* * - - - 25 votes

Official G2A Thread - BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT 24.40, The Witcher 3 27.69

Steam PC g2a steam pc steam codes

#151 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:21 PM

... I LEFT a reply on the thread you started about G2A. I posted the same set of links.

The thread is now gone. So tell me. Why is it gone?

https://www.cheapass...hreads-deleted/

I posted that days ago as a question to the mods, and then contacted Cheapy directly. Thus the title. Start your own thread if there isn't already one available.

#152 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1664 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:23 PM

Sigh, the twitter is just the ranting of a developer who disagrees with reselling so most definitely in discussions, the polygon article is more of the same. Bad people trick companies and then resell keys. So more discussion material. Take the discussion to the other thread I'm sure it will be just as thrilling. 

If you want this thread to have any chance of being legitimate, those links need to be in the OP. People need to be presented with both sides of an issue to make an informed decision. If you leave them out, people can instead read the thread and look at everything that's been posted, which would be far from beneficial to your arguments.

If you don't post those links, this thread needs to be moved to the referrals section, because that's all it is without providing those plausible examples of what could potentially happen. Every trade thread on this site has to do the same thing, so there's no reason you shouldn't be held to the same standard, whether Cheapy makes money off that company or not.

#153 TheCochese   TheLegend CAGiversary!   13962 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:25 PM

Let him have his thread. It will quickly sink to the bottom and will be as relevant as the site is legit.

I knew of the shadiness of the site for a long time, but honestly OP, your continued actions like you have some sort of financial stake in the site did more to convince me to never use it as anything else. It doesn't matter if that's true or not, you gave it validity by your actions.

#154 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

I don't get why you just can't admit that there IS risk using this site or sites like it. Its out there. There is proof of it. People just want people to know whats going on rather than turn a blind eye to it.

This isn't the same has buying from Amazon or Steam so people have the right to know there are risk involved.

I don't agree at all with this thread being allowed but if it must then there should at least be a compromise and allow people to know the risk and rewards and make their own decision on what to do.

I have never actually said there isn't a risk, but G2A offer insurance so risk mitigated right ? I also said in the Op I have chose not to use the insurance and had not had any issues, but as a seller I did have someone file a complaint against me. My key was good but I still took a feedback hit. I also said within the thread choosing a seller with the highest feedback is wise. My responses are measured and not inflammatory like some others because I don't see G2A as evil but rather middle men facilitating a need. If CAG had such a comprehensive system rather than the multiple threads that serve a similar purpose I would trade more here. I already buy plenty of UV codes from folks which are technically not supposed to be resold either. The clever debaters in here will cut and slice just enough to promote their points of view, it feels like Fox News to me.

I was just looking at other reseller threads to see if I was being stubborn and they dont all contain buyer beware statements, so I have already posted a link to the discussion area, if someone wants to create a I hate G2A thread I'll include a direct link so you can all share your opinions, but I will not put questionable twitter conversations, other sites opinions of reselling in general or biased reporting in my Op.

As an example heres one of the most active trading threads on CAG.

https://www.cheapass...before-posting/

And this is not a trade thread, it's promoting G2A deals, I'm not even going to make a judgement as to if all keys are resold or if they do sell as an  authorized dealer for some games.

#155 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4661 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:34 PM

... it feels like Fox News to me.

jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif

This has to be the worst insult I've ever read on CAG. 

#156 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20938 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

Here you go guys, let me know if the OP needs any changes/additions, etc:

https://www.cheapass...766-more-deals/

#157 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8792 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

I posted that days ago as a question to the mods, and then contacted Cheapy directly. Thus the title. Start your own thread if there isn't already one available.

That thread was still there this morning. It was still there after Cheapy deleted four pages from this thread.

You created a thread. I posted a legit reply. Then the thread is nuked when there was no reason for it to be nuked.

So why should I create a new thread when there was a perfectly good one already? What was the reasoning that got it deleted?

I did say I gave up, didn't I? Why am I still bothering?

#158 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

Here you go guys, let me know if the OP needs any changes/additions, etc:

https://www.cheapass...766-more-deals/

Not insulting enough; new OP seems untrustworthy. 4/5 stars.

#159 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:47 PM

That thread was still there this morning. It was still there after Cheapy deleted four pages from this thread.

You created a thread. I posted a legit reply. Then the thread is nuked when there was no reason for it to be nuked.

So why should I create a new thread when there was a perfectly good one already? What was the reasoning that got it deleted?

I did say I gave up, didn't I? Why am I still bothering?

I would have thought that was obvious, I don't want to be a part of that discussion. 

#160 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20938 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:50 PM

Just in case you guys want to weigh in:

https://www.cheapass...in-deals-forum/

#161 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8792 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:50 PM

I would have thought that was obvious, I don't want to be a part of that discussion. 

So you're admitting to asking the thread be deleted because it made you look bad.

Okay! Topic fucking over. I'm done.

P.S.

Douglas Adams would be ashamed of you. Or write a book about you. You sound like the kind of person Arthur Dent had to deal with his entire ife.

#162 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:12 PM

So you're admitting to asking the thread be deleted because it made you look bad.

Okay! Topic fucking over. I'm done.

P.S.

Douglas Adams would be ashamed of you. Or write a book about you. You sound like the kind of person Arthur Dent had to deal with his entire ife.

I was going to say something friendly and complementary about your reference to Douglas Adams but frankly I'm exhausted by the continual attacks. So peace be with you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steam PC, g2a, steam, pc, steam codes