AT&T dropping 2 - year contract phone upgrades altogether - starts with retailers

bestkeeper14

CAGiversary!
Best Buy and others no longer let you upgrade phones

Just went into Best Buy to upgrade my phone and was told I could only do the Next plan, then I found this article from Monday stating why.  Looks like no more 2 year upgrades and getting cheap deals on phones from Best Buy or even going into the Apple store and getting a phone...  so dumb.

And I know some people may say the Next plan is cheaper anyway, but when you are like me with an original plan that carries unlimited data and use nearly 30 GB's per month, there is no way I could switch my plan....

Yeah... I am pretty sure that this really now the last year my wife and I will be able to upgrade for next to nothing.  The last two upgrades I paid with gift cards and RZC so we paid like either Zero or 30 bucks in the end for the phone, case and screen protector.

Well, BB just lost my business then when I upgrade later this year.

I'm not paying 2x for Next.  That would just be retarded.

[quote name="bestkeeper14" post="12729281" timestamp="1433608243"]Best Buy and others no longer let you upgrade phones

Just went into Best Buy to upgrade my phone and was told I could only do the Next plan, then I found this article from Monday stating why. Looks like no more 2 year upgrades and getting cheap deals on phones from Best Buy or even going into the Apple store and getting a phone... so dumb.

And I know some people may say the Next plan is cheaper anyway, but when you are like me with an original plan that carries unlimited data and use nearly 30 GB's per month, there is no way I could switch my plan....[/quote]

How are you using so much? I was on unlimited since iphone3G and finally switched to a capped plan last Christmas. Even then I would only use 10 at the most and that was when I discovered using the hotspot to remote play with my Vita.

Now I'm on the 20Gig plan but paying the 10Gig price because of a deal that I found out from this site. With that and rollover data I'm sitting at about 30 gigs a month between 2 iphones and an ipad. And pay less then I did before.

But yeah the whole forcing AT&T next thing is garbage.

bread's done
Back