HOT! Ratchet & Clank - PlayStation 4 $39.99 Order now before price hike

dtrader69

CAGiversary!
Order now before price hike later.

If price falls or there is a e3 deal, you can reorder or contact Amazon rep for adjustment.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http://www.amazon.ca/Sony-Computer-Entertainment-Canada-3000917/dp/B00ZDJB688/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&sr=1-8&tag=cheapassgamers01-20&camp=213385&creative=390985&linkCode=as4&qid=1434119840

EXPIRED

Update:

• Coupon code PREORDER10 at checkout to receive a 10% discount off
Offer is only valid for orders placed between 2:00PM PDT (5:00 PM ET) June 30, 2015, and 7:00 AM PDT (10:00 AM ET) July 2, 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon.com has it for the same price. I doubt it's an error. Most likely will be $44.99-$49.99 here.
You might be right. I thought it was going to be R&C 4, a whole new adventure but I read too fast... it's another damn remake or revamping of old elements from the first game...

I pre-ordered just for the pricing which seemed ridiculous at the time, but I'm cancelling my order now.

You might be right. I thought it was going to be R&C 4, a whole new adventure but I read too fast... it's another damn remake or revamping of old elements from the first game...

I pre-ordered just for the pricing which seemed ridiculous at the time, but I'm cancelling my order now.
??

it is a new game based on the description:

• A new Ratchet & Clank adventure based on the movie (based on the 2002 PS2 game).
  • A deeper version of the origin story, with over an hour of cinematics, including footage from the feature film
  • All-new visuals showcase the power of the PlayStation 4
  • Collect a massive arsenal including new weapons and fan-favorites from across the entire series.
  • Several new planets, new and updated gameplay segments, all-new flight sequences, all-new Clank gameplay, and all-new boss battles.

they are making a movie for R&C, and this game looks to be a movie->game game (at least based on the descriptions, i am sure we'll hear about this in E3)

I read it as they are taking the original first ps2 game & adding a couple new abilities, levels & movie cg clips to make a quick buck as a movie tie in game to hook little kids into the franchise.

I read it as they are taking the original first ps2 game & adding a couple new abilities, levels & movie cg clips to make a quick buck as a movie tie in game to hook little kids into the franchise.
that doesn't match up with the description then, since the ps2 game never had clank...and new bosses (which means new levels)

??

it is a new game based on the description:

• A new Ratchet & Clank adventure based on the movie (based on the 2002 PS2 game).
  • A deeper version of the origin story, with over an hour of cinematics, including footage from the feature film
  • All-new visuals showcase the power of the PlayStation 4
  • Collect a massive arsenal including new weapons and fan-favorites from across the entire series.
  • Several new planets, new and updated gameplay segments, all-new flight sequences, all-new Clank gameplay, and all-new boss battles.

they are making a movie for R&C, and this game looks to be a movie->game game (at least based on the descriptions, i am sure we'll hear about this in E3)
In any case, it's still a game that's going to pop up at around $50 like OmegaChaos said, making it a 20% rebate, which is not as appealing as what I thought it was going to be.

With so many broken games at release and my own personal backlog, I'm not pre-ordering anything unless there's a valuable perk and this doesn't cut it anymore for me.

I can wait for the game to release and drop down during Black Friday or whichever sale occurs.

here is the latest scoop

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/10/heres-your-first-look-at-ratchet-clank-on-ps4/

can't wait!

"We knew early on that we didn’t want to just up-res Ratchet & Clank for PS2. We started out thinking of Ratchet & Clank (PS4) as a “re-imagining” of the 2002 original, revised to tie in with the deeper version of Ratchet’s origin story as seen in the film. We envisioned a curated Ratchet & Clank experience that borrowed from the spirit of the classic PS2 titles while infusing some of the best elements from the Ratchet & Clank Future games.

We ended up with a new game, with elements based on the original – but now with modern controls, several new planets, new and updated gameplay segments, all-new Clank gameplay, all new boss fights, new flight sequences, and more, all constructed to take advantage of the PS4’s graphical prowess. Throw in James Arnold Taylor as Ratchet, and you have a new beginning."

Regardless, IF the price happens to go up... we're good. Plus, as mentioned above.. Amazon doesn't charge until shipping. Thanks OP!

for everyone that pre-ordered this game, as expected there is a pre-order sale going on...

if there is another pre-order that you want from this list http://www.amazon.ca...ert&pf_rd_t=201

I suggest you cancel ratchet order, then re-order it along with another title and use

• Coupon code E3SAVE20 at checkout to receive a 20% discount on two pre-order games.
  • Coupon code E3SAVE30 at checkout to receive a 30% discount on three or more pre-order games.
I will also update OP

EXPIRED

EXPIRED

Update:
Save 10% on select pre-order games, including those announced at E3.
http://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&camp=15121&creative=390961&linkCode=ur2&tag=cheapassgamers01-20&node=10533376011&pf_rd_i=B00YSWI9YK&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_p=2105475142&pf_rd_r=1NA8M11SMSX4J25QR8QX&pf_rd_s=product-alert&pf_rd_t=201

This promotion is governed by the below terms and conditions:
You must have one qualifying pre-order game in your cart and you must enter the promotion code PREORDER10 at checkout to receive a 10% discount on one qualifying pre-order game.
Offer is only valid for orders placed between 2:00PM PDT (5:00 PM ET) June 30, 2015, and 7:00 AM PDT (10:00 AM ET) July 2, 2015
Offer only valid on items listed on this page and excludes: All Skylanders, Disney Infinity, LEGO Dimensions; all Collector’s Editions, Limited Editions, Gold Editions, Limited Collector’s Editions; all consoles and accessories.
You may purchase a maximum of 2 units of any one game.

My game just shipped!!!!!!! 

Can't wait :)

If you didn't pre-order before when it was cheap, it is now $48.99 :)  Can't say I didn't tell you about the price hike...heh

Like I said before, it was obvious how the game would cost $50 here. If you haven't pre-ordered before, just buy it off PSN at this point. $50 with no tax.

bread's done
Back