Identity Fraud

I'd start with a free credit report and see if there is anything on it that you didn't open.  Even if there isn't you can issue a fraud alert to the credit companies that will last for 90 days so they'll be on the lookout.  You can also sign up for a program to monitor it.  I pay a few bucks on my paycheck through my job as they offer Legalshield and their credit monitoring service as a option.  https://www.idshield.com/  

During my wireless transfer of data with icloud to my new upgraded iphone someone began purchasing items off my Ebay account. I then realized my email associated with my Ebay account had an additional email assigned in the security section.. the intruder had all of my information and the data transfer was the clear culprit as only a day had passed before this began. 

During my wireless transfer of data with icloud to my new upgraded iphone someone began purchasing items off my Ebay account. I then realized my email associated with my Ebay account had an additional email assigned in the security section.. the intruder had all of my information and the data transfer was the clear culprit as only a day had passed before this began.
what did you do?

Hmm.. I didn't report my phone as hacked to the government, but I should have. I just changed all of my passwords for everything, notified ebay, credit card company(VISA) and bank. I acted very fast but perhaps there was more I should have done... maybe notify the IRS just to get the incident on file should anything occur in the future, a sort of 'insurance' to back you up in a worst case scenario?

All has been ok since.

bread's done
Back