Official G2A Thread - BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT 24.40, The Witcher 3 27.69

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
This thread is meant to communicate current discounts on digitally delivered content. Games, DLC and other electronically delivered products.

G2A, for those who are wondering is a website that allows individuals to sell keys to others they may own for most common platforms. If you have a key PC or Console you can sell it on the site and bank the profit to purchase games and DLC you wish to own. G2A in most cases is acting as a proxy between seller and buyer similar to eBay.

When purchasing make sure you buy a key appropriate to your region NA, ROW, RUS, CIS, EU and Global are common.

They offer something called G2A Shield which guarantees the purchases against invalid key issues, I prefer to decline this as I use paypal. The Shield Auto applies and must be deselected manually (usually a checkbox below the "Pay" button)

I've purchased 19 different games and sold various XBox, PS4 and PC Codes in the past (nothing listed currently) which I used to purchase some Steam games without any issues... The items you list are subject to fees and expire after a certain period of time. XBox Live time cards sell well if you have 1/2/7 and 30 day cards lying around. Nice way to monetize stuff that seems like junk. 

For discussions about G2A and key resellers in general, please discuss in this thread.

https://www.cheapass...ng-discussions/

Simple rules, No affiliate links and no one off or ultra limited items.

So here goes. The deal of the moment is:

BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT PC Steam http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.g2a.com%2Fbatpal  -> 24.44 + fees

They also have keys for Mortal Kombat X for about 13$

https://www.g2a.com/mortal-kombat-x-cd-key-global.html

They have plenty of weekly promotions,  Booster packs, DLC and Season Passes

Midweek deal page

https://www.g2a.com/midweeksale

is showing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOG GLOBAL for 27.69

Last edited by a moderator:
MwYqsTH.png

rickroll-d-o.gif

Never gonna G2A

http://www.polygon.com/2015/2/9/8006693/the-truth-behind-those-mysteriously-cheap-gray-market-game-codes

I'm sure CheapyD doesn't care since he'd get a cut from this, but I sure as hell won't let some clueless newbie get scammed by them.
And yet that story is old news and maybe accounts for a tiny portion of codes traded on that site months ago, and even better is no different to the steam trade thread, or any other code thread on any other site. I'm certain no one on this site has sold a code they got via questionable means. The point of the thread is to provide notice of cheap codes for games that may appeal to some, so rather than the negativity I would suggest a little more rationality and adult like posts that are a) helpful or b) truthful.

And yet that story is old news and maybe accounts for a tiny portion of codes traded on that site months ago, and even better is no different to the steam trade thread, or any other code thread on any other site. I'm certain no one on this site has sold a code they got via questionable means. The point of the thread is to provide notice of cheap codes for games that may appeal to some, so rather than the negativity I would suggest a little more rationality and adult like posts that are a) helpful or b) truthful.
Difference being in the Steam trade thread you don't give your financial information to a scammy site.

Also, nice referral link in that top post, dude.

ZGvAKRK.png

It's a known grey market site. Period. Their keys are not sourced direct from the publishers and they don't have permission to sell them to the regions that they are selling them to.

Everyone knows they buy cheap Russian keys and sell them to the rest of the world and pocket the profit. They're digital scalpers basically and you buy from them at your own risk.

Write to any publisher of a game they are selling and ask if G2A is an officially authorized seller of their games and see what they say.

Difference being in the Steam trade thread you don't give your financial information to a scammy site.

Also, nice referral link in that top post, dude.

ZGvAKRK.png
I just copied the url for the page from my browser, are you sure CAG didn't add that? Anyway I edited it and reinserted the link without the PID. And again where is the evidence of a scam. They offer a service allowing people to trade keys. Why all the angst ?

Typical, I actually believed you but after a little research I discovered the pid placed at the end of the url is a CAG thing. If you don't believe me go look at other links in other threads. Like I said just plain wrong and spreading misinformation. You must watch Fox news !!

Let's all just agree to disagree. I really don't see any harm in having a G2A thread. There's threads I don't agree with, or like for that matter, and find impressively stupid, but i don't bust up in 'em and shit everywhere, much as I want to. I'm looking at you, amiibo thread. Stick those stupid little statues up your asses and break them off for all I give a fuck. But I digress. Let's just see how it goes.

