* * * * * 1 votes

Fred Meyer in-store: 6/19 and 6/20, $120 PlayStation credit for $82, $125 Xbox credit for $86.25

Fred Meyer Xbox Credit PSN Credit

#1 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 10:48 PM

On Friday, June 19th and Saturday, June 20th, Fred Meyer is having a sale of $10 off $50 purchases, $20 off $100 purchases, and $30 off $150 purchases.

This stacks with their ongoing weekly ad of 15% off sale on console accessories.

PlayStation and Xbox credit is considered an "accessory."

First the 15% off is taken.  From there, the 10/20/30 off is taken.

So $120 of PlayStation credit (two $50 cards & one $20 card) turns into $102, and then $20 off of that = $82.00

And $125 of Xbox credit (two $50 cards & one $25 card) turns into $106.25 and then $20 off of that = $86.25.

Of course, you can mix-and-match: I bought two $50 Xbox credit and one $20 PlayStation credit for a combined total of $82.

To get the deal, walk into your local store's front door and grab the two coupons: the 15% off coupon is in the Sunday weekly ad while the 10/20/30 off is in today's (Friday) ad.

Enter your zip code at the Fred Meyer website here to confirm the deal works at your local store.

(i.e. find the two coupons: the 15% off in the weekly and the 10/20/30 off in today's insert)

#2 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:04 PM

I wish I had this store  :cry:

#3 sicsonic   100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution Silenced   663 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:11 PM

On the weekly ad for my local Freddy's I see the 10/20/30 off, but I don't see the 15% off

Edit: Oh I see, "console accessories". I'm going to look again.

#4 bouda  

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:31 PM

$140 for New Nintendo 3DS XL

$33 for games after Q and $50 GC WYB 3 (Witcher, ESO, etc)

Also double fuel points (Q on back page of main ad)

#5 litepink   it was love at first sight CAGiversary!   2890 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:05 AM

$140 for New Nintendo 3DS XL

$33 for games after Q and $50 GC WYB 3 (Witcher, ESO, etc)

Also double fuel points (Q on back page of main ad)

But the 15% off is in console accessories, so sadly these won't work I would think.

#6 dougyfresh  

dougyfresh

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:25 AM

180 credit for 123 for playstation.  Should I be seeing the 10/20/30 coupon in my web ad or is it just in store?

Edit: Found the coupon.  It basically comes out to 33% off normal price, as long as you hit that 50/100/150 lvl

Could also pick up two controllers at end price of 41 each, that's not too bad if you need two

#7 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:46 AM

180 credit for 123 for playstation.

It basically comes out to 33% off normal price, as long as you hit that 50/100/150 lvl

Yeah, the 180 credit for $120 is the same percentage on-the-dollar as the 120 credit for $82. ....both are about 68.3% per $1 of credit.

Your comment on the controller made me realize I should have titled this thread more broadly: this ultimately becomes a great deal on headsets and controllers, too.  If a mod wants to edit it, feel free to do so.

#8 lastreward24  

lastreward24

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:48 AM

Tried it it didn't work for 2 $50 and one $20 psn card. But i also went to the regular checkouts and not the one at electronics since i was in a hurry. Would that make a differnece since i really want this and will try again?

#9 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:21 AM

Tried it it didn't work for 2 $50 and one $20 psn card. But i also went to the regular checkouts and not the one at electronics since i was in a hurry. Would that make a differnece since i really want this and will try again?

Did you bring the coupons with you?  There are two: the 15% off and the $10/20/30 off.

It should be dummy-proof.  I have bought Xbox & PlayStation credit from Fred Meyer for years using their stackable coupons.  I put the Xbox/PlayStation cards in front of the checkout person, ask them to ring them all up, then use the % off coupon, then take the $ off coupon....and am out the door.

I should note that I always checked out at the Electronics department.

(Maybe that department's computer knows to take the % off...but the main registers do not...?)

#10 even13flow   Founder of GamerNation CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:27 AM

When I did a search for Fred Meyers in my area through the link provided, a Kroger store was the first result. Does this deal work at Kroger then?

