Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

Tha Xecutioner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion Thread
(currently: Hype / Speculation / Anticipation)
 ​
 ​
cvrOm21.jpg
Determine the fate of Humanity. Become the Pathfinder.
 ​
 ​
Game Information:
Developer: BioWare
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Genre: RPG/Action & Adventure
Release Date: Holiday 2016
Available Platforms: XBOX ONE, PS4, PC
Player(s): 1
Multiplayer: Yes
 ​
 ​
Videos:
 ​
 ​
Pictures:
 ​
 ​
Useful Resources:
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
More info coming soon!
last updated 6/16/2015

No, absolutely it's not wrong to want that!  I'm bummed a trilogy rerelease wasn't announced (yet).  I'd rather they didn't touch anything, just repackage/rerelease with new achievements and I'd be all over it. 

There's always November 7th.  I hope/bet we'll see something interest with either a trilogy release or something cool about Andromeda then. 

Yay!  New thread!

I really wanted a re-release announced this week, but the backwards compatibility for ME has sated me, for now.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Nov. 7 surprise, but if I had to choose, I'd much rather the team stays all-hands-on-deck in order to keep the Andromeda release on schedule.

So, I've never played this series before. Seems a little weird with the kissing alien chicks or whatnot. Would Andromeda be a good place for a noob to jump in, or should I stick to Madden?

It was obviously good enough to make me leave my cryosleep to give this series another chunk of my soul.
Glad you put the link to the ArsTechnica article about it, as it raised some interesting points:

* DA: I had Keep to overview your decision points in DA: O, Awakenings and DA2. Will we see something for ME like it? I hope that's a hell yes.

* How did they get to Andromeda anyway? Something like the mass relays, though in an expanded form like they did with Stargate Atlants and going from the Milky Way to the Pegasus galaxy?

* Voice actors - who do you think we should get back from ME1-3 into the new series? Do you really want to start fresh with new cast, or do you think it will be too much like the "old series" if we get a lot of old voice talent in ME: A?

I'll get around to posting popular fan theories, the info from the survey leak, and more. I'm sure it won't be hard to get some suggestions/want lists going if everyone's still around from the old group.

The biggest question I have is returning characters. Not species, but specific people. Without knowing how this all starts, I can't think of good ways they can be involved. But, note, they said it happens "long after" the events of the OT. Many species live long lives.

The biggest question I have is returning characters. Not species, but specific people. Without knowing how this all starts, I can't think of good ways they can be involved. But, note, they said it happens "long after" the events of the OT. Many species live long lives.
Well, at least maybe the bootleg holographic Shepard will still be kicking around.

Asari, anyone in the ME1-3 timeframe would most likely be around in ME: A.

Turians, possibly, depending on how long it's been. Issue with Turians is that like the quarians, they have specific food requirements.

Quarians, probably not, though same issues as the turians.

Humans, maybe, depending on the timeframe.

Drell, probably same scenario as humans.

Geth, probably would be around.

Hanar, maybe.

Volus, maybe.

Salarians, not unless it's a short timeframe.

Batarians, nope, wiped out by the Reapers.

Rest of the races, probably not.

I'm going to use the second post of this thread for rumors/speculation/fan theories/etc., I think. I'll keep (mostly) official stuff in the OP.

Any wishes for the look/style of thread? Granted, we only have a little bit to work with so far.

I'm thinking Bioware is gonna do everything new and improved here so I'm expecting way new species and everything. Maybe a few side quests where we learn or see old friends but it's a new journey.

I'm thinking Bioware is gonna do everything new and improved here so I'm expecting way new species and everything. Maybe a few side quests where we learn or see old friends but it's a new journey.
Agreed, though it would be nice to see something "torch passing" from ME1-3 to ME: A. Maybe something from Liara in her Shadow Broker role, collecting new info in Andromeda?

Agreed, though it would be nice to see something "torch passing" from ME1-3 to ME: A. Maybe something from Liara in her Shadow Broker role, collecting new info in Andromeda?
Exactly. There needs to be something like this and I have to believe that Bioware gets that. Those characters are far too beloved by so many people that we need the connection, even if it's just one person, to help us move on from the OT. I feel it needs to be more than a flickering Shepard AI on a derelict ship mission as a fun easter egg.

Interesting note. Bioware has said they are going dark for now, but they'd be back later this year. N7 day anyone??

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. There needs to be something like this and I have to believe that Bioware gets that. Those characters are far too beloved by so many people that we need the connection, even if it's just one person, to help us move on from the OT. I feel it needs to be more than a flickering Shepard AI on a derelict ship mission as a fun easter egg.

Interesting note. Bioware has said they are going dark for now, but they'd be back later this year. N7 day anyone??
Liara makes the most sense mainly because she's an asari and the one most likely to still be around from the ME1-3 timframe, regardless of when it might be. EDI is another one, for the same reason.

Beyond that, it would depend on timeframe and circumstances of the "bridge". I would like to hope it's more than just a random Shepard VI instance.

All these dancing gifs and not one Tali??
tumblr_mjw16vb1G21r9e3ufo1_400.gif

Anyway, I'm extremely stoked that they finally announced the new mass effect although, I ain't trying to think about it too much. As its gonna be a good wait until it releases.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 and Mass Effect crossover news!  The Z7 Mech, complete with Zomni-tool is coming to GW2!

grass-effect.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIM0ez4bKeU[/youtube]

I've seen this commercial a hundred times and I still laugh every time imagining Garrus saying, "Oh, box wine! As if!"

There's a new series of ME minimates coming.  I'm not a huge fan of Minimates, but these are cool.  I have some from series 1.  Not sure when, but I expect these to come out around November.  Oh, and Shepard comes with both male and female variants. 

Gamestop-Mass-Effect-4-Pack.jpg

Ha! I was just coming to say "Roooooooad Triiiiiip!" I want this to be cool. I so want this to be cool, but I've never even heard of the place they are putting it. Just put it in Disneyland and finally give me a "must see" reason to to go there vs. Disneyworld. (We are a WDW every year or two family).

bread's done
Back