Amazon Bonus Deal of the Day: Up to 67% Off "Game of Thrones: Seasons 1-4 Collection" (DVD: $89.99; Bluray: $104.99)

For anyone who already owns this, is this a good price for this set or can individual seasons be had for cheaper?

Also, would it be better to get the inevitable complete series instead?

For anyone who already owns this, is this a good price for this set or can individual seasons be had for cheaper?

Also, would it be better to get the inevitable complete series instead?
Cheapest BluRay season sets have gone as cheap as $20, though that was for S1-3 when S4 came out. The newest season that comes out usually doesn't drop down below $30 for a while. $20 + $20 + $20 + $30 would be $90, which is cheaper than the $104.99 offered here.

Complete series, assuming they only do the 7 seasons proposed, wouldn't come out until late 2017 or early 2018. If they do a S8, which would be in 2018, that would delay the late 2017/early 2018 back another year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapest BluRay season sets have gone as cheap as $20, though that was for S1-3 when S4 came out. The newest season that comes out usually doesn't drop down below $30 for a while. $20 + $20 + $20 + $30 would be $90, which is cheaper than the $104.99 offered here.

Complete series, assuming they only do the 7 seasons proposed, wouldn't come out until late 2017 or early 2018. If they do a S8, which would be in 2018, that would delay the late 2017/early 2018 back another year.
What retailer was this with? I'll be honest I haven't been tracking the prices for Game of Thrones at all, but according to CCC the lowest price for Season 2 and 3 on Amazon has been $29.99. Unless they came out with a vanilla version like they did for Season 1 that I am unaware of? I've been trying to justify buying the Bluray versions, but I've been having a hard time since I can stream for free on demand and one of my family members bought Season 1-4 on the GooglePlay Store.

Best Buy has had them in the past for $20, at least S1 & S2.  I think S3 was also $20 in the past, though I may be incorrect about that one.

Best Buy had S1 and S2 for $20 on Black Friday weekend 2013, but I'm pretty sure S3 has never been $20 (if it ever was, I missed it and would've bought it).  They recently released a newer version of S1 with less fancy packaging that was $20 for quite awhile, so that season will probably drop back to that price soon enough and maybe they'll do the same thing with the other seasons.

bread's done
Back