#11 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:38 AM

Enter your zip code at the Fred Meyer website here to confirm the deal works at your local store.

(i.e. find the two coupons: the 15% off in the weekly and the 10/20/30 off in today's insert)

I wonder if there's any in my area

[attachment=15208:as.JPG]

sqgTQ3r.jpg

#12 lastreward24  

lastreward24

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:38 AM

Did you bring the coupons with you? There are two: the 15% off and the $10/20/30 off.

It should be dummy-proof. I have bought Xbox & PlayStation credit from Fred Meyer for years using their stackable coupons. I put the Xbox/PlayStation cards in front of the checkout person, ask them to ring them all up, then use the % off coupon, then take the $ off coupon....and am out the door.

I should note that I always checked out at the Electronics department.
(Maybe that department's computer knows to take the % off...but the main registers do not...?)

Yeah i brought in both. There was the yellow ones available to take in the gaming section for accessories and then the dollar amount in the front. The register didnt take either of them.

#13 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:44 AM

Yeah i brought in both. There was the yellow ones available to take in the gaming section for accessories and then the dollar amount in the front. The register didnt take either of them.

Wait, what?  It didn't take either of them?

That makes no sense.  For instance, my store's 10/20/30 off specifically says its for the departments: "Apparel, Home, Garden, and Electronics"

Try entering your zip code in the store locator here to confirm that your local Fred Meyer is running these same coupons.  If it is using those coupons, try going specifically to the Electronics department to use that register...and if need be, a department manager.

(I mean, the 10/20/30 off is literally for use in the entire Electronics department, so there's no reason it shouldn't work.)

#14 lastreward24  

lastreward24

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:48 AM

The coupon does so does not apply to gift cards so maybe thats why but ill give it another go later

#15 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:58 AM

The coupon does so does not apply to gift cards so maybe thats why but ill give it another go later

Please let us know how it goes.

There's actually several of us here on CAG who keep a lookout for these stackable Fred Meyer coupons; I am forever grateful to the CAG who pointed out the occasion here when there were three stackable coupons that amounted to something like 62% on the credit dollar.

(one for a % off accessories, another for $10/20/30 off, and the last a 'Fred Meyer Friends & Family' coupon)

My experience has been that Xbox & PlayStation credit voucher cards are not considered gift cards at Fred Meyer.

#16 thatsbarejones  

thatsbarejones

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:30 AM

I wonder if this could work at a Kroger..........

#17 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:53 AM

damnit I was just there tonight buying groceries.

#18 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1915 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:07 AM

i still have credit i bought in 2013 from the triple coupons at fred meyer! i think i bought over $500 in xbox credit at 40% off

#19 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:09 AM

i still have credit i bought in 2013 from the triple coupons at fred meyer! i think i bought over $500 in xbox credit at 40% off

that's crazy. Not sure why I think I need to buy more psn credit. I've been sitting with $58 in my account for at least 6 months. I never buy anything on the ps store.

#20 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3517 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:40 AM

I was always under the impression these coupons never worked on prepaid gift cards or any sort of points cards that needed to be activated at the register. Guess I've been doing it wrong this whole time.

#21 bouda  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

But the 15% off is in console accessories, so sadly these won't work I would think.

There's multiple coupons...15% is off accessories, the $30 off is electronics department which should work.

If the 15% stacked on games, that would have been $24/game...which is probably what people really want (the glorious T stack).

#22 Oregon   CAG Collector CAGiversary!   2201 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:57 AM

Plus weekend double gas points. I saved 15$ on a fill up today.

#23 Cornelius   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:54 AM

Thanks for pointing this out ... normally I'm good about checking the ads, but this week has been hectic. Here's some info to those non-believers from someone who's done this at least 10x before, including in April & May ...

