Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4/X1) $41.99 via Amazon

I want to play it so bad but I haven't even played The Witcher and Arkham Knight is two weeks out :(

I feel like it'll be $40 at BB before the end of summer. Maybe even $30 but I doubt it.

Wonder if BBY would PM and GCU would still apply? I'm pretty sure it'd just be the PM, but I would be in for Dark Souls 2 at that price with GCU. I can wait though as I don't have time to play it and would likely not open the game for months with Witcher 3 out and Batman on the horizon, my gaming time is pretty tied up right now.  

Wonder if BBY would PM and GCU would still apply? I'm pretty sure it'd just be the PM, but I would be in for Dark Souls 2 at that price with GCU. I can wait though as I don't have time to play it and would likely not open the game for months with Witcher 3 out and Batman on the horizon, my gaming time is pretty tied up right now.
PM and GCU together is extremely YMMV. I've never gotten it to work at the 2 stores near me but others reported success. I would wait if you can!

PM and GCU together is extremely YMMV. I've never gotten it to work at the 2 stores near me but others reported success. I would wait if you can!
It's been YMMV for me too. Seemed to work until BBY updated their POS system recently. I'll probably wait, I feel like it will be $30 or less around Black Friday.

With Dark Souls 3 about to be announced this will def be down to 39.99 soon everywhere. They should never have made this 60$

Definitely better than PS3 version but going from bloodborne to this is like going from ocarina of time to Zelda II

ok maybe not that drastic but bloodborne is so damn smooth and beautiful

Definitely better than PS3 version but going from bloodborne to this is like going from ocarina of time to Zelda II

Bloodbornes framerate is noticeably worse than SotfS. It does look damn good though. But as far a smooth goes SotfS wins that. Both are great games.

Playing this game on the 360 as we speak. Did not feel the need to spend 4-5X the $ for essentially the same game with some tweeks and DLCs on current gen system or PC. The frame rate is 10 fps faster than the PS3 version on average. The trade off is constant light screen tearing. It is essentially as smooth as Bloodborne for the most part. After playing DS1 on a last gen console, I don't want to go through that garbage frame rate again on the 2nd game so I rather live with some tearing on the 360. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Both are great games.
uGY6cqY.gif

Those aren't glitches, they're how the hitboxes in the game "work", i.e. they don't.
i have put 70 hrs into SotfS on PS4 and thats never happened once. I doubt its happened to you either. I can also pull random gifs from the internet of things ive never experienced in games...

Last edited by a moderator:
i have put 70 hrs into SotfS on PS4 and thats never happened once. I doubt its happened to you either. I can also pull random gifs from the internet of things ive never experienced in games...
That's cute that you think it's never happened to you before. I've played this game a considerable amount and cannot count the times the game has disappointed me. Put aside the "glitches" as you ingeniously put it, the laundry list of shortcomings is almost never ending:

Soul Memory
Useless Covenants
Horrible implementation of PvP
Terrible level design
No sense of discovery because of countless bonfires
"Difficulty" for difficulty's sake
Story so nonsensical they had to patch it
DLC with recycled enemies, bosses, areas
Dragon Aerie
Timed torch system is useless because of downgraded visuals
HP/Spell recovery is a joke

That's just off the top of my head

That's cute that you think it's never happened to you before. I've played this game a considerable amount and cannot count the times the game has disappointed me. Put aside the "glitches" as you ingeniously put it, the laundry list of shortcomings is almost never ending:

Soul Memory
Useless Covenants
Terrible level design
Dragon Aerie

Thats cute that you think your opinion is fact. Those "shortcomings" are 100% opinion. The only thing that is a joke is your poor attempt at trolling.

Soul Memory
Useless Covenants
Terrible level design
Dragon Aerie

No hit box issues for me with over 120 hrs put in. I also have no issues with the things you call shortcomings. Dark Souls 2 is a great game easily worth $40. You're trying to hard to be negative and spouting opinion as truth. Stop trying to derial the topic.

Im about 40ish in the X1 version. I haven't had a lot of BS hitbox kills like the poster above put(they could be from an earlier version or the last gen versions) but it has happened here and there. Personally as a massive DS1 fan(400ish hours between PC and X360), I really have enjoyed 2. If anything cause it encourages a lot more co-op and PVP play(though as in DS1 a lot of the PVP is broken due to lag) and I really enjoy both. I do agree with The Dead Texan in regards to Soul Memory(have to wear Agape ring so I don't get too experienced). Unfortunately the biggest drawback of playing your second Souls game is that(for myself and many others) the anxiety of moving forward is not the same as it was in my first playthrough of DS1, but this comes with experience.

bread's done
Back