CAGcast #410: He's Like The Wind

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat,

If you back up your PS4 to an external before you replace the HDD you can keep the P.T. game.

I deleted everything except P.T. then performed a backup to a USB stick, replaced the HDD with 2TB and just restored from the USB stick, then just downloaded and/or re-installed from discs.

I defended Bethesda's DLC in last week's show topic, but Wombat talking about how Broken Steel was necessary to keep playing was a factor I forgot about. I only played Fallout 3 to completion like 2 years ago, so it wasn't an issue I ran into. But yeah, that is a pretty shitty situation. The actual content of the DLC, however, is still great. So I guess this is just yet another argument for waiting to pick up and play games rather than getting them at launch.

A few years ago I tried to watch the Clone Wars movie (which came before the TV series), being a huge Star Wars fan and all. And I couldn't get past like 30 minutes. It was just too kiddie for me. And I even don't mind watching cartoons and crap still. I still want to give it another try someday, but I have to agree with Shipwreck's thoughts on it so far.

tumblr_lurl43Bk3O1qg0rnuo1_500.jpg

wombat you're wrong the scene isnt 'whats a sorny' the scene went like this...

Homer: *gasps* Look at these low, low prices on famous brand-name electronics!
Bart: Don't be a sap, Dad. These are just crappy knock-offs.
Homer: Pfft. I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see it. And look, there's Magnetbox and Sorny.

Wombat I don't think it's just you when it comes to Last Guardian. I didn't see the fascination with Ico or Shadows either for me to care about this game.

Not even 2 years into PS4/X1 lifespan, and I've got a suspicion the conversation is already going to turn to VR with Oculus/Morpheus. It's like Kinect/Move all over again except way sooner in the consoles' lifespan. Even though I'm sure I'll take the plunge and pickup a VR device, I think it's a drag to see the hype train for the accessory expansion when such a dearth of content has been released up to this point (HD remakes are nice but don't count).

The movie and season one of the Clone Wars cartoon is very kiddie focused. It gets better on but you might be better if starting with the new show Star Wars Rebels.

Wombat,

If you back up your PS4 to an external before you replace the HDD you can keep the P.T. game.

I deleted everything except P.T. then performed a backup to a USB stick, replaced the HDD with 2TB and just restored from the USB stick, then just downloaded and/or re-installed from discs.
How long does that take? Wombat wants to do it as cleanly and easily as possible. Don't make him stick to his Xbox One!

Great episode guides, and I think Shipwreck gave the show an alternate title, but since it's been 12 hours since I listened to this episode I forgot about it.

If Wombat won't go to an Expo, maybe he'll like Eternal Con in Garden City.

It's too bad Shipwreck is busy with his garage, since he'll tell you how crazy/fun Splatoon is, considering Wombat's multi-platform news and stuff only extends to two consoles and the 3DS if he can pry the system off his daughter's strong hands.

Surprised nobody here is talking about iZombie, a show as fun as the Flash, even if it gets quite gross at times. Is this something you can't one because it's definitely not for children?

Shipwreck had a genius idea.

I didn't include Mr. Fantastic - no good pics of him

Quicksilver would be the character with highest rating.

Hulk could dunk at any range.

It would be funny to see or not see the Invisible Woman play, a ball bouncing on its own.

Human Torch would always be on fire like in NBA Jam.

Just unlimited possibilities.

Marvel%203%20on%203%20copy_zpsnugr0meh.jpg

My local Best Buy is the worst.  It was slightly bearable when they had a register in the video game section.  Even after the wait to find the one guy they had, he at least knew what his job was.  I've been in several times because of a price I've seen online only to be told, "It's never been that price before." 

I've been in twice to spend a few hundred bucks and before I get to the section to even look around I get to pass 5 groups of workers talking amongst themselves.  When I get to the department there's no one around.  I've had several visits where I've spent hours and not spent a dime.  It's a 45 minute drive in the most clustered traffic in my area, I just usually say screw it and go to Target, Wal-Mart or Gamestop.

Excellent show gentleman, Cheapy why didn't you dub Wombat's voice in with the Swayze at the end?

You guys are completely oblivious to Destiny.... The Taken King is going to be announced at E3 and it's been leaked for awhile now.  And why the hate Shipwreck?  Instead of spending my freetime playing small amounts of every game on the planet, I'll hang with my friends and my guardians.  Wombat I promise you the game is far from boring if you find a regular group of friends that play the game on a regular basis.  There are things to look forward to every week and you'll get to 34 pretty easily if you start to play the game.

Ship I'm going to checkout 16-Bit Barcade (or whatever it's called), but wonder about the safety of OTR :)

I dread going to the Target in Atlantic Avenue, ie the one CheapyD is going to when Shipwreck comes to town, unless Wombat takes them all to HIS Target. I've had soso experiences with Best Buy. One thing is true, the employees need more training.

Won't CheapyD leave Manhattan for the Barcade in Brooklyn. And him going to Brighton Beach to master his ping pong skills? Fugetaboutit!

Great show as always.  Regarding the idea that PC will never stream to Xbox, what if windows 10 opens a PC games marketplace within the xbox app, and one of the advantages is that PC games bought through Microsoft can be streamed to xbox.  Would that change your future PC gaming purchases?

Also, wombat cutting off cheapy just before going into an explanation of what Pillars of is was fantastic.  Both in Wombats timing and cheapy rolling with it.  Best laugh of the episode. 

Clone Wars is excellent as a whole.  You just have look past some of the kid focused shows.  Somewhere along the lines the producers seemed to make kid focused episodes or arcs instead of sprinkling it all over the place.  That being said there is a three part arc in the first season that was better than the prequel movies, and I am not one who hates the prequels.