• You must Must MUST MUST only purchase game-credit from shelf-hangers on the Game Accessories rack usually in the far back of the Electronics dept.  These are the obscenely large plastic placeholders that you take up to the Electronics register, where they will trade you the shelf-hangers for real gift-cards kept in locked drawers behind the register.  Once again, you take these to the Electronics dept, and not the Grocery (or any other) registers. :mrgreen:
  • The gaming gift-cards amongst the restaurant, clothing, and Visa/MC gift-cards on the "Gift Card Mall" kiosk are technically either part of the Grocery or Home depts.  If this special didn't work for you, you either took them from the Gift Card display, or you're shopping after midnight on a Saturday night.  :rofl:
  • Bring the paper ad, print the coupon, or just show them the coupons on your phone ... whatever you do, it has to have a scan'able UPC bar code they can aim their laser gun at (and phone coupons even use an oversized UPC for this exact reason).
  • You can redeem these coupons multiple times, but be prepared to drive around to several Fred Meyers, since they reserve the right to only honor 1 redemption per store per day.
  • Both coupons work across all gaming accessories, including gaming accessories in the clearance section, and you can even buy other merchandise in the Apparel, Home, Garden, or Electronics depts ... but why would you?  In fact, I doubt registers in any other dept. would know what to do with redeeming both coupons.  Remember, with Xbox & PSN credit, you're buying (virtual) currency with less currency, and any investment trader will tell you that's the best use of your money! :-
  • There's no sales tax on Xbox/PSN credit ... hasn't been a problem for about the last 2 years. :applause:
  • The $10/$20/$30 come off after other discounts, so you'll need to perform some quick math like Bizzquik did above. The price-points you'll need to spend to save 31% are the following:
    • $58.83 = $50 / 0.85 ... aka you'll buy $60 in credit & pay $41
    • $117.65 = $100 / 0.85 ... aka you'll buy $120 in credit & pay $82
    • $176.48 = $150 / 0.85 ... aka you'll buy $180 in credit & pay $123
  • Obviously with Xbox credit only available in $25 & $50 increments, and PSN credit in $20 & $50 increments, you'll have to do some mix-&-match to get only slightly above each value, just like Bizzquik pointed out in the OP. :D/
  • If you have & buy content for both Marketplaces, I tend to favor PSN credit at Fred Meyer sales, because Best Buy or Safeway will frequently run 10-20% off promos on Xbox credit, so it's very infrequently I run out of discounted Xbox credit ... whereas PSN has been knocking the sales out of the park recently, and it's hard to keep my wallet stocked with credit. :whee:

Now that you've read the rules, here are examples of both coupons to print (or show) to the Electronics dept. clerk ...

Spoiler

And here's what the shelf-hanging game-credit looks like ... remember these are amongst the Game Accessories (like gamepads & headphones) and NOT the Gift Card Mall end-cap!
Spoiler

Hope this helps ... now get moving, because you only have all-day Saturday to cash this in ... and these double-stacked coupons get fewer & fewer until Fred Meyer ramps up Christmas sales in late-fall!

#24 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2156 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:17 AM

Really great write-up, Cornelius!

#25 Firefox59   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Firefox59

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

I wonder if there's any in my area

attachicon.gifas.JPG

sqgTQ3r.jpg

I got this too. Littman Jewelers. Any chance they have xbox cards at the register?

#26 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1915 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

Just want to add to Cornelius' write-up (because I want to contribute too lol)

-Always have them scan the $ off coupon last. This is where using your smartphone comes in handy, because you get to choose which order they scan the coupons.  With paper coupons, they will scan them whatever order they want, and many managers train the employees to scan them in an order that ends with the smallest discount ($ off first). The system will allow any order, though.

#27 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 20 June 2015 - 02:52 PM

Yep, I have a million kroger stores by me, but no fred Meyers for miles. That store locator is weird. Anyone want to volunteer to be the persom to try and use these coupons at Kroger?

#28 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1915 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:24 PM

Yep, I have a million kroger stores by me, but no fred Meyers for miles. That store locator is weird. Anyone want to volunteer to be the persom to try and use these coupons at Kroger?

why don't you try it? are you going to let this deal slip away because you didn't want to be the guinea pig?

#29 Billservo   Joined the Dark Side CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Billservo

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

Thanks, op. Confirmed deal for me on $125 worth of xbox store credit for $86.25 today. Ran the coupons in % then $ off order.

#30 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

I wish I had this store  :cry:

Yeah, would be nice if Kroger did this at all their brands.