* * * - - 5 votes

ENDED [gamestop] Trade in Xbox 360 (250gb or higher) or PS3 (120gb or higher) and get up to $150 credit. Ends 7/12

gamestop Credit Trade-in Xbox Playstation

#61 coolrust   Kupalizm Mode CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

coolrust

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

Don't quote me on this, but for Fat 360s, I think gamestop takes the system and HDD seperately

This, plus it state that "Systems with External hard drives are not eligible to receive the promotional value". So I'm pretty sure the fat one is not eligible. You could went to best buy as you could have a better luck.

#62 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:07 PM

This, plus it state that "Systems with External hard drives are not eligible to receive the promotional value". So I'm pretty sure the fat one is not eligible. You could went to best buy as you could have a better luck.

I literally just checked the promotion rules and was about to update my post mentioning that external drives are not eligible. I guess Gamestop knew people would try to pull a fast one and use some loophole to slip past the intended trade-in, so they made sure to elimnate old fat 360s from the start

#63 heyyoeddie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1316 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:14 PM

Sorry, didn't see the posts literally right above mine.

#64 Z-r0   Death Anghell CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:21 PM

So, that's what they ment by external drives. I guess I will hang onto mt 360.

Plus, the only store with an Xbone is the local Walmart. I will just have to buy it at full price.

#65 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

So, that's what they ment by external drives. I guess I will hang onto mt 360.

Plus, the only store with an Xbone is the local Walmart. I will just have to buy it at full price.

GS is a better deal, and I dont want to beat a dead horse, but its been posted you can trade in the old fat 360 at microsoft for $100 +50gc, in store or online, Im headed out today to do just that:

https://www.cheapass...-of-ps3-or-360/

#66 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1411 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:34 PM

Does anyone know if all 360 games will eventually be compatible with the Xbox One? I can't seem to find info on that online.

I have a 360 with a 320 gb hard drive that I installed (MS brand intended for the 360), can I still trade mine in? Or is this what they mean by "external hard drives"? 

Edit: Mine is installed within the console, I am assuming by external it is the old ones where it is literally on the outside...phew.

#67 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:35 PM

I literally just checked the promotion rules and was about to update my post mentioning that external drives are not eligible. I guess Gamestop knew people would try to pull a fast one and use some loophole to slip past the intended trade-in, so they made sure to elimnate old fat 360s from the start

During the promo at the end of march the "external drive not eligible" line was not in the promo.  People did argue their way into trading in fat 360s with external hard drives, but the language changed half way through the promo.

#68 Markew001   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   329 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:33 PM

Sooo.. an older, fatty PS3 upgraded with a new 500gb internal. Will that still get the $150 or do they go with the model number?

#69 bluto20   hiya buddy! CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:58 PM

edit. delete

#70 Z-r0   Death Anghell CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:23 PM

GS is a better deal, and I dont want to beat a dead horse, but its been posted you can trade in the old fat 360 at microsoft for $100 +50gc, in store or online, Im headed out today to do just that:

https://www.cheapass...-of-ps3-or-360/

i forgot about that promotion. I'll call my local Microsoft Store and see if they have any white Xboxes. They've been impossible to find. Only Walmart has them.

#71 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   6996 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:38 PM

Hmm i already had Batman AK reserved with 30 dollars down for PS4. Do you think they would let me trade in my Gears of War Xbox 360, and use that 30 down on batman towards the xbox one with the free game being batman for PS4? I think it would end up 190 out of pocket if they used the 30 i put down on Batman AK.

Also i dont see any white X1 on the website, not sure if they have them in store. I just dont want to be scammed into thinking im getting a new X1 when its used and repackaged. Dont really deal with gamestop really, so idk.

#72 TheyWantJustice   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

TheyWantJustice

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

Waiting for confirmation that we can actually trade in one of each console. I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 that haven't been touched in close to a year. If so, I'm headed to the nearest GameStop ASAP.

#73 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

Got my $150 for my Gears 3 console and my free Witcher 3 game when I picked up my LE White Master Chief Collection One - all for less than $40 out of pocket in the end.

entertainment center.jpg

Here's my entertainment center after I got my new XB1 set up

#74 bluto20   hiya buddy! CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:29 PM

Got my $150 for my Gears 3 console and my free Witcher 3 game when I picked up my LE White Master Chief Collection One - all for less than $40 out of pocket in the end.

attachicon.gifentertainment center.jpg

forget your xb1 set up (although very nice) what kinda soundbar is that?

#75 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:36 PM

forget your xb1 set up (although very nice) what kinda soundbar is that?

