Best Buy, Select $2.99 DVDs and $4.99 Blu Rays

Buncha crap there, but, if I can make one recommendation, if you have an interest in comedy of the early TV era, you should check out It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World for $3. Don't expect this basic DVD to be a substitute for the much more costly Criterion Blu/DVD set and also, as much as I love this film, it's almost inspire of itself as I have to agree most of the criticisms leveled at it (it's long/bloated, the direction can be ponderous, it's silly and the story/plot are as thin as it gets) are fair. However, if you want to see a "who's who" of American comedy circa 1963 (focused more on those working in television) pretty much turned loose and manically trying to one up each other, it really gets no better, especially for the price and IIRC the DVD is pretty decent and even has a documentary Criterion wasn't able to get.

Thanks OP.  Ended up picking up the Wizards digibook and The Sessions.  Book of Life is an awesome deal at $4.99 but I already have the 3D combo pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Book of Life is the best value in this sale. Wizards caught my eye since its a digibook so picked it up. Looks like an animated movie from the 70s but I'll buy anything digibook at this price. Picked up Stoker too.

Yep, Walter Mitty is highly recommended. Already got it for the same price in a previous sale.

Got myself the Book of life combo pack and the director's cut of Last of the mohicans. Still on the fence about Wizards, even though it is from Ralph Bakshi.

Didn't open Wizards yet and probably won't until I decide I'm definitely keeping it but there's no mention of uv being included.

I would have bought Wizards but there are none in my area and not available for shipping. I have it on DVD but wouldn't mind the upgrade at that price. Such an awesome movie.

I would have bought Wizards but there are none in my area and not available for shipping. I have it on DVD but wouldn't mind the upgrade at that price. Such an awesome movie.
Tell Amazon about the price that BB has for it and they may drop their price to match. I'm in the same boat, not available in my area.

They were shown not available at my local BB online, but a quick trip to the store fixed that.  They have a cardboard aisle display (2 sides blu, 2 sides DVD) as well as another display close to the cashiers.  They had all of the titles listed and I picked up:

Book of Life

Don Jon

Walking with Dinosaurs

Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Trance (worth it for the Rosario Dawson scene in glorious 1080p)

Also, they had Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix for $19.99 even though it showed out of stock as well.

My best buy did have any and now trance will not ship and phantom is backordered!  I really just want the uv codes from trance and phantom  so if anyone wants to sell them i will buy.  Or if someone is going to best buy and they have them i will cover the cost of the blurays if you just email me the uv codes

bread's done
Back