Preorder Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition for $59.99 (GS/Amazon/BB); Collector's Edition $79.99 (GS exclusive)

I'm not sure how I feel about the CE. Looks like you get some ok "goodies" for an extra $20 more if you plan on getting the game on release date but I'm sure most CAGs who do, will be going through Best Buy using GCU.

Amazon link above is not for standard edition. It is for the $60 complete edition. Neither Amazon or Gamestop have standard edition for pre order.

Amazon link above is not for standard edition. It is for the $60 complete edition. Neither Amazon or Gamestop have standard edition for pre order.
The standard is just another dlc based on what I saw on the site, so it won't be available on disk since you need the game and dlc already. $40 seems way to high for the content too, especially since for $60 you'd get everything released so far.

I'm probably gonna have to buy it since my brother and my friends are obsessed with destiny, like insanely obsessed multiple hours a day doing the same stuff over and over for the chance at getting a weapon or some armor they won't use just to say they have it, so he'll have to play with them. I gave up destiny after a couple weeks. It was just the most repetitive thing I've played, and it still seems that way from what I've seen them play even though they won't admit it.

There was no mess. It was just way overhyped. Many people have 300+ hours into the game. I'd say it was well worth the $95 for everything.
I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain to you why that's wrong.

Teasing aside, I don't think I'll be returning to destiny, DLC or not. I didn't enjoy my first rodeo even with friends, I can't imagine more of the same would do much to change that.

And now we wait for this at $19.99 at bestbuy.

giphy.gif

I like gifs

Problem is the more you wait the more people playing are just going to be high level.

So I guess if you buy the $60 version you can dump your original copy for at least something. Does it say if The Dark Below and House of Wolves will be a download code or are they repressing the actual disc to include them now?

Is that steel book the same that came with the launch limited editions and ghost editions?
no, new steel book

its weak sauce that the most loyal customers, the ones who have bought the game and/or both DLCs get shafted on the CE. If you own the game and DLCs you have to pay an extra $40 for stuff in the CE that is useless to you (game + first two DLCs). its a crappy DLC at least so not a huge deal, but pretty slimey move since I'm pretty sure 90% of the CE customer base are people who currently own Destiny.

i'm sure the game will be on massive black friday sales so if you aren't already playing I'd just wait, no real reason to rush. the game is currently ~30 hours of ok content and then infinite amount of grind content, I'm sure the new DLC will be about the same.

Would buying the Taken King dlc for :ps3: grant you :ps4: access? Like The Digital Guardian Edition was for both

If you have at least 1 character that's level 30, you qualify for VIP Rewards...including a couple shaders, some armor and a big FU

So is the taken king dlc on the disc or voucher? Have digital version of everything now so was thinking could use taken king dlc and sell game disc and additional dlc?

I just bought the CE at Gamestop. Had a 15% off coupon from awhile back that I probably wasn't ever going to use otherwise as well as a GC worth roughly $20. Brought my out of pocket price to about $50 which is only $10 more than buying the standalone DLC. If I get a disc for the original game I'll just sell or trade that and get some of my money back. If anyone is going to have an extra Xbox One disc let me know. I'll probably do a 1-1 trade for the PS4 disc without the DLC.

If this dlc is like the others, it's already on disc. The season pass is just a small download. I haven't heard about this dlc though. I'm sure there will be plenty of ways to chip away at the price tag. This is CAG and it ain't our first rodeo.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Giftcard still has it's balance after ordering from Gamestop and my order doesn't have anything that says the Giftcard was used, but I remember applying it. Is this normal for Gamestop pre-orders?

My Giftcard still has it's balance after ordering from Gamestop and my order doesn't have anything that says the Giftcard was used, but I remember applying it. Is this normal for Gamestop pre-orders?
Yeah. They charge once it ships. If you don't have enough on the card, they should suspend your transaction around release date and ask for another method of payment.

