- - - - -

DEAD - $45 for $50 Ebay Card @ Gyft

Gyft Ebay

#1 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:40 PM

https://app.gyft.com...2162.1434479969

[attachment=15063:Untitled2.png]

Promo code DAD2015 at checkout to get 10% off on your $50 eBay gift card purchase

• Ends 11:59pm PST June 19, 2015
  • Any payment method
  • Cannot combine w/ other promotions or the $5 Gyft Card
  • Cannot use a Gyft Card to purchase
  • Each user/household can redeem promo code up to 3 times
  • Will not earn Gyft Points
  • Email validation is required
  • Only redeemable in the U.S.
  • No more than $500 in eBay gift cards may be redeemed per eBay purchase
  • You must have an eBay account and PayPal account registered in the U.S. to redeem

[attachment=15067:Untitled3.png]

Double Dip Deal(s):

Already bought the $39.99 PS Plus offer with one GC, and will likely use the additional $110.01 to buy two $50 PSN and 1 $10 PSN card to take advantage of the "Spend $100 get $15 back" promo on PSN going this week.

PSN Spend $100 Get $15 Back

https://www.cheapass...-15-back-by-77/

Here's the $50 and $20/$50 Codes

http://www.ebay.com/...y-/281720082806

http://www.ebay.com/...y-/261627619588

Also on these it says:

logoPaypalCredit_104x16.png

New customers get $10 back on 1st purchase

http://www.gamestop....-pack-45/119209

A couple things were deleted because I'd jumped the gun. Bestbuy sells on ebay but not Bestbuy gift cards, nor the $45+$5 gift card pack. Sorry

Sorry if something's wrong I edit like crazy plus I'm at 'work'

#2 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23575 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:48 PM

Hm... lots of sales on eBay giftcards lately... wonder what's going on?:-k

#3 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:53 PM

Hm... lots of sales on eBay giftcards lately... wonder what's going on? :-k

They're losing PayPal. It'll still be accepted of course but not required.

What is gyft? When I have extra money and have already threw more then required at my student loans and contributed to my savings/retirement accounts I tend to buy silver and gold coins on eBay.  10% discount can be huge. Will I just got redemption codes i can plug in at checkout? Should I be worried that if I don't use them quickly they might not work (as in they would sell the same code to someone else?)

#4 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23575 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:03 PM

What is gyft? When I have extra money and have already threw more then required at my student loans and contributed to my savings/retirement accounts I tend to buy silver and gold coins on eBay.  10% discount can be huge. Will I just got redemption codes i can plug in at checkout? Should I be worried that if I don't use them quickly they might not work (as in they would sell the same code to someone else?)

I don't follow... why would losing PP mean more sales on eBay giftcards? Are they just like... clearing out codes? :-k

And Gyft is just a online giftcard merchant. They're reputable, I've used them before when they sold Amazon and TRU giftcards at a discount. All giftcards you buy show up in your wallet and can be used instantly. The main draw to Gyft is that they're linked to some retailers and Google Wallet so you can redeem them without having to keep the code handy. And yes, they also just give you the code so you can redeem like any other code. 

#5 JohnnySucco  

JohnnySucco

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

No $50 ebay gift cards are available right now.  It jumps from $45 to $100.  The promo code does take $5 off of $100 but it's not worth it for me.   

#6 diegoinsano  

diegoinsano

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:09 PM

Gyft is a gift card shop, they let you buy gift cards from almost every store that have a GC program. It's totally reliable and safe, i probably have spent a few thousand dollars with them and many times left GCs hanging in my gyft wallet for weeks. Also, they have a rewards program that gives you 2 points back for every dollar you spent when paying by paypal (credit card payment earns 1 point per dollar). 100 points = $1 dollar discount in your next purchase. Essentially, they are giving you a way to take 2% off every purchase you make with a gift card. It's little discount, but i'm a cheap ass gamer after all :)

#7 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23575 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:14 PM

No $50 ebay gift cards are available right now.  It jumps from $45 to $100.  The promo code does take $5 off of $100 but it's not worth it for me.   

Having the same issue... the code works on amounts over $50 but $5 off $100 isn't as tempting. 

#8 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:33 PM

Having the same issue... the code works on amounts over $50 but $5 off $100 isn't as tempting. 

crap must be some kind of glitch or they don't have the redemption codes yet for some reason? It clearly says 10% off $50

wow there's even a discrepancy in the code

This is on the website:

[attachment=15061:Untitled2.png]

This is from the email:

[attachment=15062:Untitled.png]

#9 JohnnySucco  

JohnnySucco

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

$50 gift card is back!

#10 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

$50 gift card is back!

seriously? but I like that picture... :(

edit: not working for me.

#11 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23575 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:42 PM

Not seeing it either... these might only have a limited number of the $50 giftcard. 