It's an LG soundbar connected to a 50 inch LG tv, so I only need to use the soundbar remote to control it and the tv. Also came with a wireless sub that works fantastic

And once I got the Wii U 8gb on clearence a few months back and won a white PS4 from Taco Bell, I wouldn't get anything other than a white Xbox One to match

#76 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14290 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

i forgot about that promotion. I'll call my local Microsoft Store and see if they have any white Xboxes. They've been impossible to find. Only Walmart has them.

GS had them as a web-in-store purchase w/1 year of Gold for $390 last week.

#77 Argive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:18 PM

Do I have to buy the new console immediately to avail myself of this deal? I'd like to trade in my PS3 for $150, but I can't buy a PS4 for a few more months.

#78 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13  

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:19 PM

Do I have to buy the new console immediately to avail myself of this deal? I'd like to trade in my PS3 for $150, but I can't buy a PS4 for a few more months.

Its trade in towards the purchase of a new console, so it has to be in the same transaction

#79 Argive   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:21 PM

Its trade in towards the purchase of a new console, so it has to be in the same transaction

Ok, I figured as much. Oh well. I may try to move the PS3 on ebay then. The regular trade in value for PS3 is absurd, just $50.

#80 sesshoumarusama   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

sesshoumarusama

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:28 PM

I've got 2 2nd gen 160 gb playstation 3s to trade. So I could possibly get $150 for each?

Has anyone succesfully return a new system for the $150 credit

#81 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:29 PM

Waiting for confirmation that we can actually trade in one of each console. I have a PS3 and Xbox 360 that haven't been touched in close to a year. If so, I'm headed to the nearest GameStop ASAP.

Did it this morning.  Traded in a 360 and ps3 and purchased the Halo MCC bundle (white).  They gave me an extra $2.75 for the headset that came with the 360.  I didn't personally trade in 2 of the same system, but the person working was confident it would work.  Also got ESO for free and walked over to best buy and traded it in for $42.

Gonna give Dennis an A+ survey.  He held the white console for me and basically told me how things would stack in the computer and even mentioned the free game to me before I brought it up.  He wasn't sure if any game was free or only XB1 games were free so he was going to try and ring up Slatoon as the free game, but they had sold out.  I would have kept Splatoon, but I told him to just give me ESO since I was planning on trading it in anyway.

Spoiler

#82 Markew001   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   329 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:55 PM

Did it this morning.  Traded in a 360 and ps3 and purchased the Halo MCC bundle (white). 

Slim PS3? I'm waiting to hear if anyone has luck trading a fatty PS3 w/ a larger HDD.

#83 braves22   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

braves22

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:58 PM

Man...

I do wish one of these companies would hold the TIV on a gift card of some sort....

Would be nice for those of us that are perfectly cool with trading in our old system, but can't afford the cost difference to move up to a new system just yet...

This buying that day or within the week is just a killer....

#84 kujen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:05 PM

Is there anywhere I can trade in a 120 GB Xbox 360 Elite? Or is eBay my best bet?

#85 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:06 PM

Man...

I do wish one of these companies would hold the TIV on a gift card of some sort....

Would be nice for those of us that are perfectly cool with trading in our old system, but can't afford the cost difference to move up to a new system just yet...

If you have the money to cover the cost of it initially, buy it and return it.  You'll get the $150 back in credit and the rest back in whatever form you paid with.

Slim PS3? I'm waiting to hear if anyone has luck trading a fatty PS3 w/ a larger HDD.

I did trade in a super slim.  Take this for what it's worth since I didn't do it, but when they scan the fat systems the price wont bump up automatically.  Some people have reported that they got a manager override during the last promotion, but no one has said that this promotion.  The only thing you can do is take in your system and give it a shot, you might get lucky.

#86 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:09 PM

Man...

Lol it's just $250...but you do realize that GS makes these promos to upgrade gamers to next gen, not to make flipper$ profit

#87 braves22   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

braves22

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:13 PM

Lol it's just $250...but you do realize that GS makes these promos to upgrade gamers to next gen, not to make flipper$ profit

"Its just $150" may work for some, but getting married in short order so "disposable income" is not a term I'm familiar with right now 

#88 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:24 PM

entertainment center.jpg

Ugh, that black sticker.  I know I'm playing with fire, but I'm going to try to peel mine off tonight.

#89 WickedCyclone  

WickedCyclone

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:31 PM

Just got back from trading in a 360 and PS3 for a 1TB system, pretty awesome deal!

#90 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:36 PM

Man...

easy, don't buy it, if you can't afford the cost difference