Free Arcade Token Giveaway 2015 - Free Games, Danger Prizes & Tasty Spam

jwa73

CAGiversary!
[attachment=14941:blue.jpg][attachment=14942:blue 1.jpg]
[attachment=14943:Red.jpg][attachment=14944:Red 1.jpg]

The Free Collectible Arcade Token giveaway is back! Same rules as last year, only this time there are seven different secret words, and the more you collect, the more chances you get to win. Simply find the secret words, send in your mailing address, get a collectible arcade token in the mail. You're also entered to win a PlayStation TV with your choice of game, an Amiibo Figure Bundle, and one of 20 different games, and the awesome SPAM PRIZE!

This year they're also doing something new with the DANGER PRIZES. This is stuff nobody will want to win including Burger King video games, a Cat Simulator video game and a bag full of pennies.

Here's a list of the games. It's first come, first served. They're giving away tokens to the first 500 people who enter. The prizes are also first come, first served. So the first winner gets first pick of the games, and so on.

GRAND PRIZES:
  • PlayStation TV + One Game: Your Choice of Persona 4, Killzone or Dragon's Dogma
  • Amiibo Figure Set: Splatoon Inkling Girl and Boy, Silver Mario

GAMES, GAMES, GAMES!!!:
  • Zombi U (Nintendo Wii U)
  • Wii Sing w/ Microphone (Nintendo Wii U)
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Nintendo 3DS)
  • Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo 3DS)
  • The Sims 3 (Nintendo 3DS)
  • Gravity Rush (PS Vita)
  • The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
  • Destiny with Hardcover Guide Book (PS4)
  • Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
  • Watch Dogs (Xbox One)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox One)
  • The Crew (Xbox One)
  • Bioshock: Ultimate Rapture Edition (Xbox 360)
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Xbox 360)
  • Dark Souls II (Xbox 360)
  • Midway Arcade Classics (Xbox 360)
  • Midnight Club Los Angeles: Complete Edition (Xbox 360)
  • MotorStorm: Pacific Rim (PS3)
  • Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (PS3)
  • Aliens VS Predator (PC)
  • Donkey Kong Jr Game and Watch Mini Classics (Handheld LCD Game)
  • Super Mario Bros Game and Watch Mini Classics (Handheld LCD Game
And this year they have added a little danger to the contest.

The DANGER PRIZES - The Prizes Nobody Wants to Win!!:
  • Burger King Xbox / Xbox 360 Game Package (Three Games)
  • Purr Pals Purrfection (Nintendo 3DS)
  • Some Zombie Game for Mobile (iOS / Android)
  • Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (Xbox 360)
  • A Literal Bag of Pennies with Numbers Written on Them
[attachment=14945:George_A_Romero_Zine.jpg]

This year they're also giving out a special Zombie Zine to the first 100 people who reply. It's called Zine of the Living Dead. Here's a pic from their site showing George A. Romero giving the zine his seal of approval.

Last year a number of CAG users actually won prizes. I think we took the majority of the prizes! (Link)

Please come back and post in this topic if you win a prize this year.

T

More information, rules and a must read disclaimer on the site. Good luck!

http://digthatbox.com/free_arcade_token_give_away_2015.html

I've been lucky enough to get the coins every year. Hope to again
Here is a pic of the last two years. I have every year but they are in my case . Yet to set these in cases .
[attachment=15001:image.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I just received the following from Dig That Box:

Pssst! Wanna hear a secret?

We created an exclusive token for the 2015 Portland Retro Gaming Expo. It
won't be revealed for at least a week. The first 50 people who responded
to the give away contest will also receive the exclusive PRGE 2015 coin.

All tokens and prizes are shipping the week after next. Prize winners will
also be contacted that week.

Keep that under your hat!

(Well... ok, I wouldn't mind if this info got leaked to a place like Atari
Age or Cheap Ass Gamer.)

[attachment=17735:pRGE_Coin_A.jpg][attachment=17736:pRGE_Coin_B.jpg]

So it appears that digthatbox.com has a brand new coin they created for the portland retro gaming expo.

You can get this coin at the show. If you can't go to the PRGE you can join their "collector's club." I guess all you have to do is have 5 or more of their previous collectible coins. Then you just send them a picture of your coins to their contact email.

Here's the link to the info about the Portland Retro Gaming Expo giveaway.

http://digthatbox.com/prge_2015_arcade_token_give_away.html

And here's a long awaited update on the mailing process for the E3 Expo coins. Prizes and coins are being mailed November 1st. It also gives details about how to join the collector's club.

http://digthatbox.com/2015.10.11_arch.html#1444870536109

More from the site:

"It has been several months since we first announced our 2015 Arcade Token Give Away. Since that time we have been busy packaging coins, stuffing envelopes, and checking addresses. We are finally ready to announce that we will start mailing tokens on November 1st. Prize winners will also be notified during this time.
We have also created a brand new collectible arcade token in honor of the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. You can learn more about this cool new coin HERE. If you can't make it to the show, do not worry, we have created a way for you to receive this coin, and all future coins for the following year.
We would also like to announce our new "Collector's Club." This club will allow anyone who has at least 5 of our previous tokens. All you need to do is send a picture of your collection to our contact email address. [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>. The club is limited to 100 members. Being a member guarantees that you will receive all the new coins for the upcoming year.

If you have already entered our contest for this year, be sure to let us know in your email. Also, if you are a member of Cheap Ass Gamer or Atari Age.com, please put the name of either site in the subject line of your email. We will make sure you get a token.

Special thanks to everyone who has supported this wonderful promotion. Without your support none of this would be possible. Thank you also for your patience during the long wait to receive new tokens. This is a very time consuming process and the entire mailing is always handled by one person. In the future we have plans to streamline the contest and mailing process, so that you get your coins soon after they are revealed on our site. Stay tuned!

I received an email from Elliott Thomas at Digthatbox.com stating that I have won Midway Arcade Classics for the Xbox 360.

In the email, he states that you have 72 hours to confirm your address in order to accept your prize. I just wanted to pass on this information so that everyone who entered would be on the lookout for a winning confirmation email. The email was not in my spam box, but you guys might want to check there to be sure.

The email was sent to me on Thursday, November 19 at 1:06 am Eastern Time from Elliott Thomas at Digthatbox.com

I hope this helps!

Kindly,

GregSal1

I won The Last of Us Remastered for PS4.

Loved it on PS3, so it'll be nice to have the definitive version.

Got my tokens, including the one from the Retro Gaming Expo. No prize this year, but no biggie since I won a 3DS game last year.

Thanks, Dig That Box!!!

The collectible arcade token giveaway at Dig That Box is back. As you probably know these folks do a countdown each year which leads up to the reveal of their news coins. The end of the countdown is when they usually announce their yearly contest and giveaway.

They've been posting secret words every Friday. If you collect them all it gives you seven entries in the contest. The first person to enter the contest also wins a prize. CAG members have won prizes for the last 3 years running.

Here's a link to the countdown.

http://digthatbox.com/arcade_token_gallery_2016.html

And here's the first two secret words:

Super Mario Bros

Sonic the Hedgehog

Seem to be going with a mascot theme. Maybe that's a clue? Anyway... the secret words are posted Friday night and deleted on the following Monday.

Good luck everyone! Be sure to let us know if you win! 

I did not see word 6 this last weekend.  Any idea if this will pick back up now that we're after Mothers' Day Weekend?

Last edited by a moderator:
i enter this  contest every year and have literally every single token. my favorite is the 5th year coin but the 7th looks awesome

bread's done
Back