Let's all just agree to disagree. I really don't see any harm in having a G2A thread. There's threads I don't agree with, or like for that matter, and find impressively stupid, but i don't bust up in 'em and shit everywhere, much as I want to. I'm looking at you, amiibo thread. Stick those stupid little statues up your asses and break them off for all I give a fuck. But I digress. Let's just see how it goes.
yes what is the deal with amiibos (think I spelled it correctly). do they have an actually function?

It's not a good idea to buy from the craigslist of Steam, but Cheapy promoted that RU/CIS Mortal Kombat X key reseller so you guys can do what you want. We're not really thread-crapping, just throwing out the potential illegitimacy of the site; think of it as though someone posted an "Official Amiibo thread" only the amiibos all came in plastic bags from China and were discolored. The Amiibros would flip their shit.

Just plain ole axe grind trolling, Blade maybe you want to tell everyone what act of stupidity made you such a negative nancy ?

I bought a key off G2A once (some Watch Dogs DLC) and it didn't work.  Then, after two days of jacking around with their "customer service" (which is in Poland so unless you're up at 2am, you'll never speak to them directly) they told me that they refused to assist me since I didn't install some bullshit software to let them view my desktop.  I pretty much wrote them off with that, luckily I had only spent a few bucks, and called it a lesson learned.  I only bought it there because I had the foolish notion that the Paypal endorsement they advertised suggested some sort of legitimacy.

Saying that I could always file a complaint with Paypal is like saying I might as well use that dodgy ATM that just popped up because I can always file with the bank to get my money back.  Sure, I could but a much smarter idea is to stick with reputable and legitimate outlets rather than trying to save a few bucks on scams.  PC games get cheap enough quickly enough anyway to not waste my time trying to go through 3rd parties to get what I paid for.

Of course, G2A says on their website that you can't get a refund unless you install their "Shield" software so I wouldn't just assume Paypal will act on your behalf anyway.  The first thing they do in a claim is contact the merchant... who will then point out how you waived your right to a refund when you declined to install their hinky "Shield" software.

Also, not to be overly pedantic but wouldn't an "official" thread be one started by an authorized company representative?

Also, not to be overly pedantic but wouldn't an "official" thread be one started by an authorized company representative?
It's considered an official thread because Sadpanda promised to refund any fraudulent activity that peasants users of this thread might suffer.

True story.

I see both sides to the issue. Especially after reading the post on polygon about the grey market sites.

I haven't had any issues with G2A. I have bought 3 games from the site. A friend of mine has bought 1. No problem. I was hesitant the first time I bought from them, mostly because I was afraid of getting a code from the wrong region.

Now, I'm not saying "i had no problem so no one should ever have problems buying from them". I'm just saying my experience with the site has been good. So far...

I see both sides to the issue. Especially after reading the post on polygon about the grey market sites.

I haven't had any issues with G2A. I have bought 3 games from the site. A friend of mine has bought 1. No problem. I was hesitant the first time I bought from them, mostly because I was afraid of getting a code from the wrong region.

Now, I'm not saying "i had no problem so no one should ever have problems buying from them". I'm just saying my experience with the site has been good. So far...
The issue isn't whether or not keys will be revoked, but rather that they more often should be than not. Typically, only high profile publishers will even notice or do anything about their games being sold illegitimately, which is why we only rarely here about games getting revoked.

If you're buying anything from G2A, you can be assured that your deal is coming at the expense of someone. I'm still surprised that Cheapy is so out of the loop as to support these guys, but then, I guess it's no more surprising than indie devs that don't seem to have a clue about their clientele or the PC market in general.

If most of their keys got revoked, obviously there wouldn't be a G2A.  Just saying "Well, it never happened to ME" doesn't mean much.  But there is an undeniable additional risk in going through grey market sites.  Risk of getting an usable key, risk of keys being revoked due to theft or region locks, chance of retroactive region locking (publishers are getting more vigilant about RU/CIS region keys).  There is an added layer of difficulty in getting a refund if you go through these companies.

