold the hard drive in, and you are done.  Super easy and you don't have to have another silly box sitting on your entertainment center.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5107/~/upgrade-ps4-hdd

I do however like the replaceable batteries in the Xbox One controller..  if you use Eneloop rechargeables, they last forever and it's only seconds to swap them if they die during a gaming session.  With the PS4 you basically have to have a second controller charging or sit real close to the console to plug in a USB cable.

Last thought, I never realized the Optimus Prime voice actor voiced He-Man commercials.. lol thanks for that.

I can only imagine Wombat's sitting out this E3 to get Wombat Best Beans crowdfunded.  I'll take two cans please.

I actually prefer Sony's approach to the HDD thing. I'd rather take the 90 seconds to swap my drive than have an external hard drive and cables sitting in my entertainment center. I think it's fine that the Xbox allows for that, but it's not for me and I don't care if Sony ever adds that ability to the PS4.

Omg just when I think I can get through an episode w/o wanting to Lv 3 Haggar Hyper Combo Wombat into a toilet, he goes , "Wuuuuaaahhhh Rechargeable Batteries Derrrrr I love Humus!"

Uggh classic Wombat (>>)

And yea I'm getting this Batman PS4 but i dont know why not much on PS4.  Meh

bread's done
Back