#12 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:48 PM

meh, 20% off deal via ebay yesterday kills this, I am now spoiled lol

#13 neonon19s   Gotta Catch 'em All CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

neonon19s

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

meh, 20% off deal via ebay yesterday kills this, I am now spoiled lol

You got in on it during the 4 hrs it lasted lol

#14 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:59 PM

It's showing up for me now

#15 JohnnySucco  

JohnnySucco

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:08 PM

The $50 gc seems to be going in and out of stock.  I can't select it now.  Just keep refreshing and hope for the best.  

#16 Jiseru   robo CAGiversary!   563 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:37 PM

Seems to be back in stock for now.

#17 darpogamer   RPG Gamer4Life CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

does this get e-mailed or mailed to you?

#18 leecy  

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:53 PM

does this get e-mailed or mailed to you?

Email or text. Instant delivery, but it doesn't seem like you can use it immediately (or at least I can't).

#19 The Lord of Awesome   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Lord of Awesome

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:55 PM

They're losing PayPal.

I thought ebay owned Paypal?

#20 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5243 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:19 PM

I thought ebay owned Paypal?

It is spinning off thanks to Carl Icahn, so a bunch of Wall Street mobsters can steal make a lot of money.

#21 LeonSKennedy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

LeonSKennedy

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

Great deal! Wish I'd taken advantage of the 20% off deal at EBay to stack these. Still 3 $50 EBay GCs for $135 isn't bad at all. Already bought the $39.99 PS Plus offer with one GC, and will likely use the additional $110.01 to buy two $50 PSN and 1 $10 PSN card to take advantage of the "Spend $100 get $15 back" promo on PSN going this week.

#22 darpogamer   RPG Gamer4Life CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

Dang, I bought one of the ebay gift cards but now I don't have anywhere to unload it. Was hoping to turn it into Steam cash, but Paypal only has $100 Steam cards left, and I really don't want to have to go pick up a card from Best Buy.

#23 princemoonrise   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

princemoonrise

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:56 PM

Gave this deal a shot, but WOW, I've not seen such shady fine print and pyramid scheme tactics just to get a $5 discount before.  I was going to get the 3-limit but now I'm iffy because their system seems so shady.  The crazy fine print that made me WTF:  "iIf you have not used your Gyft Card within 12 months from date of purchase, the card will automatically be converted to the Gyft-selected brand of the month".  So that basically means if you don't use your ebay giftcard within the 12 months, they can transform it into something random and probably worthless at their whim.  Its probably a scheme to convert to lowest-value whenever someone forgets.  This seems dangerous and even if I know I'll be spending more than $150 on ebay, thats more than $5 time hassle and risk.  Also their mobile app is buggy and you have to sign up for Gyft on EVERY RECIPIENT you send a giftcard to.  If they don't accept, they cant use the card or claim the code.  Just thought I'd share my experience for those thinking this is an easy $5 with normal giftcard behavior.

#24 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:13 PM

Damn we missed a 30% off ebay GC deal this morning, ebay has been killing it lately. It was a $15 off $50 code on anything sold thru ebay.

#25 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:04 PM

Gave this deal a shot, but WOW, I've not seen such shady fine print and pyramid scheme tactics just to get a $5 discount before.  I was going to get the 3-limit but now I'm iffy because their system seems so shady.  The crazy fine print that made me WTF:  "iIf you have not used your Gyft Card within 12 months from date of purchase, the card will automatically be converted to the Gyft-selected brand of the month".  So that basically means if you don't use your ebay giftcard within the 12 months, they can transform it into something random and probably worthless at their whim.  Its probably a scheme to convert to lowest-value whenever someone forgets.  This seems dangerous and even if I know I'll be spending more than $150 on ebay, thats more than $5 time hassle and risk.  Also their mobile app is buggy and you have to sign up for Gyft on EVERY RECIPIENT you send a giftcard to.  If they don't accept, they cant use the card or claim the code.  Just thought I'd share my experience for those thinking this is an easy $5 with normal giftcard behavior.

Yea I'm guessing the deals they make with those "top" companies are how they make their money otherwise how would they?

Damn we missed a 30% off ebay GC deal this morning, ebay has been killing it lately. It was a $15 off $50 code on anything sold thru ebay.

I didn't see anything about that ._.

#26 darpogamer   RPG Gamer4Life CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

I was a couple minutes late to that one because I randomly saw it mentioned on reddit :(

#27 forkyfork   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

Where's a good place to get ebay gc''s? i wanna take advnatage of the eshop sale going on via nintendo.

#28 Captain Wrong   ... CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Captain Wrong

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:43 AM

Stick a fork in this, it's done.

So sorry, we had to end the Father’s Day promotion early due to crazy high demand! Qualifying cards are sold out.

#29 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:25 AM

Stick a fork in this, it's done.

So sorry, we had to end the Father’s Day promotion early due to crazy high demand! Qualifying cards are sold out.

wow I didn't even get one .__.