If Microsoft allows cross-buy I am not sure what the incentive for streaming from PC to the Xbox for Microsoft.  That being said I am not sure they would be against allowing people to stream from the PC to the Xbox one if you bought the game from the Microsoft store. 

Maybe I am not just a Bethesda guy, but I thought the Fallout trailer was underwhelming.  It looked a lot like the last one to me, but I didn't play it so maybe I am not seeing the  smaller details that have been improved.

I agree with ShipWreck, developers need to stop releasing Early Access games. The trend leans on developers taking the most money from eager gamers and running away with the cash. Case in point H1Z1, the zombie survivor game creator has left after early access, and the game is left unfinished, stuck in limbo.

Sorry Cheapy, Early Access is more of a cash grab than a way for struggling, indie developers to sustain themselves through the creation process.

Changing the subject to BestBuy. During my short time at the retailer, in my college years, the store manager emphasized on protecting the merchandised than customer service. I was instructed to be suspicious of teenagers wearing large, oversized coats in summer to the handicap on wheelchairs. Yes, people on wheelchairs were said to steal up to 32-inch television if left unsupervised.

To all shoppers thinking of going to BestBuy, beware. You might be a targeted as a thief. Again, beware.

Wombat's dislike for Team Ico games disturbs me. I would buy Shipwreck's Marvel Baller game. Cheapy D sounds like you are moving to my neighborhood.Welcome back to LI.

Excellent show gentleman, Cheapy why didn't you dub Wombat's voice in with the Swayze at the end?

You guys are completely oblivious to Destiny.... The Taken King is going to be announced at E3 and it's been leaked for awhile now. And why the hate Shipwreck? Instead of spending my freetime playing small amounts of every game on the planet, I'll hang with my friends and my guardians. Wombat I promise you the game is far from boring if you find a regular group of friends that play the game on a regular basis. There are things to look forward to every week and you'll get to 34 pretty easily if you start to play the game.

Ship I'm going to checkout 16-Bit Barcade (or whatever it's called), but wonder about the safety of OTR :)
They're not oblivious, they just don't like MMO style games. To get to 34 you need to grind out rep/marks by doing bounties and strikes. You can't get there solely by doing story missions like a normal RPG.

Wombat, I would buy the shit out of a Marvel Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends remaster collection. I played those games non stop, I loved them. If you ever get a PC able to handle games, you really need to play Marvel Heroes, it's very fun.

They're not oblivious, they just don't like MMO style games. To get to 34 you need to grind out rep/marks by doing bounties and strikes. You can't get there solely by doing story missions like a normal RPG.

Wombat, I would buy the shit out of a Marvel Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends remaster collection. I played those games non stop, I loved them. If you ever get a PC able to handle games, you really need to play Marvel Heroes, it's very fun.
My oblivious comment was about not knowing the Taken King was being announced, not about the game. If you get a regular group of friends together, run the Nightfalls, run the Raids, and PoE's the grind becomes less real.

Funny, I just had a "great" Best Buy experience today. Started about three months ago, I had some rewards to spend. I literally needed nothing so I tired to order a vinyl LP, which they have listed on their site. After a couple of months, they canceled the order because apparently they didn't actually have the record or couldn't get it or some such. They gave me the rewards back and an additional credit for canceling on me. Ok, fine. So I try ordering another record, making sure this one is listed as "in stock". It actually arrives, but it is bent. The packaging was terrible and offered little protection.

Now, with this order, I'd ordered something else also, so I met the $35 for free shipping and I had a coupon I was able to stack on this too. This is an important mention. I jumped on chat to ask if I needed an RMA or a shipping label and I was told take it to the store, they'll take the damaged one and order a new one. In other words, they will do an exchange. Made sense to me and sounded easy enough.

So, I take this record to the store, with packaging and packing slip, and explained to them what was up. First, they looked at me like I took a shit on their counter. Then they told me because they didn't have the record in the store (duh!) they would have to return the one I was holding and I would have to reorder it. I tried to explain to them I just wanted an exchange and they insisted they couldn't do that. I said ok, well what about the coupon I used and the shipping limit that I'd now have to reach again. They basically just said again I'd have to reorder it, completely missing the issue.

I decided I didn't feel like wasting anymore time, so I just left. Got home, called the 888 number, and in ten minutes, the representative on the phone had a new record coming my way and told me they probably wouldn't even want the other one back. I'm hanging on to it, just in case, but wow, what a difference. Of course, I have yet to see the new, undamaged record, but I feel a little better about the transaction now.

I'm someone who used to shop Best Buy regularly but stopped because it just felt to me after Circuit City went away and they had no real competition anymore, they just stopped caring. I've been going back more recently as I feel they've been really competitive on pricing and when I use in store pick up, it's pretty painless. This situation, where they screwed up and should have been able to this resolve quickly, had three different solutions, depending on who I talked to. I'm hoping this comes out ok, but I'm starting to wish I'd just spent the extra $6 or so and bought this at the local record store.

Question for the next CagCast - so with the backwards compatibility for the XBONE and the new streaming to PC with windows 10 - do you think that you will be able to stream the the 360 games to the PC and will thank make any kind of difference in the console business?

Finally listening to this episode and all I can say is that you guys have some terrible BestBuys, I've got two and they tend to know what they are doing. My Targets sound like your BestBuys when it comes to customer service. 

Just got around to listen to the episode and was encouraged to hear Wombat discussing the possibilities of "Returning to Destiny".  I always thought you CAG crew dropped out to soon, missing all the things that make Destiny special.  Despite this weeks "Luke Smith" debacle...I still encourage you to give the "return" a go.  I'll gladly help Shepard you to a Raid level character, so that a true assessment of Destiny can be had from the CAG.

Just shoot me a message via CAG if interested for PSN username.

bread's done
Back