$40 for the taken king feels like I'm being taken and I really like destiny. They really know how to screw the fans. I'll wait until destiny 2 has a goty like this before I buy anything else. I already spent 100 on this game with the disc and 2 dlc packs. $40, please.

I'm not very happy that the collector edition is 1) GS exclusive and 2) comes with all the stuff I already have. May have to pass it up.

If this dlc is like the others, it's already on disc. The season pass is just a small download. I haven't heard about this dlc though. I'm sure there will be plenty of ways to chip away at the price tag. This is CAG and it ain't our first rodeo.
If you look at Bungie's site for the DLC, it says you need 40 GB free space for PS4/XB1 and 20 GB for 360/PS3, so as much as that may have been the case with DLC 1 and 2, I don't think it will be this time.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=taken+king&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Preorders on Best Buy for the standard edition.  It's still the game, + season pass plus the new DLC for $60-GCU right?

That's really not bad, even with the destiny hate I spewed.

I downloaded the Destiny demo today and it let me play crucible/earth with my level 30s haha.

I'm not going to preoder, but I could see myself playing.

Awesome will pick up at BB. Quit playing after first expansion pack was release because I was still stuck on level 29.

I went in and preordered it yesterday. I bought the Ghost Edition and loved it despite my constant regret I have whenever I buy collector's editions. I didn't feel it with the GE, I was happy with what I got, especially since I'm still playing and loving the game to this day. So I figured I HAVE to get this one. I'm now a sucker for everything Destiny. Gotta figure out what to do with the extra game and expansions. Sucks there's no Year 1 collector's edition. That would've been awesome.

Yeah. They charge once it ships. If you don't have enough on the card, they should suspend your transaction around release date and ask for another method of payment.
Ha, see, I knew it! The gamestop guy was extremely confident that they charge immediately. I had heard about them charging when they ship on this site, so I was extremely hesitant because the card I was using expires in august. So I just bought a gift card and used that. He was like ooooooooooook, you don't have to do that but if you want to... I would've been pisssssssssed if I had to change payment and didn't have the funds come release day.

Ha, see, I knew it! The gamestop guy was extremely confident that they charge immediately. I had heard about them charging when they ship on this site, so I was extremely hesitant because the card I was using expires in august. So I just bought a gift card and used that. He was like ooooooooooook, you don't have to do that but if you want to... I would've been pisssssssssed if I had to change payment and didn't have the funds come release day.
If it was an online order they won't charge until it ships. If it was an in store web order, they will charge in full upfront.

Mmm so unless you don't have the original + expansions the bundled version is not really worth it (imo). I might just wait until Destiny 2 comes out then
Dlc is $40 by itself so if you have credit to use then it is worth it. I paid $41 out of pocket so I'm happy with my purchase. And if the codes are all separate then you can probably get $15-20 back by selling the first two dlc.

Thanks for the info OP. I have Destiny on the PS3 and haven't bought the DLCs yet. I have waited to get the game on the PS4. I didn't want to pay $80 at gamestop for the legendary edition. Now I can pay $48 at Best Buy with GCU for everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was an online order they won't charge until it ships. If it was an in store web order, they will charge in full upfront.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I trusted he knew what he was talking about, but all I knew was it charges when shipped.

Yeah, this is garbage. There needs to be a real discount for existing customers/expansion pass owners. Those jumping in now can twice the game for half the cost with this bundle. *more grumbles about being suckered into the hype*

I'm shocked no on actually addressed this dum dum yet. None of the DLC was already in disc for the first two expansions. Areas wee accessible if you glitched into them, but they were incomplete. And also, they're just recycled spots from original missions with one or two new sections added. Everything else, all assets and in game items were provided via patches. For example, House of Wolves, which just launched last month, had three patches prior to release. These patches loaded the DLC into the game world so that when HoW was unlocked, you could play right away. You preloaded 2-3 GB worth of patches before the release date of the DLC. Did you just think that was for the hell of it? Then on release date, they pushed one small update that unlocked everything.

Please stop spreading misinformation when you have no idea what you're talking about.

bread's done
Back