If someone feels the additional risk is worth it, then more power to them.  If the Powers That Be want grey market deals on their site, that's up to them.  But the whole "There's no risk" line is false.  Just admit that there's more risk in getting grey market out-of-region keys than there is in waiting on a legitimate sale from an authorized retailer.

Edit: It occurs to me that the OP says that he's "sold lots of stuff" via the site so I guess he has a vested interest in insisting that it's not at all risky.

I don't consider cautionary tales thread crapping.  While I'm not completely anti-shady sites like this, usually the only reason post is to link their referral link so they can try to get free games.  That said, Syntax's bad experience is enough to keep me away.

I have used the site 2 times.  I did not run into any issues, but as always these places should be used with caution.

If most of their keys got revoked, obviously there wouldn't be a G2A. Just saying "Well, it never happened to ME" doesn't mean much. But there is an undeniable additional risk in going through grey market sites. Risk of getting an usable key, risk of keys being revoked due to theft or region locks, chance of retroactive region locking (publishers are getting more vigilant about RU/CIS region keys). There is an added layer of difficulty in getting a refund if you go through these companies.

If someone feels the additional risk is worth it, then more power to them. If the Powers That Be want grey market deals on their site, that's up to them. But the whole "There's no risk" line is false. Just admit that there's more risk in getting grey market out-of-region keys than there is in waiting on a legitimate sale from an authorized retailer.

Edit: It occurs to me that the OP says that he's "sold lots of stuff" via the site so I guess he has a vested interest in insisting that it's not at all risky.
The only thing I'm interested in is pointing out the BS that comes out of some peoples know it all mouths. You can sow all the F.U.D you want but all I see is someone on their high horse grinding an axe. If you did actually buy a key that didn't work then the actual person selling that key via proxy was actually the douche. G2A provides a place to sell digital keys without threat of your account being terminated ala eBay. They provide a service which many people have been happy with. Holding them accountable for asshats requesting review keys and then selling them is the same thing as holding your city council responsible for every fake item sold at the local flea market. God, I hope you dont resell Humble Bundle charity keys, what kind of monster are you to deprive those little kiddies of an extra sale !!

People are just pointing out G2A is not the same as a regular authorised seller. There are risks involved, as you agree.

i.e. we win

The only thing I'm interested in is pointing out the BS that comes out of some peoples know it all mouths. You can sow all the F.U.D you want but all I see is someone on their high horse grinding an axe.
Really? Gee, in your OP you asked for first person stories if they had any problems. But I guess you didn't really mean that or else you were hoping everyone would buy into your fairy tale of G2A being perfectly safe.

Look, I get it. You're trying to sell keys via G2A and you want referral points as well ("Golly? I posted a referral link? However could that have happened?") It's in your interest to pretend that the site is legitimate, that any issues are tiny and isolated, that anyone pointing out the numerous risks is just on a "high horse" or being "angsty" or whatever little phrase you want to use to try and diminish their points. That's fine... it's obvious what's going on. I'm just saying that, from first hand experience, G2A sells bad keys and G2A refuses to assist or refund people unless they use (and pay for?!) a "guarantee" service that includes software to remotely view your computer. That's just honest truth. If you want to continue getting your panties knotted because the truth is interfering with your money making... well, go get a real job.

Shady site is still shady, especially if the link allowed in the OP is a referral link.
It's not. Go Look. But Shrike as an X mod can you explain why a PID keeps getting added to the end of my links, is that a CAG identifier ?

Really? Gee, in your OP you asked for first person stories if they had any problems. But I guess you didn't really mean that or else you were hoping everyone would buy into your fairy tale of G2A being perfectly safe.

Look, I get it. You're trying to sell keys via G2A and you want referral points as well ("Golly? I posted a referral link? However could that have happened?") It's in your interest to pretend that the site is legitimate, that any issues are tiny and isolated, that anyone pointing out the numerous risks is just on a "high horse" or being "angsty" or whatever little phrase you want to use to try and diminish their points. That's fine... it's obvious what's going on. I'm just saying that, from first hand experience, G2A sells bad keys and G2A refuses to assist or refund people unless they use (and pay for?!) a "guarantee" service that includes software to remotely view your computer. That's just honest truth. If you want to continue getting your panties knotted because the truth is interfering with your money making... well, go get a real job.
Ok last response before I block your idiocy. You are just plain wrong about everything, especially my motivations. You are entitled to an opinion, but that's not what you are doing, you are spreading disinformation and exaggerating. You're just an axe grinding troll who's thread crapping. So whatever, I'll post in my op when things come up and you can crap all you want. And yes I modified my Op, because I want the truth to be read before the lies. Pity I had to do anything to defend a simple good price on a game that people want.

