Find CheapyD at E3 and get a free CAG t-shirt!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'll be bringing a limited number of CAG t-shirts with me to E3.
I will be giving a few away each day to those registered CAGs who can find me and give me the super secret CAG password, "shaq-fu" and your forum name.
If I don't recognize your name, I may have to give you a CAG test to confirm your CAGness.

I'll only have a few to give away each day, so catch me early!

Check out the gallery to see my ugly mug.

Expect me to be weaing the CAG shirts, of course!
I'll probably wear one each day.

Who needs to pay for advertising when you're a 6'4" guy with a shaved head?

[quote name='tyecko']to go to E3 do you have to be invited?[/quote]

No, but you have to "apply" and show credentials that you are in the video game industry.

No. But you do have to apply and show credentials for proof of inclusion in the game industry in some form or another.

You need to shell out the dough to get tickets and have connections to the industry. If you need to ask, you probably aren't getting in.

[quote name='videogamejunkie']when are you leaving for LA Cheapy? Your going to miss the press releases.[/quote]
I know...I'm going tomorrow.

[quote name='guyver2077']god how i wish i could go to e3.....how does it work. do you have to be invited ??[/quote]

read the thread goldberg

If you really wanted in you could stick around and buy a scalped badge but that's really more trouble than it's worth. Besides, the coolest stuff is usually invite-only even if you do have a way in to the actual show.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='guyver2077']god how i wish i could go to e3.....how does it work. do you have to be invited ??[/quote]

read the thread goldberg[/quote]

my apoligies..thank you

i wonder, that if defnder ever actually starts handing out reviews, since we would work for his site (a game site), would that count as indusrty for entrance purposes?

Well how do you all have video game connections? I don't even understand how cheapy has a connection because he just runs a site that has game deals. But maybe I'm wrong. But that still doesn't explain how all the rest of u r getting in, like daphatty.

[quote name='tyecko']Well how do you all have video game connections? I don't even understand how cheapy has a connection because he just runs a site that has game deals. But maybe I'm wrong. But that still doesn't explain how all the rest of u r getting in, like daphatty.[/quote]

I worked in the game industry for over 5 years. One tends to make friends in that time.

i mean like did u work at a company like thq or activision, stuff like that, or did u work at like a funcoland or eb games? thats all i wanted to know

Cheapy, I'm going on friday, I hope I see you and that you won't be out of shirts. I'm not in the biz but my sister has connections, so that's how I'm going.

Yea! Another E3 is here! WOO HOO! By the by...if any of you went last year, did you happen to catch my propsal to my lady friend on the Nintendo stage? That is about as geeky as they come, my friends.

[quote name='tyecko']i mean like did u work at a company like thq or activision, stuff like that, or did u work at like a funcoland or eb games? thats all i wanted to know[/quote]

Well before I answer, lets make sure a certain distinction is clear. Working at EB or any other retail chain is not considered "in the industry." Being a member of the press, working for a developer and/or a publisher are the only legit qualifications as being "in the industry."

With that said, I worked for SEGA, Sega Channel, and SONY for a little over 5 years combined.

[quote name='daphatty']Well before I answer, lets make sure a certain distinction is clear. Working at EB or any other retail chain is not considered "in the industry." Being a member of the press, working for a developer and/or a publisher are the only legit qualifications as being "in the industry."[/quote]

I've talked to a couple game store employees who went. Basically what happened was their manager said they would sign off on them going (more for getting time off; a pay stub is what the registration folks want to see), but the company wasn't going to pay for anything.

But again, getting in is really only half the battle. Who's going to get the sexy invites to the hot stuff? Not the junior assistant manager at EB Games #5746 in San Bernadino.

Yeah My friend works in a GS in SD and got me a pass for thursday and friday from coworkers that only went one day. I wore a "the code" teeshirt thurs and a "Brad's school of Hard Rocks" tee on friday.

I saw plenty of bald headed guys but didnt see Anyone in a CAG shirt.

[quote name='daphatty'][quote name='tyecko']i mean like did u work at a company like thq or activision, stuff like that, or did u work at like a funcoland or eb games? thats all i wanted to know[/quote]

Well before I answer, lets make sure a certain distinction is clear. Working at EB or any other retail chain is not considered "in the industry." Being a member of the press, working for a developer and/or a publisher are the only legit qualifications as being "in the industry."

With that said, I worked for SEGA, Sega Channel, and SONY for a little over 5 years combined.[/quote]

That's pretty interesting. Mind telling us what you did in these seperate companies, and what exactly is Sega Channel?

[quote name='Tom']OMG you don't know what sega channel is?! For shame...[/quote]

Now I remember someone saying it was a kind of modem for some Sega system where you could download video games, but how could you work for Sega Channel specificly?

Sega Channel was a content provider. You know how game companies have been talking about using broadband to provide games directly to consoles instead of using CDs/DVDs? Well that is exactly what Sega Channel used to do for the Genesis. As a subscriber you had a cartridge based adapter/modem that you could download full version games to and play them. They even had exclusive games that could only be played on Sega Channel.

And to answer your question XBM, I was a tester for all three companies.

If I was there, I would have had him paged. Or acted "special" and been like I lost my brother CheapyD. A 6'3" 300lb man acting "special"gets attention.

bread's done
Back