Rock Band 4 (PS4, X1) Out Now - Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit Available for Preorder

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Some links to the bundles, as well as the standalone game, are below. Note that the Band-in-a-Box bundle has an MSRP of $249.99, whereas the Guitar Bundle has one of $129.99. The X1 standalone comes with a legacy adapter for your 360 guitars and drumsets, but costs $79.99; the PS4 can use PS3 instruments out of the gate and is only $59.99. You can also buy a legacy adapter separately, with the MSRP for that being $24.99.

Amazon

Best Buy - Don't forget GCU for 20% off!*
Gamestop

Target

Mad Catz Store

Xbox.com (Digital)

* If you buy GCU online, you'll have to take it to a local store to activate it. However, you'll still get 20% off of the bundle during checkout.  If you're buying at least the guitar bundle, you're basically getting GCU for free ($30).

The Triple Cymbal Expansion Kit is also available for preorder on Mad Catz's website for $49.99, with a release date of "Holiday 2015" (big thanks to BonedChaos for the information).

Most of the past DLC from the previous games will be compatible with this one (and is the main reason I bought an X1), but at least 150 songs will not be compatible. Furthermore, a list of exactly which legacy instruments are compatible with Rock Band 4 can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy moly. Anyone buying this bundle who doesn't already have GCU might as well get a GCU membership and pick it up at Best Buy...

bHOkK66.png

I wish they'd do single-instrument bundles for everything. I want to drum more than anything. Have they revealed the instruments yet?

Bull crap on pre order. Why not make 1st day edition includes extra 30 or 34 tracks on disc instead stupid dlc voucher. I hate game maker this day. The game don't even release they already plans more dlc. Very sad. I pass maybe when it goes 50% or more.

Hmm RockBand or Guitar Hero? 

Guitar Hero changed up their guitar so I don't think you'll be able to swap the guitars between Guitar Hero and Rockband (poo)

As someone who does vocals I hope they make a stand alone game for pre-order available soon.

What I haven't heard a word about is will the new instruments work with the old games on the old system. Such as should I get the Xbone version to use the guitar on 360
I doubt it, myself, since they'd have to find a way to make the wireless protocol work on the older system (i.e. another adapter). That's just concerning the Xbox version, though; I don't know much about the Playstation side and did hear that the instruments already had to use an adapter to work on the PS3, so it might be easier for the instruments to be backwards compatible on that end. Like I said, though, I'm no expert.

Will PO the game only + adapter. My instruments still works just fine! Just glad that harmonix didnt cut off their original fanbase out by making the old instruments obsolete. So yay! Hope the adapter is cheap! Just sucks that alot of the songs/dlc i hve wont work with the new game.

Will Amazon run out of stock on these preorders? Or they're not collector's edition? Some people can make a serious killing on eBay with these if that's the case.

This is one of the bundle games that usually sell out at release day but tends to get restocked often after. The game requires u to have instruments so theyll produce a lot of the bundles to cover the demand.

Thanks OP!  Now to find a good deal on an xbone before then... (cheaper to just buy an xbone than rebuy all my DLC on PS4)

I just want a new guitar and the game. My original perception was that they'd release various bundles, not just one with all the instruments. Guess I may have to wait. I barely use the drums and my old RB2 one takes up a lot of space even broke down.

I doubt it, myself, since they'd have to find a way to make the wireless protocol work on the older system (i.e. another adapter). That's just concerning the Xbox version, though; I don't know much about the Playstation side and did hear that the instruments already had to use an adapter to work on the PS3, so it might be easier for the instruments to be backwards compatible on that end. Like I said, though, I'm no expert.
The older hardware will work with the new game 360-xbone ps3-ps4 including something I hadn't heard of: the rock band stage kit. That being said considering the controller is the same in terms of inputs being made although with newer parts/etc. The signal should transmit the same especially since that'd make the development for old hardware on the new game work automatically. And if so it should work the other way around. At least from xbone to 360 as both were/are wireless

I have no less than 4 guitars sitting in my apartment already, so I'm going to hold off on this. I'd like to see a bundle with game & adapter, I'll pre-order that immediately (despite my lack of an XBO).

All wireless instruments should work.

Wired instruments are up in the air at this point.

This includes the midi adapter for e-kits and ion drum set.

This is one of the bundle games that usually sell out at release day but tends to get restocked often after. The game requires u to have instruments so theyll produce a lot of the bundles to cover the demand.
Didn't they say they would produce almost to order, to avoid having a glut of instruments like last time (also considering a lot of those instruments are still floating around out there)?

Did go into Best Buy yesterday to try and preorder this rock band 4 bundle for Xbox one and wasn't available in store, online only. Strange thing was could preorder guitar hero in store

Didn't they say they would produce almost to order, to avoid having a glut of instruments like last time (also considering a lot of those instruments are still floating around out there)?
That's what I heard, too, but of course, most of the information I've heard is secondhand. I should actually try looking at the official site/forums sometime.