I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with G2A. In the past couple months, I just built my first PC. So I wanted to get a few solid older games for cheap. So I got DiRT 3, MW2 & MW3, and Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition. The initial key they gave me for all for all of them have worked, and still work. Plus, I like the fact that since I saved money on these games, I can donate some of my savings to charity. I like the G2A protection plan they have too.

Also, I use PayPal just incase.

Thankfully everyone else can read the actual truth even if you blocked me in a little princess hissy fit :p

Funny that you'd ask for first person stories and then dismiss them as "exaggerating" or "spreading disinformation".  I have nothing to gain from stopping people from buying from G2A.  I get nothing if they do and nothing if they don't.  I'm just saying what my experience was (as well as some common sense remarks about the state of regional publishing and keys these days).

You, on the other hand, admit you sell on the site (then edit in a "but nothing now" after being called on it), drop in a referral link "by mistake", etc.  Yeah, it's obviously me who has the motivation to "exaggerate" here :lol:

Here's a fun tip: when 60% of your OP has to be about defending how the place you're promoting isn't a shady site... it's probably a shady site.

Plus, I like the fact that since I saved money on these games, I can donate some of my savings to charity.
If you didn't save enough on video games, you wouldn't donate to charity?

All the "I bought some stuff there and nothing happened to me" is like "Go ahead and walk down that dark alley. I did it and I was fine! Sure, some people get stabbed, and a lot more than who get stabbed on Main Street, but I wasn't so it must be safe..."

Thankfully everyone else can read the actual truth even if you blocked me in a little princess hissy fit :p

Funny that you'd ask for first person stories and then dismiss them as "exaggerating" or "spreading disinformation". I have nothing to gain from stopping people from buying from G2A. I get nothing if they do and nothing if they don't. I'm just saying what my experience was (as well as some common sense remarks about the state of regional publishing and keys these days).

You, on the other hand, admit you sell on the site (then edit in a "but nothing now") after being called on it, drop in a referral link "by mistake", etc. Yeah, it's obviously me who has the motivation to "exaggerate" here :lol:

Here's a fun tip: when 60% of your OP has to be about defending how the place you're promoting isn't a shady site... it's probably a shady site.
g2a, and cdkeys are the most common referral advertised site on here.

Pretty much the same as pirating a game if not worse. Likely stolen CD keys will end up causing publishers more trouble than someone torrenting instead.

If you didn't save enough on video games, you wouldn't donate to charity?

All the "I bought some stuff there and nothing happened to me" is like "Go ahead and walk down that dark alley. I did it and I was fine! Sure, some people get stabbed, and a lot more than who get stabbed on Main Street, but I wasn't so it must be safe..."
Would you stop being a pissy bitch if I paid you $19.99 for a retail season pass for Watch Dogs? Jesus Christ man.

Don't question me as a humanitarian just because you are butthurt from a $4 loss 3 months ago.

Pretty much the same as pirating a game if not worse. Likely stolen CD keys will end up causing publishers more trouble than someone torrenting instead.
Another genius.. Hmm, because I'm all knowing I will assume that all keys are stolen and make this witty comment. Again dumb critical thinking skills courtesy of the U.S Education system.

Would you stop being a pissy bitch if I paid you $19.99 for a retail season pass for Watch Dogs? Jesus Christ man.

Don't question me as a humanitarian just because you are butthurt from a $4 loss 3 months ago.
Ah, yes. See, if you call someone a "pissy bitch" and "butthurt" then their valid criticisms and experiences stop existing! It's magic! :lol:

You're welcome to give me $20 though. It won't change my opinion on G2A or make me stop talking about it but you can pretend that you're donating to charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back