Possible Blockbuster/Gamerush trade in deal

Hope this can go here. I can't confirm it personally so I didn't put it on the Post your deals board.

Someone at GameFAQS posted a topic saying that Blockbuster/Gamerush has a deal going on where you can trade in any 2 next gen games and get a used game for $9.99.No exclusions, even for sports titles.

Can anyone confirm this? I called several BB stores but they were all clueless. Might just be Gamerush only promotion.

I haven't heard of this yet either...I work next to a blockbuster, so I will check it out next time I work to let everyone know

I can confirm this. You will also receive the trade in value of the two games you trade in! So if both games are worth $5 trade in you will not even have to pay the $9.99.

[quote name='jboy']I can confirm this. You will also receive the trade in value of the two games you trade in! So if both games are worth $5 trade in you will not even have to pay the $9.99.[/quote]

Did you ask an employee or did you see a lil flyer thing they have lying around? I just stopped by one and couldn't find a flyer for it and the only employee there was busy so I didn't bother to wait and ask...

ANY used game?

EDIT: I just called and got a different story. He told me if I traded in ANY game, I get $9.99 off any game $39.99 and above. I was about to hang up and then he told me to hold and started to talk to another employee in the background. He said something like, "Hey, isn't it if you trade in two games you get one for $9.99? Yeah", replied the other employee. I was kinda puzzled so I verified that the "trade one in get $10 off" deal was the deal he was talking about, he said yes so I just hung up.

Ok. I will try to clear up a few things. Blockbuster/Gamerush is running three different promontions. The first is like Xboxmaster said, trade in any NEXT GEN game and get 10 bucks of any NEW game. Next is buy one USED game get one half off. The third deal is actually dead at my BB but it was trade in any two PS1 PS2 GC XBOX games and get any USED game for $9.99. I hope this helps because the third deal is now REALLY YMMV.

Any 2 games can be tradede in. only ps1, ps2, GBA, Cube, xbox games are available as the 9.99 game. The 2 games "Activate" the sale, so whatever they come up as for trade-in, can go right tward the 9.99 game.

I traded in Splinter cell(xbox, thanks BB) and Disney Kitchen (PS1) and got Mario Kart DD (priced 44.99) for 9.99, but with those traded in games, i had an out of pocket $1.09.

I think i may do this with my shitty ps1 games and get Metal Gear for GC and POP for cube or xbox. This is a great freakin deal!

Yep, this deal is unbelievable. I've picked up about 15 games in the last few days for about $150 total (including what I paid for the games I traded in). Sticker price on the games were anywhere from $29.99-$39.99.

bread's done
Back