The older hardware will work with the new game 360-xbone ps3-ps4 including something I hadn't heard of: the rock band stage kit. That being said considering the controller is the same in terms of inputs being made although with newer parts/etc. The signal should transmit the same especially since that'd make the development for old hardware on the new game work automatically. And if so it should work the other way around. At least from xbone to 360 as both were/are wireless
That's not what I've heard, and it seemed to make sense to me, as you can't use 360 controllers with the X1/PS3 controllers with the PS4. The reason I've heard for the PS3 instruments possibly working is the fact that they supposedly already had to use an adapter in the first place, but the 360 instruments were basically like 360 controllers and didn't.

That's not what I've heard, and it seemed to make sense to me, as you can't use 360 controllers with the X1/PS3 controllers with the PS4. The reason I've heard for the PS3 instruments possibly working is the fact that they supposedly already had to use an adapter in the first place, but the 360 instruments were basically like 360 controllers and didn't.
From what I've seen:

PS4 controllers will not use a dongle, PS3 wireless controllers will work assuming you still have your dongle for them.

Xbox 360 wireless controllers did not require a dongle before but will require purchasing one to work on the Xbox One.

All previous gen wired controllers should work in RB4. No RB4 instruments will work on past gen platforms.

Don't think I need the band set this time, I barely touched the drums last gen and I still have an untouched drum kit from when I won the Beatles set. I've got 2 or 3 USB mics already. Could use a guitar though.

Oops, double post. So I guess I'll use this to say the Amazon incentive songs are mediocre. GCU for me.

Damn they would include a song I really want in the Amazon exclusives :( That "Follow Me Down" song is so catchy.
It's more than likely timed DLC with Amazon that will eventually come to the RB store later on down the road. GCU is the only way to go on this one it seems.

Speaking of which, anyone heard if the the 30 pre order Harmonix songs are available at all retailers? The RB page that has that info specifically has that incentive around the Gamestop and Amazon links and at the bottom they have Best Buy and Wal Mart added to the other pre order links.

So much bad info here...

YES XB instruments will need an adapter to work for the XBO....from what has been written, it will be a 1 adapter works for all....so think like a USB hub type deal for all your instruments.

No word yet on ION or e-drum support OR if you have wireless mics from another game like I do

Also, this 150 DLC incompatibility is so overblown its not even funny.....its Beatles which has never worked in RB and then its the RB3 disc which hasn't been exported because DUH, there wasnt another game after RB3 so no export was necessary to now ---- IOW, theyre currently working on that being a possibility....and the other is if you have RB Network stuff because there is currently no support in the current gen consoles for such a thing....

So again, completely overblown....

Any other DLC you had will be available and move over, provided its tied to your account, you are going to the next gen of the same system, and you made sure to export the disc songs when you had the chance (RB1, RB2. Lego, Green Day, etc)

Also, there will be a digital download as well as a standalone disc copy for those of us like myself who already have legacy instruments and just don't feel like buying anything new.

Hope this all makes more sense and gets some more buyers

So much bad info here...

YES XB instruments will need an adapter to work for the XBO....from what has been written, it will be a 1 adapter works for all....so think like a USB hub type deal for all your instruments.

No word yet on ION or e-drum support OR if you have wireless mics from another game like I do

Also, this 150 DLC incompatibility is so overblown its not even funny.....its Beatles which has never worked in RB and then its the RB3 disc which hasn't been exported because DUH, there wasnt another game after RB3 so no export was necessary to now ---- IOW, theyre currently working on that being a possibility....and the other is if you have RB Network stuff because there is currently no support in the current gen consoles for such a thing....

So again, completely overblown....

Any other DLC you had will be available and move over, provided its tied to your account, you are going to the next gen of the same system, and you made sure to export the disc songs when you had the chance (RB1, RB2. Lego, Green Day, etc)

Also, there will be a digital download as well as a standalone disc copy for those of us like myself who already have legacy instruments and just don't feel like buying anything new.

Hope this all makes more sense and gets some more buyers
Thanks for clearing that up, I have 4-5 guitars and a mic, so all I need is the game.

Just to elaborate a tad more on the new hardware, supposably they are built better (ie. Drums are more rubbery? Less dents, etc.) And they take two batteries instead of three. New and improved cymbal kit is supposed to be available soon as well.

I think I'll be selling my Guitar Hero drums, 2 guitars, and 1 wired, 1 wireless mic to put towards this. I think I want to get the game digital though, so just resell the game on ebay.

Well decided to dust off my Beatles Rock Band guitar and guess what? Can no longer downstrum!!!!! WTF???? I have googled this and seems this is not uncommon, it sucks though, this was a $100 guitar that my wife bought me for Christmas that year......so now I have to A. take it apart and fix it, B. Find one used or C. buy a new one with the game.....GRRR!!!!!

has there been any word at all on when standalone guitars will be available for sale?

I don't have old guitars to bring over....if i buy the band bundle, i only get 1 guitar.  I really don't want to buy 2 bundles and then re-sell the game from the 2nd bundle.  Sigh.

has the X1 band bundle been up for best buy for preorder yet.
Yes, it has.
I've been putting off ordering and when I just checked, the Xbone band bundle says it is sold out. I imagine we'll have to hope they get more allotted to them or some people cancel before release.

bread's done
Back